Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Miss Sloane was decent but not spectacular. 7.5/10. Jessica Chastain always worth looking at.

Hardy

I watched The Homesman last night. I'm three years behind the times, as usual, so it's too late to warn most people, but just in case - don't. Having watched Munster-Scarlets earlier, that's about four hours of grass growing that I missed yesterday.

mrdeeds

Watched the second Trainspotting. Rubbish. Thought it was ruined by ott direction.

Capt Pat

Cardboard Gangsters is a gritty Dublin(Darndale)based gangster movie.  Well worth watching if it is on at a cinema near you. 

8 out of 10.

leenie

Was pleasantly suprised at wonder woman

Seen the the secret scripture - had the potential of being a very good film, the Irish accents were v good and was well acted but the direction left the film predicable
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

johnneycool

PAULD123

Quote from: johnneycool on June 21, 2017, 03:14:47 PM
Quote from: leenie on June 21, 2017, 12:52:14 PM

In what way?

The action scenes are superb, but that is a gimmie. The thing that males a good action movie is the dialouge and plot twists. Both of these were much better than in previous DC movies.

leenie

Quote from: johnneycool on June 21, 2017, 03:14:47 PM
Quote from: leenie on June 21, 2017, 12:52:14 PM

In what way?

I'd be a bigger fan of marvel but found myself quite enjoying this film and thought it was v good... the action scenes were very good and I liked the fact that there was a good ongoing story rather than getting carried away with too many plots .. thought there was a good enough twist in the story too .. thought ur doll was very good as wonder woman - was dubious of how they'd pull off have such a strong female lead but was impressed with it ... compared to batman v superman and suicide squad I think DC Pulled this off , not as serious or dark snd this was humorous too
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: trileacman on July 28, 2017, 12:17:57 AM
Dunkirk.

Shite.
I wouldn't say shite, but I was disappointed in it as well.
It will probably will a pile of Oscars right enough
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Walter Cronc

I thought it fairly average now.

Was it me or was the sound awful? All noise and couldn't hear the dialogue.

Maybe it was the cinema I was in.

screenexile

Watched a few films recently.

Really enjoyed Logan it won't win any Oscars but not bad for a franchise movie considering more than half of them are rank and that's pretty much all there is right now.

Split . . . was interesting but felt it was lacking something probably 6.5/10

The Founder . . . good movie really interesting story considering it's true and well acted by Keaton

Manchester By the Sea . . . best I've seen in a long time 9/10

By the sounds of things Dunkirk is a fairly scenic and artsy film which is why it's getting all the plaudits. Will probably watch it out of nosiness.

Hollywood is getting some kicking from the amount of quality TV that's available now they really need to get their act together because there franchise movies get old really quickly!

ballinaman

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 21, 2017, 02:07:45 AM
Cardboard Gangsters is a gritty Dublin(Darndale)based gangster movie.  Well worth watching if it is on at a cinema near you. 

8 out of 10.

Absolutely useless, fair city meets scangers. Laughable plot .

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 28, 2017, 09:37:17 AM

The only thing Maghera is good for is underage championships. . .  ;D ;D ;D

trileacman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 28, 2017, 09:37:17 AM

Same. I seen it in Omagh.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014