Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Marillius

Look Shady do yourself a favour and read through the past twenty pages, it will help you to stop making a dick out of urself.

SlimShady

aye shady- take Max advice. though a certain ex-USA/Aussie visiting Cargin man will be happy at your words of him!!!  :D

shady character

Go back to the derry site max u p***k.

imtommygunn

Shady let's see if you can add something constructive.

What are your problems with Jody Gormley? He's not been in long so I don't know what you base these problems/fears on. Enlighten us.

You are from Creggan right? What are you or Creggan's expectations under Mickey Moran? Are youse back training yet?

ONeill

Quote from: laceer on January 05, 2007, 11:43:08 AM
Quote from: ONeill on January 04, 2007, 08:21:04 PM
Mickey Rea is an ex-Derrytresk (East Tyrone) player and an important member of the Academy Hogan Cup winning side in 1997.

He'll get you scores - you'll be mightily surprised.....! He has never 'whored' himself around clubs. Derrytresk are a struggling Div 3 outift. He was courted by senior clubs and accepted a couple of offers.

sorry oneill..'whored' may be a little strong but he played for derrytresk,brackaville,derrytresk and now his new club!?!know for a fact as well that he contacted a number of senior clubs(eglish being one)offering his services when he fell out with brackaville.don't think he could get a transfer to anywhere except derrytresk(his home club).he went back there for a while until he fell out with them and now he's playin for his girlfriend's home club!every man to their own but i don't think i could see myself ever playing for another local club over the sake of
a fall-out.

saying that he is handy and good luck to him..he was a hero in the academy along with mssrs thornton,early,mcguigan etc during that hogan campaign

Derrytresk would have him back in a flash, Laceer. There was no fall-out.
Best of luck to him on Sunday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SlimShady

Too right ONeill, I hope he has a stormer. Can't say I've seen the guy playing before but have heard some good reports about him-best of luck to him.

As for judging Gormley- f**k sake, its a bit early for that surely. At least give the man the McKenna Cup before we call for his head!! And to be honest he hasnt had everything his own way either what with injuries and players making themselves unavailable for the panel. He has to play with what he has.

shady character

Absolutey no probelm with Jody Gormely. Seems like good enuf guy, that can bring some much needed discipline to the setup. Where did I slte him intomygun?

Someting constructive? With their best team out Antrim can be a competitive force.

points I made were about:
1. The tried and tested players
2. Lack of scoring threat for sunday
3. Poor choice of captaincy.

Not about Jody Gormely.

maxpower

been a while since there has been any urling chat on this thread, anyone know the list of entrants for the ulster hurling league this year.

Dunloy have entered it this year, personally i think its a good move now as the lack of matches was a huge hinderence last year. what you thik theskull
What happens next????

SlimShady

perhaps our learned kickhams buddy is a bit perplexed at the lack of Creggan men starting, or worse, maybe he hasnt been selected for the panel himself!  :D

1. Tried and tested players- like who? and who should be there instead?
2. Lack of scoring threat for Sunday- I wouldnt worry too much about Sunday but Mick McCann and Close are consistent scorers.(i dont know much about Rea or what form the other Close is in these days)
3. Poor choice of captaincy- this is a personal thing you have with closie, jealousy or something-i dont know.

culchy1

shady character, how long did it take you to make that up!
saying theres already a slimshady on here!

you say you have absolutely no problem with jody,
then you you question his choice of captain!!
do you suffer from short term memory loss, as in a sentence or two.

whats wrong with close as captain he is a sure starter all year,
which your captain has to be.

give jody and the squad a chance.

aontroim

Looks like a stronger league than last year with all major Antrim clubs from Div 1 & 2 entered for 2007 - looks like CLooney are the only team from Div 1 & 2 not to enter.

Antrim (22)                    Armagh (6)
Loughgiel                       Middletown
St Johns                        Keady
Ballycastle                      Cuchulainn
Rossa                            Sean Tracey's
Glenariff                         Killeavy
Lamh Dhearg                  Craobh Rua
St Paul's
Cushendun                     Donegal (6)
Gortnamona                   Burt
Carey Faughs                  Setanta
St Endas                        Mac Cumhaills
Rasharkin                       Aodh Ruadh
Armoy                           St Eunans
Ballymena                      Four Masters
Dunloy
St Galls                          Tyrone (5)
Sarsfields                        Eire Og
Tir Na Nog                      Eoghan Ruadh
Shane O Neills                Shamrocks Strabane
St Brigids C Mills               Naomh Colum Cille
Ardoyne                         Gael Chamabhainn
Creggan

Down ( 8 )                      Fermanagh (2)
Ballycran                        Lisnaskea
Portaferry                      Lisbellaw
Ballygalget
Newry Shamrocks           Monaghan (6)
Bredagh                        Castleblaney
St Peters W, point          Truagh Gaels
Castlewellan                   Monaghan Harps
Clonduff                        Inniskeen
                                  Carrickmacross
                                  Latton

Derry ( 8 )              
Kevin Lynch's
Banagher                       Cavan (4)
Ballinascreen                   Mullahoran
Lavey                            Ballymachugh
Slaughtniel                     Cavan Gaels
Swatragh                       Woodford Gaels
Eoghan Rua
Na Magha

imtommygunn

What's the story with promotion and relegation from last year?

e.g. Would Bredagh or the winners of division 2 go up to division 1?

Good to see St Galls and Dunloy in it. It will keep Milltown row happy! Having watched Dunloy's abysmal performance against Cushendall in the championship last year I know they are much better than that and if they can get youngsters shields, doherty etc. blended into their team with a few of these games they can make Antrim club hurling much better. The atmosphere at Dunloy - Loughgiel matches is special so a few tight games between those two in the latter of the championship would be a joy to behold!

Shady character - what are Creggan's expectations under MM? Enlighten us? Championship last four ? League top four? Or  are you aiming for the stars and looking for a championship??

milltown row

Back to work this Monday, can't wait was getting cabin fever.

Anyway yes we have entered the Ulster league, was an executive decision last year with the footballers at Croke. But looking forward to this year's competition.

Anybody any ideas of the structures? Would be unfair of us and Dunloy to waltz in and to the top division, well us anyway. What dates will they be? Looking forward to the year. Any venues/dates for the all Ireland club semis (hurling)?

Onto football, I'm sure most of our posters will be at the match this week to cheer on the new look Antrim team!!! I'm personally looking for an improved team from last year as the county committee believe that Jody is the ticket. I'm pleased (honestly) that he has taken a firm stance with certain players and although it will take time with the new boys I'm sure over the course of the 3 years Antrim will get better (well they couldn't get any worse) ;D

shady character

Oh dear oh dear...now we have culchy and Slim ganging up on me :-(

Cluchie....think you should concentrate on the football. A least you can play a bit.
Contesting Jodies choice of captain is hardly a major deal. He's knew into the job, and I think you will find that the point I am making is the opinion of both cargin and antrim players, but obviously not Slims opnion, as there may b sumting more going on btween him that meets the eye!! Will you b massaging his calves for sunday?!

As for Jody., I have no doubt when he has a fulller hand available to him he will do just fine.

A grand wee footballer, better that I ever was, but hasnt cut it yet at county level. Now tell me where the jealousy is there?

As for Creggan. I'm not on here spouting about winning cships etc. or about having  plyers making the county team, so need need to get stuck in to the Kickmans. Mickey will hopefully consolidate the hard work pit in by Hugh, and maybe bring us on another level. Are we Senior Cship material? Currently, absolutely not.

SlimShady

There ya go culchy, and you thought Rasharkin Reserves wasn't a high standard  :D shady character says you can play a bit!!!

you aint on here spoutin about winning championships, you're merely spouting shite!!

name names, who are the players better for the job? you come on with these 3 flaws in Gormleys management style already but have no solutions of yer own. Congratulations by the way, you've been here only 2 days and everyone knows you're a wally already  :D ;D