Is Mike Nesbitt for Real?

Started by Applesisapples, October 01, 2012, 05:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Mike Nesbitt wants to build a UUP that will attract Catholic unionists. Is he for real? He then comes out in support of the OO and it's sectarian parades. With no sense of the irony he he commends the Covenant which by everyones admission brought the gun into Irish politics.

All of a Sludden

Catholic Unionists, Nesbitt may be on to something.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Maguire01

And as for sacking McCallister, probably one of the few Ulster Unionists likely to attract Catholic votes, if any are floating...

AQMP

Quote from: All of a Sludden on October 01, 2012, 05:35:00 PM

Catholic Unionists, Nesbitt may be on to something.

Not news...The Alliance Party is full of them!

When I first saw the thread title I though Mourinho had lost it completely!

lawnseed

i think its slowly dawning on mike that hes joined the wrong party he'd much rather be in the dup sitting in some rock solid seat where all he'd have to do is work coming up to each election for a couple of days. he cant go back on the telly  he'd be laughed off it. he go all religious now and worm his way out of a big mistake
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ziggysego

He sacks McNarry for being pro single unionist candidacy and sacks McCallister for being against it. WTF?
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Mike goes with the flow trying to be all things to all men and pleasing no-one. A joke.

michaelg

Mike Nesbitt has a real air of arrogance about him and is hard to like.  Would have thought Basil mcCrea would have been a better bet.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: michaelg on October 01, 2012, 10:40:58 PM
Mike Nesbitt has a real air of arrogance about him and is hard to like.  Would have thought Basil mcCrea would have been a better bet.
What do UUP supporters want as they seem to make a quare hash of selecting leaders. Are they the moderate, "small "u"" Unionist party or the new hardline party trying to outdo the DUP? They can't be both!

Basil and MacCallister seem too sensible to lead them.

ONeill

Linda Bryans could do so much better.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on October 01, 2012, 11:26:49 PM
Linda Bryans could do so much better.

Forget it ONeill. I've already requested her friendship on Facebook. Which these days practically guarantees full sex.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

McCrea had the courage to support Gay Marriage. The UUP is imploding and Nesbitt seems to be adding the explosives.

Maguire01

Hard to understand why McCrea and McCallister haven't jumped to Alliance, or gone independent - they'd both have a substantial personal vote and would probably hold their seats.

armaghniac

QuoteHard to understand why McCrea and McCallister haven't jumped to Alliance, or gone independent - they'd both have a substantial personal vote and would probably hold their seats.

With the likes of Sylvia Hermon and Trevor Ringland they'd almost have the makings of another party.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B