What kind of personality do you have?

Started by Boycey, September 08, 2014, 01:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

I found this on Saturday while looking for something on the internet.

http://www.16personalities.com/

I took the test and thought the result was a pretty fair reflection of me. I came back as ISTP which apparently only 5% of people are.
An introverted thinker and an emotional cripple . Sums me up pretty well :-)

Have a go, only took a couple of minutes.

AZOffaly

PERSONALITY: ENFP
VARIANT: ASSERTIVE
ROLE: DIPLOMAT
You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

Bingo

Personality: INTP

Variant: Turbulent

Role: Analyst

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your impressive knowledge, ability to juggle multiple concepts and insatiable curiosity

Mayo4Sam

Personality: ENTJ

Variant: Assertive

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your strategic thinking skills, self-confidence and leadership abilities
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

whiskeysteve

Personality:
INFP
Variant:
Turbulent
Role:
Diplomat

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your poetic nature, intuitive skills and pure, childlike enthusiasm.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 08, 2014, 01:22:38 PM
You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

Same AZ except I'm TURBULENT as opposed to ASSERTIVE. Funny that!

theskull1

PERSONALITY: ENTP
ROLE: ANALYST
You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your debating skills, self-confidence and impressive knowledge.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

easytiger95

I'm ENFJ turbulent diplomat.

Amazingly all these different personality types sound remarkably complimentary to the people who have them. Aren't we all great? :o

Milltown Row2

Personality:
ESFJ
Variant:
Assertive
Role:
Sentinel

You are one of the Sentinels - a reliable and dedicated individual who respects traditions and prizes responsibility. You are known for your enthusiasm, social skills and caring nature.

I have just completed one of these (different version)for my new job, hopefully it won't come across too bad lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 08, 2014, 02:37:52 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 08, 2014, 01:22:38 PM

Same AZ except I'm TURBULENT as opposed to ASSERTIVE. Funny that!

I'm the same as you Seanie. (except it is ENFJ) No surprise there!
MWWSI 2017

Boycey

Did any of you think it was accurate??

Going beyond the headlines and looking at the overview of your type it said my weaknesses were

QuoteCan be very stubborn. ISTPs are not too sensitive when it comes to conflicts and criticism, but they can become very blunt and irritated if someone tries to criticize their habits, lifestyle, or ideas.
Private and reserved. Surprisingly, ISTPs can be very difficult to get to know as they keep most of their thoughts and ideas to themselves, especially when it comes to private or sensitive matters.
Get bored quickly. People with the ISTP personality type may find it difficult to remain focused on something for an extended amount of time, with their thoughts drifting off to more interesting things.
May be insensitive. ISTPs tend to be very practical and logical, and they may often inadvertently hurt other people's feelings by failing to recognize the importance of emotions.
Enjoy taking risks. ISTP personalities are big risk takers and may often do that simply for the sake of having fun. For instance, they may escalate a conflict with a colleague just to see how they react.
Dislike commitments. ISTPs like to review their obligations on a daily basis instead of committing to something for a very long time. This can cause significant problems in their romantic relationships.

I could see my other half nodding at all them especially the insensitive one  ;D

johnneycool

Personality: ENTP
Variant: Turbulent

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your debating skills, self-confidence and impressive knowledge. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

What are those sliding percentage scales meant to mean?
Mind, energy, nature, etc, etc.

muppet

It might be interesting if we got someone else (say the other half) to do the test on our behalves and see do the results remotely match.  ;D

This suggestion comes with a serious health warning.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Quote from: theskull1 on September 08, 2014, 02:49:18 PM
PERSONALITY: ENTP
ROLE: ANALYST
You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your debating skills, self-confidence and impressive knowledge.

Same as that... Have you read the overview??

It basically tells me I'm a WUM liking to argue with other people for the sake of it... even if I agree with what people are saying I still like to play Devil's Advocate.

Sure why else would I be on here!!!

I would say they aren't too far away with a lot of what the article says!!

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie