Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: doodaa on September 07, 2016, 03:21:39 PM
Been dipped twice.
Both of those times 10+years ago.
Haven't seen a dipping operation in years where I drive. Mostly North Derry/ North Antrim/ Belfast direction.
I must have covered about 300k miles in that time, id have been up a clean fortune if I was running red.

Aye but just think of all that money you paid in tax has gone to good causes.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Owen Brannigan

The diesel dippers out in force today.  Spotted them on the Armagh-Newry road and Armagh-Portadown road.  They were pulling in commercial vehicles, larger SUVs and pickups.

It's been a while since I have seen them on the roads.

armaghniac

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on February 15, 2018, 07:56:17 PM
The diesel dippers out in force today.  Spotted them on the Armagh-Newry road and Armagh-Portadown road.  They were pulling in commercial vehicles, larger SUVs and pickups.

People should go off dodgy diesel for Lent.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on February 15, 2018, 07:56:17 PM

Fuppin' backstards!

Ambrose

Rishi Sunak is set to announce in next week's budget that red diesel - so-called because it is marked with a dye - will no longer attract a lower fuel duty. It currently accounts for about 15% of total diesel sales in the UK and costs the Treasury about £2.4bn a year in revenue.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

sensethetone

That's gonna funk things up.

RadioGAAGAA

That's gonna massively f**k things up.

QuoteExplaining the increased duty on red diesel, a government official said: "We are talking not only about a significant contribution to climate change but also to the quality of our air.

"At the moment people aren't incentivised to make the change to lower consumption or alternative fuels. We need to fix that."

Are these f**kers living in the real world?

A small (120 bhp) sized tractor might run through over £100 of red a day.
A bigger (200 bhp) sized tractor might run through double that!

Thats north of a thousand pound a week on fuel and some f**kwit in whitehall thinks "people aren't incentivised to make the change to lower consumption"?
i usse an speelchekor

Ambrose

Disaster for farmers, along with upcoming reductions to subsidy payments at the same time.

You can't live off history and tradition forever

WT4E

Can we blame DUP & Brexit for this?

Another incentive for farmers to vote for reunification?

sensethetone

Quote from: WT4E on March 04, 2020, 12:41:54 PM
Can we blame DUP & Brexit for this?

Another incentive for farmers to vote for reunification?

Only if running a tractor on red diesel turns out to be more expensive than using green.

Likely to be some scam/scheme were farmers buy electric/hydro powered tractors and get £1.60 back for each KW used.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote13:20
Chancellor to scrap diesel tax relief
The chancellor says he will scrap a scheme that allows companies in some sectors to pay duty of just over 11p per litre for diesel, compared to almost 58p per litre for everyone else.

"But the sectors using red diesel are some of the biggest contributors to our air quality problem - emitting nearly 10% of the most noxious gases polluting the air of cities like London," he tells MPs.

"This is a tax relief on nearly 14 million tonnes of carbon dioxide every year", which, he says, is the same as the entire population of London and Greater Manchester taking a return flight to New York.

"It's been a £2.4bn tax break for pollution that's also hindered the development of cleaner alternatives. So I will abolish the tax relief for most sectors."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-51765994/page/2

Done and dusted.

Setting up Boris to sell it all out to the yanks.

edit: I may have to row back on the above:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51832634

Quote*Fuel subsidies for off-road vehicles - known as red diesel - will be scrapped "for most sectors" in two years time

*Farmers and rail operators will be excluded
i usse an speelchekor

dec

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 11, 2020, 02:18:44 PM

*Fuel subsidies for off-road vehicles - known as red diesel - will be scrapped "for most sectors" in two years time

So red diesel will still exist and the need for diesel dippers will still exist.

armaghniac

Quote from: dec on March 11, 2020, 02:27:21 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 11, 2020, 02:18:44 PM

*Fuel subsidies for off-road vehicles - known as red diesel - will be scrapped "for most sectors" in two years time

So red diesel will still exist and the need for diesel dippers will still exist.

More than ever, because they will no have to dip diggers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B