Inclusion and a shared Future My Ar*e

Started by Applesisapples, August 29, 2012, 09:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Unionist leaders incite bands to break the law, then tie themselves in knots avoiding any criticism. No parity for nationalist flags and symbols. Sainsbury's festooned in union jacks, Derry UK city of culture, The OO getting the freedom of Lisburn. There is no inclusion or shared future or parity of esteem. Unionists are incapable of this concept. And where are nationalist politicians? With the exception of the inarticulate Culture Minister? Unionists and the British have hoodwinked Nationalists in to acceptance of the British "Nation" that is NI...

Hereiam

Totally agreed with all that. Our side have got their big pay packets and are happy to let things roll along.

OakleafCounty

I don't see what is wrong with Derry being the city of culture. Especially considering the main event of the year will be the All-Ireland Fleadh.

As far as I'm concerned we have the same rights and opportunities as the other side which we did not have before. Things like the Orange Order and triumphalism will always be there with or without a united Ireland. I don't really understand the point your making? Do you think republican armed struggle is the way to go?

front of the mountain

You would think mainly that bigots prevails in the larger towns and cities! Sad to to see Donegal fans returning home from Croker through Kesh in Fermanagh and getting their cars pelted with eggs. The bitterness seemed to be entrenched throughout the wider unionist community and takes very little bring it to the surface, no matter how their politicans try and paint the inclusivness picture!

orangeman

Quote from: front of the mountain on August 29, 2012, 12:46:14 PM
You would think mainly that bigots prevails in the larger towns and cities! Sad to to see Donegal fans returning home from Croker through Kesh in Fermanagh and getting their cars pelted with eggs. The bitterness seemed to be entrenched throughout the wider unionist community and takes very little bring it to the surface, no matter how their politicans try and paint the inclusivness picture!

It seems to have been Tyrone fans that were throwing the eggs.

Money buys most things.

Orior

Quote from: orangeman on August 29, 2012, 12:48:01 PM

It seems to have been Tyrone fans that were throwing the eggs.

Money buys most things.

Were the eggs out of date?

There is still a loyalist mindset that believed the GFA would firm up their right to coat trailing activity. And Lisburn is a black hole.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Billys Boots

They must have been battered!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

oisinog

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 29, 2012, 09:18:39 AM
Unionist leaders incite bands to break the law, then tie themselves in knots avoiding any criticism. No parity for nationalist flags and symbols. Sainsbury's festooned in union jacks, Derry UK city of culture, The OO getting the freedom of Lisburn. There is no inclusion or shared future or parity of esteem. Unionists are incapable of this concept. And where are nationalist politicians? With the exception of the inarticulate Culture Minister? Unionists and the British have hoodwinked Nationalists in to acceptance of the British "Nation" that is NI...

Sainsburys is one of the main sponsors of Team GB&NI during the olympics and also a main sponser of the paralmpics so you can understand the union flag as this is a commercial exercise for the company.

Derry is in GB you need to face that as is west belfast, Lurgan and all other town and Cities in Northern Ireland.

I disagree with The OO getting freedom of Lisburn but this is not a sure this as the equality people are looking at this so this is unlikly to go through espically now as lisburn is nearly 50/50

Feckitt

theticklemister

Ah to be far Apple me oul mucker with Derry City being the UK City of Culture ye can't blame the unionists here............... It was the stoops and the $hinners that warmly accepted it. And Oakleaf County the thing ye say about the fleadh coming to Derry is a great reward/result so we should support this title we are given from London??? Catch yourself on, your appeasement sickens me. Anything accepted on the behest of this title is wrong and I include the McRoary/ McLarnon finals, the Fleadh and the All-Ireland feile which all will be happening in the city in this year.

The GAA has jumped on the bandwagon also. Derry City has 100,000 people yet gaelic games has poor here for 90 years; is the UK city of culture award going to change the face of gaelic games with the hosting of the colleges final and a 3 day blitz? No hard work and a source of inclusion from the county board.This title is a mere sham on which the GAA in this county can say we will improve our cultural games for a few months and then forget all about the city.

Hardy

Quote from: oisinog on August 29, 2012, 02:03:39 PM

Derry is in GB you need to face that as is west belfast, Lurgan and all other town and Cities in Northern Ireland.

Wow! Tectonic shift is speeding up.

All of a Sludden

Keep Ulster British, Vótáil $inn £éin.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: oisinog on August 29, 2012, 02:03:39 PM

Sainsburys is one of the main sponsors of Team GB&NI during the olympics and also a main sponser of the paralmpics so you can understand the union flag as this is a commercial exercise for the company.

I disagree with The OO getting freedom of Lisburn but this is not a sure this as the equality people are looking at this so this is unlikly to go through espically now as lisburn is nearly 50/50

Oisin Og you need to understand the difference between GB (geographical) and the UK (political).

Forever Green

Absolutely spot on

Orior

Please dont tell me that they bought the eggs in Sainsburys.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians