Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 27, 2016, 10:10:13 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 27, 2016, 09:35:44 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 27, 2016, 03:03:01 PM
Few boys here need to drink more.
Some of us can't.
Pregnant?
Ha! Nope, not for me. I have epilepsy. Sometimes I do miss drinking. However, I am getting on rightly without it. And it does annoy me having to tell everyone my condition, when anyone asks me why.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Asal Mor

It is unhealthy that people feel(maybe rightly) that they'll be gossiped about or laughed at if they go to their local without drinking.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 27, 2016, 10:13:09 PM
Some of us can't.
Pregnant?
Ha! Nope, not for me. I have epilepsy. Sometimes I do miss drinking. However, I am getting on rightly without it. And it does annoy me having to tell everyone my condition, when anyone asks me why.
I guess that would mean zero alcohol then Farr. I often miss it when I'm off it(which is most of the time), then I go back for a few and find I was missing nothing really.
Had a few at the weekend and definitely felt dumber at work yesterday. If it had been busy I'd have been in trouble.

Nigel White

The bottom line is that for the vast majority of us, giving up drink is no big deal. The problem is that when you give it up, and your drinking partners don't, you start to become conscious of how loud they become and how daft they get, as the night goes on and that's what the barrier to giving up alcohol really is

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 27, 2016, 10:20:48 PM
Some of us can't.
Pregnant?
I guess that would mean zero alcohol then Farr. I often miss it when I'm off it(which is most of the time), then I go back for a few and find I was missing nothing really.
Had a few at the weekend and definitely felt dumber at work yesterday. If it had been busy I'd have been in trouble.
Zero alcohol is right. I know I'm not missing out on anything but seldom enough when I do go out, being surrounded by drunks kinda makes me wish I could join in the 'fun'. If you all know what I mean.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 27, 2016, 10:27:48 PM
Some of us can't.
Pregnant?
Zero alcohol is right. I know I'm not missing out on anything but seldom enough when I do go out, being surrounded by drunks kinda makes me wish I could join in the 'fun'. If you all know what I mean.
If I'm driving I enjoy the night more if I take non-alcoholic beer. If you get a decent one like Erdinger blue you still feel like you're having a few and not missing out.

Hotrocks

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 27, 2016, 10:41:36 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 27, 2016, 10:27:48 PM
Some of us can't.
Pregnant?
If I'm driving I enjoy the night more if I take non-alcoholic beer. If you get a decent one like Erdinger blue you still feel like you're having a few and not missing out.

Is that gear any good for horsing the big heavy one out the back?

Milltown Row2

Why not give money to the charity and drink responsibly ? I'll do neither
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Champion The Wonder Horse

I tried slober in October, but I think I didn't achieve it. Never mind, their is allways next year.

armaghniac

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on October 01, 2016, 12:26:03 AM
I tried slober in October, but I think I didn't achieve it. Never mind, their is allways next year.

If you go to the US it isn't October yet.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Nigel White

This is easy, no bother at all.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Nigel White on October 01, 2016, 07:52:53 PM
This is easy, no bother at all.

Not for me, it isn't. Pished again.

Nigel White

I think it's starting to kick in now Ted

stew

Quote from: gallsman on September 27, 2016, 02:35:53 PM
Quote from: stew on September 27, 2016, 02:33:20 PM
I love stout

Claimed to me you didn't drink at all.

I never took a drink for nearly five years and am thinking about going off it again for good, three thirty for a pint is a good reason to do so in my opinion!

I am trying to get for, I was speaking to bennydorano last week and he is 100 percent right in what he said, ' the drink and the bike don't mix stew'

For me it is simple, I want to be healthier, I want to go on foreign holidays with my mates, I can easily afford that if I quit drinking beer.

You are a sanctimonious git talisman, you really, really are.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Nigel White

Wife has suggested going to cinema as I'm off the drink. Strongly thinking of going back on it. The thoughts of watching a film whilst listening to dozens of others eating popcorn and rustling plastic crisp and sweet bags would drive me to drink