Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

As was Shaw! They seem decent but will they be enough? I doubt it.. need a defensive midfielder who can play and a center back or two
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Helix

Wonder will mourinho give fosu mensah or Pereira in the pre-season.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Over the Bar

Quote from: NAG1 on June 05, 2018, 08:58:00 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on June 04, 2018, 08:36:17 PM
Umtiti the latest player to use United to get a huge contract from his current club.

That has been going on for a good few years now MS, not much the club can do about that.
So why shouldn't United milk it then? United forcing rival clubs to pay  players bumper deals above their true market value sounds like a win-win?

screenexile

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 06, 2018, 11:18:22 PM
Umtiti the latest player to use United to get a huge contract from his current club.

That has been going on for a good few years now MS, not much the club can do about that.
So why shouldn't United milk it then? United forcing rival clubs to pay  players bumper deals above their true market value sounds like a win-win?

It's not a win win it means you have to pay £75m and £90m for players like Lukaku and Pogba when they really aren't worth that kind of money!

nrico2006

Quote from: Helix on June 06, 2018, 10:24:35 PM
Wonder will mourinho give fosu mensah or Pereira in the pre-season.

Was just talking about those two yesterday.  Should be contenders this season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Over the Bar

Quote from: screenexile on June 07, 2018, 12:03:20 AM

It's not a win win it means you have to pay £75m and £90m for players like Lukaku and Pogba when they really aren't worth that kind of money!

United have always had to pay more but they have it. Win-win is where other clubs pay bumper deals above market values to retain players cos United  court them. 

GJL

Fred wrecked at Brazil training yesterday. Ankle injury.  :o

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 08, 2018, 01:03:08 AM

United have always had to pay more but they have it. Win-win is where other clubs pay bumper deals above market values to retain players cos United  court them.

I've seen it all now!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gallsman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 08, 2018, 09:44:55 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on June 08, 2018, 01:03:08 AM

I've seen it all now!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, pretty spectacular alright.

gawa316

The Mondeo wants out...thoughts?

nrico2006

Quote from: gawa316 on June 14, 2018, 01:58:19 AM

Been treated unfairly, was arguably our best attacker when he got the chance until January.  Doesn't seem to have the drive/will to win that is required though and although untreated unfairly, would have liked to have seen more fight from him to get back into the starting 11.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2018, 08:24:56 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 14, 2018, 01:58:19 AM

Been treated unfairly, was arguably our best attacker when he got the chance until January.  Doesn't seem to have the drive/will to win that is required though and although untreated unfairly, would have liked to have seen more fight from him to get back into the starting 11.

Completely disagree that he lacks the drive/will to win. He was publicly criticised by his manager and responded admirably only to be sidelined for no reason.

Pretty much everything I predicted (and was told I was mad) when Mourinho was appointed is coming to pass. Rashford very unhappy too and contemplating leaving (club preparing a big deal to try and keep him as they're also doing with Martial). DeGea - doesn't look good on that front either. It's depressing but predictable......people don't want to play for this dinosaur. Just a shame some united fans cannot see it.

My earnest hope was that he'd be sacked before he did irreparable damage like losing Martial and Rashford. A big summer ahead. I just hope United can hold on to them over the summer so they're still there when Jose gets sacked in October/November.

NAG1

I would be really disappointed to see Martial leave, the talent is clearly there.

Chances of JM being given the sack are slim this season at least. The Americans wont be giving him the sort of money that is available at the moment to fire him out by halloween.

If he could be able to get the right balance he could give more time to Rashford and to Martial but he seems reluctant to do so. Typically what is likely to happen is that the club let one of the two go most likely Martial and then the next manager who comes in tries to buy that exact type of player.

snoopdog

Jose prefers lukaku upfront. Neither martial or rashford will be given adequate chances in their prefered position. Both those guys id give a better chance of scoring in a really big game. Maybe after him declaring himself not fit for cup final might chance joses mind. Granted he did score 28 goals last season.

NAG1

Quote from: snoopdog on June 14, 2018, 09:52:55 AM
Jose prefers lukaku upfront. Neither martial or rashford will be given adequate chances in their prefered position. Both those guys id give a better chance of scoring in a really big game. Maybe after him declaring himself not fit for cup final might chance joses mind. Granted he did score 28 goals last season.

No I cant see it, it has been his template for years going back to Drogba.

I was thinking if he could find a system that would allow Rashford and Martial to come in off the wings, but then he would some serious full backs for the job. Maybe Dalot is the man for that I dont know enough about him.