The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Bit of a rough tackle by the ref there.

Boycey

I have to say I've yet to be won over by VAR. .

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on June 16, 2018, 02:46:17 PM
I have to say I've yet to be won over by VAR. .

Don't get this skepticism that's in vogue about the VAR. It works in every other field sport, and it will only take one instance where the wrong call on the field being overturned to fully justify its use.

Milltown Row2

Three Utd men doing punditry on ITV! Bit biased
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

VAR has been fine they just need a tmo instead of the ref running to a TV in the tunnel to speed it up. The Europeans doing well as always so far, even Iceland causing probs for the Argies. Can't wait for FIFA to expand the world cup to 64 teams and reward UEFA with about 10 spots. Silly me thinking UEFA had all the power what we need is obviously more teams of Saudi Arabias quality.

armaghniac

Iceland are the Fermanagh of FIFA.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JPGJOHNNYG

Poster boy misses penalty ha ha. Come on iceland

Milltown Row2

At the minute CR7 has upstaged Messi
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shark

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2018, 03:25:55 PM
At the minute CR7 has upstaged Messi

Which matters a lot to him no doubt.

ziggy90

Messi doesn't look fit. As a matter of fact he looks ill.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Milltown Row2

J70

I don't know... in the last ten minutes now and he's trying to do everything on his own. It's all Messi going across the edge of the box trying to work the shot. In fairness, he's coming close, but Iceland just have to pack up the middle of the box.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Well done Iceland hard work brings success. Messi will need to step up if Argentina are to make an impact in this World cup.

shark

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 16, 2018, 03:08:35 PM
VAR has been fine they just need a tmo instead of the ref running to a TV in the tunnel to speed it up. The Europeans doing well as always so far, even Iceland causing probs for the Argies. Can't wait for FIFA to expand the world cup to 64 teams and reward UEFA with about 10 spots. Silly me thinking UEFA had all the power what we need is obviously more teams of Saudi Arabias quality.

2026 World Cup increases number of teams by 50%. European teams only go from 13 to 16. It will be very hard for the likes of Saudi to fail to qualify. There should be a coefficient system based on actual results, like in the Champions League.