Worlds weirdest stadiums

Started by Boycey, February 25, 2011, 12:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Saw this posted elsewhere, some absolute crackers. Think someone said on here that Liverpool would be playing Braga next in Europa League, cool stadium.

http://www.thisblogrules.com/2009/12/12-worlds-weirdest-stadiums.html

ross4life

The press/tv box in McHale park is weird.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Maguire01

That press box is a scandal for a new development. Healy Park sets the standard.

donelli

surely the aviva stadium in d4 has to be included. the north end is a joke, but not a funny one cosidering the level of our money spent on it

The Real Laoislad

Hill 16 makes Croke Park look ugly and unfinished IMHO.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Craigyhill Terror

I like the fact Croke Park isn't exactly the same all the way around. It gives it a wee bit of character compared to some

ross4life

Well at least Croke park doesn't look like a piss pot

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

isourboydownyet

Quote from: ross4life on February 26, 2011, 01:01:35 PM
Well at least Croke park doesn't look like a piss pot

now that made me laugh :D

being serious for a minute,watching the ireland france rugby match and the camera angle gave the kickers veiw of the post at the glass end and by god it was very difficult to pick out the posts from the back ground

Celt_Man

Quote from: isourboydownyet on February 26, 2011, 02:42:43 PM
now that made me laugh :D

being serious for a minute,watching the ireland france rugby match and the camera angle gave the kickers veiw of the post at the glass end and by god it was very difficult to pick out the posts from the back ground

Aye actually thought that myself.  Pity that little frog Parra didn't have a bit more difficulty with seeing the posts though  >:(
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ross4life on February 25, 2011, 02:43:40 PM

Is that some sort of temporary structure?

spuds

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 26, 2011, 05:30:58 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 25, 2011, 02:43:40 PM

Is that some sort of temporary structure?

Was looking that way for a long time, now it is to be retained as in they got retention from the planning authorities. Like the rest of the recent developments of McHale park it is all slightly underwhelming.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard