Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

St.Pauls trying to save themselves from Division 3 football next year. Proposing 3 x team leagues 1A, 1B ,2A and a 10 team - div 2B.  Totally ignoring promotion and relegation. A team that won four games all year - worthy of Div2 A status .....Jesus weep for them

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on November 12, 2018, 05:24:49 PM
St.Pauls trying to save themselves from Division 3 football next year. Proposing 3 x team leagues 1A, 1B ,2A and a 10 team - div 2B.  Totally ignoring promotion and relegation. A team that won four games all year - worthy of Div2 A status .....Jesus weep for them

How would their proposals work exactly? any links to them?

delgany

Quote from: themac_23 on November 12, 2018, 07:12:20 PM
Quote from: delgany on November 12, 2018, 05:24:49 PM

How would their proposals work exactly? any links to them?
[/quote

Using the current league positions-  teams in 1-8   - div 1A

Teams 9 -16  = 1B

Teams 17 -24= 2A

Rest  = 2B

I no consideration given to promotion

I'm sure GNM   St.Brigids will like that proposal !!!!

Hectic

What am I missing here? St Pauls right now are in bottom 10. You sure it is not a 10 team 2A and an 8 team 2B?  Even at that there would probably be debate as to whether St Pauls and ODs or Ardoyne and Antrim would get the extra 2 places from the bottom 10.

delgany

Quote from: Hectic on November 12, 2018, 07:29:49 PM
What am I missing here? St Pauls right now are in bottom 10. You sure it is not a 10 team 2A and an 8 team 2B?  Even at that there would probably be debate as to whether St Pauls and ODs or Ardoyne and Antrim would get the extra 2 places from the bottom 10.
Restructure of the All County Football Leagues for the 2019 Season

The All County Football League to be restructured on a pilot basis for 1 year to the following;

Div 1A – 8 team league (top 8 placed teams in 2018 season)
Div 1B – 8 team league (9-16 placed teams in 2018 season)
Div 2A – 8 team league (17-24 placed teams in 2018 season)
Div 2B – 10 team league (25-34 placed teams in 2018 season)

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on November 12, 2018, 07:41:31 PM
Quote from: Hectic on November 12, 2018, 07:29:49 PM
Restructure of the All County Football Leagues for the 2019 Season

The All County Football League to be restructured on a pilot basis for 1 year to the following;

Div 1A – 8 team league (top 8 placed teams in 2018 season)
Div 1B – 8 team league (9-16 placed teams in 2018 season)
Div 2A – 8 team league (17-24 placed teams in 2018 season)
Div 2B – 10 team league (25-34 placed teams in 2018 season)

Surely that cant be right? if that is their proposals my reading of it is that O'ds and St Pauls stay 2a and Lisburn and Glenravel would be 2b, that cant be right, and if you changed the 2 teams then the re structure wouldn't save St Pauls?

Hectic

You got to hand it to them if true. That is as barefaced as you are likely to get. But it is also highly disrespectful to their fellow clubs. I read an article recently about Lisburn and the years of work they have put in to get where they are now. If St Pauls have taken their eye off the ball during this same period what do they think gives them the right to ride rough shod over huge effort from a club like Naomh Padraig. No shame whatsoever.

paddyjohn

St Paul's can f**k off and suck it up.

bogieman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2018, 01:56:55 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on November 06, 2018, 09:16:27 AM
Quote from: bogieman on November 05, 2018, 11:56:14 PMwarning? ... C/S is over now. I was still on the site btw
Why bite ?
Bite on what? I made the observation....

Hook, line and...
Why lower yourself begs the question.

Ps nothing wrong with Friday evening games, club singular...

Pss Senior and reserves on Sundays are great

Psss HS, surely common sense prevails, who doesn't have it that changes can only take place after following year ?  If not, why not, has anyone sensible proposed it before ?

Pssss someone sensible tell st. Paul's to take their oil...
Seem to remember advice like this before
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Milltown Row2

There are a lot of clubs over the years that made proposals to 'improve' the leagues to save their own skin, some have actually been successful with it, so the form and results have worked..

Some posters letting themselves down a bit with their language but these things happen, until a policy is in place to ensure changes are always made the following year then clubs in danger of dropping leagues will do this.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

inabsentia

The real problem is that St Pauls proposal is a good one, but done for the wrong reasons. I think if it were implemented this year coming they'd have to be some sort of playoff so the likes of St Pats aren't shafted. But who wants to play a crucial game to define their year before anythings started.

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: inabsentia on November 13, 2018, 09:23:13 AM
The real problem is that St Pauls proposal is a good one, but done for the wrong reasons. I think if it were implemented this year coming they'd have to be some sort of playoff so the likes of St Pats aren't shafted. But who wants to play a crucial game to define their year before anythings started.
It could be implemented but taken into account the finishing positions with promotion/relegation taking place before being applied.
Rossa/Glenavy swapped with Gort na Mona/St Brigids
St Paul's/O'Donnell's swapped with Glenravel/Lisburn

St Paul's would still be in the bottom league which they wouldn't like but it is the only fair place to take with the teams in the promotion/relegation places. Tough suppose it has no impact on the current Div 1/Div 2 as they would be in St Paul's new proposed 1B.

Christmas Lights

Why are St Paul's so against being in the bottom league?  If they haven't been good enough for division 2, then what's their issue?

Na Glinntí Glasa

ill never understand teams that want the leagues constantly changed every single season just because it doesn't suit them.

theres no doubt that their proposal looks good but their motives leave a lot to be desired. the teams that won promotion should all have that honoured and those relegated this year should stay the same.
hurl like f**k boi!

inabsentia

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on November 13, 2018, 09:31:53 AM
Quote from: inabsentia on November 13, 2018, 09:23:13 AM
It could be implemented but taken into account the finishing positions with promotion/relegation taking place before being applied.
Rossa/Glenavy swapped with Gort na Mona/St Brigids
St Paul's/O'Donnell's swapped with Glenravel/Lisburn

St Paul's would still be in the bottom league which they wouldn't like but it is the only fair place to take with the teams in the promotion/relegation places. Tough suppose it has no impact on the current Div 1/Div 2 as they would be in St Paul's new proposed 1B.

Well it wouldn't affect Rossa/Glenavy as the top 3 leagues would look like this.

1A
Creggan
Galls
Cargin   
Johnnies
LD
PG1
Ednas
AG

1B
Ahoghill
T's