2019 Joe McDonagh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, March 10, 2019, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

2 unbeaten teams left, ourselves and Wexford. We're on the up.

G@@

I was giving us a 60/40 chance today, but getting a eleven point win was unreal.

Well done everyone involved, thank you ever so much, great memories created today.

Thought Paddy Purcell's speech was very fitting.

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Highlights on TG4 from 8.30 to 9.30 tonight..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

laoislad

Quote from: Don Draper on June 30, 2019, 06:25:46 PM
Only 3 counties can still do the double! Laois Cork and Dublin....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Don Draper

Quote from: laoislad on June 30, 2019, 09:44:40 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 30, 2019, 06:25:46 PM
Only 3 counties can still do the double! Laois Cork and Dublin....
Hard to see Cork manage it

Giovanni

Don't think Eddie Brennan has really got enough credit for the wonderful job he's done with this team. That was one of the best performances I've seen from a Laois team for years. You could see the preparation that had been done. Rowland's puck outs, especially in the first half, were pretty much perfect. All of the backs did well. Paddy Purcell was just outstanding and he was ably assisted by John Lennon who also had a very good game. The pace and work rate of the forwards was great to see and the bench really turned the screw, Eanna Lyons in particular playing an important role. Even Paddy's speech was well prepared! Very proud of them today. Just a shame that there's not a bit more tome to prepare for the next game. Is there any chance of a double header next weekend?

Well done to players and management. Fantastic achievement!

Countyminor

Delighted for all Laois hurling people. Have to say, Paddy Purcell's speech really tug at the heartstrings. The way he called up Pat Delaney to lift the trophy was a real class touch. A great bunch of lads

blueandwhite1

Enjoyed that yesterday and delighted for the players. Huge Laois crowd and a great performance. It was definitely a day for the forwards in the first half but the backs became dominant in the second half. Aaron Dunphy's goal, Mark Kavanagh's point scoring, Paddy Purcell's control of the middle were a joy to behold. It really did surprise me how much more superior we were on the day and I actually think we played well within ourselves. Naturally, we weren't perfect but that is for another day. As a team we have come a long way in 12 months. This is quite a young group so they aren't at their peak yet. It is so obvious how hard this team has worked and how bonded they are. Eddie and his team have done a great job. In particular, our fitness, first touch and self belief has come one in leaps and bounds. We have not been beaten in this competition this year and I hope we give Dublin a right rattle next weekend.

Paddy Purcell is the Usain Bolt of hurling according to Brendan Cummins on the Sunday Game!! I'd say he is not half getting abuse for that today.

MasterJ

Pat Delaney lifting cup. Wow what a day!!!

LOVEGAA

What a great day for Laois. What stood out for me was the growth in confidence of this team.

The amount of goals scored this year was great to see.
Eddie Brennan has brought a sense of belief to this team and long may it continue

Ogie

A Magic day for all of us, young & old.
Congrats & well done to panel & management !
A day to remember !

redsetanta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=74&v=BeNs2WLFDJYv

Pat Delaney talking about lifting the cup. A great moment yesterday.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

MasterJ

Hard to see them beat the Dubs.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: MasterJ on July 01, 2019, 10:07:38 AM
Hard to see them beat the Dubs.

If all our players perform to their ability and we close them down with the intensity we have shown in some of our matches this year, I honestly think we won't be far off in our own back yard.

Unlaoised

Delight to be there yesterday great win and some classy performances

Good support helped by the cats fans getting behind us too

Ross Kings goal set the tone
LAOIS ABÚ