Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

He'll have no defenders for the league if Smalling (who has been having a great season) is out for any length of time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Expected them to go out tonight. Just thought it would be another 0-0. At least they attacked a bit. Martial is going to be a great player. Smalling will be a huge loss if the injury is any way serious.

AZOffaly

Quote from: mrhardyannual on December 08, 2015, 10:16:34 PM
4th mightn't be enough. Premier League in danger of losing a place if either arsenal or Chelsea get knocked out tomorrow.

I thought I read that that wasn't true. Apparently the pl has a fairly comfortable lead in coefficients.

BennyCake

Been a fan 30 years. Expected United to go out, and don't give a shite that they did. Moyes was bad, but LVG hasn't a clue. He's assembled a boring, unrecognisable, robotic team. I'll start giving a shite again when LVG leaves and takes those dungbags he bought, with him.

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 08, 2015, 10:39:05 PM
4th mightn't be enough. Premier League in danger of losing a place if either arsenal or Chelsea get knocked out tomorrow.

I thought I read that that wasn't true. Apparently the pl has a fairly comfortable lead in coefficients.

Think English clubs lose Utds points for reaching final in 2011 at end of this season (Christ, United in a final how unlikely does that sound). Need a good showing by one or more of the remaining teams to remain comfortable ahead of Italians. Could also do with a couple of teams taking Europa League seriously..

Gaafan2

4th will be enough this season. However if the Italians do move ahead of the English in the co-efficient rankings on completion of this seasons European competitions, it will come into effect the following year, season 2017/2018.

laoislad

I guess you could say United failed the emissions test in the Volkswagen Arena last night.... ;D

I'm here all week lads.!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: BennyCake on December 08, 2015, 10:44:15 PM
Been a fan 30 years. Expected United to go out, and don't give a shite that they did. Moyes was bad, but LVG hasn't a clue. He's assembled a boring, unrecognisable, robotic team. I'll start giving a shite again when LVG leaves and takes those dungbags he bought, with him.

You're missing the point of supporting any sports team...

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on December 09, 2015, 12:00:00 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 08, 2015, 10:44:15 PM

You're missing the point of supporting any sports team...

That's what LVG is capable of. Football is not life or death, but I've lost all interest since he took over.

Maroon Manc

Last night was no surprise, damage was done in the games against PSV. LVG deserves to be criticised but BT were way over the top mainly that little runt Owen who is clueless, claiming we've got rid of better players. Evra & Hernandez are the only 2 players who've left the club and are playing really well, Hernandez had to go but we should have tried harder to keep Evra although his wife was the reason he wanted to move on and he made that very clear. Kagawa perhaps too but he played under 3 different managers and he was never first choice under any of them.

He got the selection wrong last night, Carrick should have started which along with Basti would have given the back 4 more protection, far too often it was too easy to get at our back 4. Varela after struggling the 1st half he had a brilliant 2nd half. Darmian has been poor at left back, making too many mistakes and should not be player there again. I've been moaning about Blind for a while, he gets drawn to the ball too easily in and around our box and chances and goals are coming off the back of it. Mata was poor given the amount of space out there, it was perfect for him and all he produced was one good ball. Fellaini is not good enough to start in that position. I don't get not starting Young at fullback either.

As usual the size of the job is under estimated, 20 players have and gone in just over 12 months and people need to be patient. The problem is he had very little to start with in terms of players in the their prime, probably only DeGea although he's turned Smalling into a brilliant defender. Fergie might have won the league but he still had Rio, Evra, Vidic, Scholes, RVP & Rooney contributing. All those players were finished or gone by the time LVG took over and think about the money that was spent on them when they were bought. Rio was 30 million over 13 years ago, its like spending £60 million on a player now. The signings he's made are not as bad as made out. I still think DI Maria was a vanity signing from Woodward and there was an element of panic about signing Rojo as we approached deadline day and he couldn't buy whom he wanted. Shaw, Herrera, Schniderlin, Depay & Martial will all turn out to be very good buys. Blind is a good utility player as will Rojo if he could stay fit.

If the Glazers had allowed Fergie to invest in the squad and buy top players from 2009 to 2012 we wouldn't be in this position, apart from RVP no top player was bought in that period.

LVG has made mistakes mainly by leaving the squad to thin but we're still in the title race and any talk of getting rid of him is ridiculous. Pressure will mount over the next few weeks if results are bad but alternatively a few wins and the pressure is off. I'd only want a change if I don't see any progress from last season.

AZOffaly

If United get rid of a manager that, despite the style of play, has them sitting 3 points off the lead of the premier league, it would be like something Real Madrid would do. That is not a compliment.

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 09, 2015, 01:49:27 PM
If United get rid of a manager that, despite the style of play, has them sitting 3 points off the lead of the premier league, it would be like something Real Madrid would do. That is not a compliment.

Van Gaal will/would be let go when he becomes bad for business its as simple as that...

AZOffaly

Boycey

If he scabbed 4th place playing the shit on a stick football they're currently playing or finished 5th playing the edge of the seat stuff that happened last night which would give him the best chance of staying on?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 09, 2015, 01:49:27 PM

As usual one of the few sensible non United fans.

He'd only be sacked if he didn't finish top 4 although if that happened I reckon he'd quit. If the football didn't improve and our points total was similar to last seasons I'd probably want rid of him.