Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Mourne Red on April 21, 2023, 08:29:08 PM
Couple of hammerings handed out tonight

We were on the receiving end of one. Stag party has taken loads of lads away and a difficult place to go and get a result.. island looked good but we were pathetic.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 21, 2023, 08:58:44 PM

We were on the receiving end of one. Stag party has taken loads of lads away and a difficult place to go and get a result.. island looked good but we were pathetic.

Didn't get down to watch the match but we've been going well in training tbf.. Shocked when I seen the result, youve usually had our number past couple of years but suppose stag explains things

terrifictommy

If it was my team to manage, I'd keep Murdoch for u20 Ilster final, winning breeds winning. Not sure the Donegal game can be viewed as anything other than a free pass.

3 seniors teams unable to muster more than 4 scores in a game is a sad indictment. Is that the style of defensive football played or just lack of quality?

Mourne Red

Quote from: terrifictommy on April 21, 2023, 09:09:24 PM
If it was my team to manage, I'd keep Murdoch for u20 Ilster final, winning breeds winning. Not sure the Donegal game can be viewed as anything other than a free pass.

3 seniors teams unable to muster more than 4 scores in a game is a sad indictment. Is that the style of defensive football played or just lack of quality?

Well I'd say Kilcoo are missing half their team due to County commitments so can't really criticise them

Lloyd p

Who is managing the point this year?

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Lloyd p on April 21, 2023, 09:29:20 PM

Who is managing the point this year?

Gareth o'neill from Crossmaglen

toby47

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 21, 2023, 05:26:50 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 21, 2023, 03:51:24 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on April 21, 2023, 03:42:30 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 21, 2023, 03:10:16 PM
Quote from: urbangael on April 21, 2023, 01:44:31 PM
There will definitely be changes to the starting 15 named and players on the bench.  I'd be amazed if Murdock doesn't play. Down at home and Donegal is a bit of a mess... Down to win by 2.

Is the new rule not - if not named in the 26 you can't play? How good is he? Looks very powerful.
you can make changes to the named starting team but not to the 26.

Murdock is a very good player, loads of potential to be even better than he already is, was one of Down's best players throughout the league and would have definitely featured if not for the u20 final, very unfair on players to have these competitions clashing and having to miss out on one

Jeez thats mad. So you can change starters but not subs! Only in the GAA
i mean some of the subs named on the 26 can start on the first 15 but nobody outside the 26 can come in except in exceptional circumstances

I think you can name 4 stand by players that can be brought into the 26. So there could be a few late changes yet

Lecale Gael

Quote from: toby47 on April 21, 2023, 10:20:14 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on April 21, 2023, 05:26:50 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 21, 2023, 03:51:24 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on April 21, 2023, 03:42:30 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 21, 2023, 03:10:16 PM
Quote from: urbangael on April 21, 2023, 01:44:31 PM
There will definitely be changes to the starting 15 named and players on the bench.  I'd be amazed if Murdock doesn't play. Down at home and Donegal is a bit of a mess... Down to win by 2.

Is the new rule not - if not named in the 26 you can't play? How good is he? Looks very powerful.
you can make changes to the named starting team but not to the 26.

Murdock is a very good player, loads of potential to be even better than he already is, was one of Down's best players throughout the league and would have definitely featured if not for the u20 final, very unfair on players to have these competitions clashing and having to miss out on one

Jeez thats mad. So you can change starters but not subs! Only in the GAA
i mean some of the subs named on the 26 can start on the first 15 but nobody outside the 26 can come in except in exceptional circumstances

I think you can name 4 stand by players that can be brought into the 26. So there could be a few late changes yet

They can only come in if medical information presented to withdraw any of the 26 though
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

thewobbler

Another second gear performance from Harps last night, staggering over line after keeping Saval at just about an arm's length for most of the match.

Interesting PoV aired in the club last night. We've just finished over a decade of generally being the underdogs in D1, employing sweepers, double sweepers, withdrawn half forwards, non-stop wrestling, non-stop verbals, and a siege mentality, all in pursuit of narrow victories. It looks like we are in for a taste of our own medicine this season (hopefully, only one season!) in D2. Not many are going to take us on at old fashioned football, that's for sure.

SHEEDY

Good luck to management and players tomorrow, looking forward to the match, hopefully the lads can give it a good rattle.
nil satis nisi optimum

Hard2Listen2

Some very good performances today.
Great to get a win. 
We'll done CL, his management team & the players.

thewobbler

First half was putrid, shadow boxing shit. Overly tactical. Exceptionally boring.

But to fair, Down were much the better side after the break, when unleashed. It's one seriously pacy side. Great to see Daniel Guinness back and in very direct form.

It's hard to see how Down's defence is going to keep Armagh under control. But at same time, they won't turn the screw at midfield and I don't see Armagh finishing with a full quote of defenders if Down run at them. I don't think we will win, but I don't think Armagh will be overly looking forward to this.

Sandstorm

Big change from 2 years ago when we were defending a 16 point defeat with 15 men behind the ball

SHEEDY

Great win today, some very good performances all over the field. Serious pace in the team which we were able to utilise once the match opened up.
nil satis nisi optimum

downtothecore

Great to get the win as the presure was on to get it as Donegal are at a low ebb this year.. Armagh will be a big step up. Hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves.