Parking near RDS

Started by Farrandeelin, June 19, 2018, 01:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Hi all, just wondering about where to park near the RDS. Picture This are playing there on Saturday and I was wondering where you could get away towards the Dublin Port Tunnel. Also how much is the toll for the Dublin Port Tunnel? Thanks in advance.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dinny Breen

€3 off peak for Port Tunnel, €1 40 for East Link. You could park around Irishtown, Ringsend, Sandymount. 20 min walk to the RDS. 

There is parking in the RDS.
#newbridgeornowhere

Shamrock Shore

Park near Elgin Rd - should be parking there. Not far from USA embassy

Ambrose

You'd think someone would invent something to answer simple questions like the one in the OP, could be a few euro in it as well. Just a thought.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Owenmoresider

Parking along Herbert Park, Sandymount Avenue or Simmonscourt Road (Donnybrook side) is free on Saturdays I think, but they may be too close to the RDS for getting away quickly unless you're out fairly quickly, and Simmonscourt may be closed off anyway. Sandymount Avenue might be the better option because you could get out to Sandymount without facing into the RDS traffic and across to the Port Tunnel from there.

David McKeown

I used to always park at the Hockey Club nearby is it Bective?  Handy spot, quite cheap and pretty secure.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AZOffaly

Quote from: David McKeown on June 19, 2018, 09:33:20 PM
I used to always park at the Hockey Club nearby is it Bective?  Handy spot, quite cheap and pretty secure.

Pembroke Wanderers?  Opposite the side gate of AIB Bankcentre?

David McKeown

Tony Baloney

Taking the young lad to Foo Fighters at the RDS tomorrrow. They are advising that people don't try to park nearby and Gardai will be operating "traffic management". Any idea how close I could get and then walk? I was thinking of coming in by 3Arena to Ringsend and parking as close as I can get to Simmonscourt Road? Or would I be better taking the hit and parking in Irishtown or Sandymount and walking in?

Main Street

Why not take the Dart to Landsdowne or Sandymount?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2019, 07:53:00 PM
Taking the young lad to Foo Fighters at the RDS tomorrrow. They are advising that people don't try to park nearby and Gardai will be operating "traffic management". Any idea how close I could get and then walk? I was thinking of coming in by 3Arena to Ringsend and parking as close as I can get to Simmonscourt Road? Or would I be better taking the hit and parking in Irishtown or Sandymount and walking in?

I'm doing similar for Post Malone (whoever he is) on Thursday for my two daughters, but taking my dogs down also so was hoping to drop them off and take the pups for a good dander in one of the local parks.

Not fussed on letting them on the Dart, I'll be there before 6 so was hoping to get in close!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

I'll be planning to get in before 6 too. The Dart from Malahide or somewhere might be a decent option on the way in but not sure how good the service is later on. Might just chance my arm and hopefully don't get clamped  :D

David McKeown

I used to park at the local hockey club is it Pembroke wanderers? But last time I went it was full
And I ended up parking at the rugby club a few hundred years down the main road. Guards were stopping traffic for us to get out after the show and I was home in no time.

Wildweasel74

Leahys terrace off sandmount Rd. Take the east link toll Bridge or tunnel across. Check on Google maps.

Tony Baloney

MR2, Parking was no bother earlier. I went in through Sandymount village and parked in a residential street called Wilfield Park. Roads were closed from Sandymount station so it's as close as I could get. Less than 10 min walk.