FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

I see Sligo and Galway have two very experimental sides out tomorrow.  A few lads Sweeney, gilmartin etc who haven't been around the county scene foe a while,

Enniscrone in January - I'm sure the anticipation is on a knife edge
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

maigheo

great start for Ros,  14 points to 5 winners over IT Sligo . while Mayo scrape a win v NUIG.

moysider

Quote from: maigheo on January 04, 2015, 03:29:00 PM
great start for Ros,  14 points to 5 winners over IT Sligo . while Mayo scrape a win v NUIG.

Looks like Ros' year.

Wouldn t mind Mayo had a strong team out as well.

1)   Robert Hennelly - Breaffy

2)   Darren McHugh - Hollymount/Carramore

3)   Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites

4)   Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore

5)   Chris Barrett - Belmullet

6)   Caolan Crowe - Garrymore

7)   Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe

8)   Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber

9)   Alex Corduff - Ballina Stephenites

10) Neil Douglas - Castlebar Mitchels

11) Adam Gallagher - Mayo Gaels

12) Mickey Conroy - Davitts

13) Evan Regan - Ballina Stephenites

22) Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

15) Mark Ronaldson - Shrule/Glencorrib

16) David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites

14) Alan Freeman - Aghamore

17) Kevin Keane - Westport

18) Keith Rogers - Ballaghaderreen

19) Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels

20) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore

21) Mikey Sweeney - Kiltane

REDCOL

Just home lucky enough to win.

1. Rob Hennelly - Great save near the end saved our bacon.
2. Darren Mc Hugh - Will be satisfied with his debut, scored a good point and wasn't in any trouble defensively.
3. Ger Cafferkey - Looked very shaky early on, but settled and done ok before being replaced
4. Stephen Coen - Was in huge trouble when Comer moved in, lacks pace for Corner Back, played better when moved into Half Forward Line.
5. Chris Barrett - Very good, probably our second best player,
6. Kevin Keane - Physically Strong but pace is his issue.
7. Caolan Crowe  - Started Strong, Faded and then finished strong. Will be pleased enough.
8. Jason Gibbons - Cant seem to rediscover his form of last spring, distribution poor today
9. Alex Corduff - Big Man, but lacks mobility tried very hard.
10. Neil Douglas - Our Best player by a long way, good distributor and kicked a few nice points
11. Adam Gallagher - Good first five minutes and then disappeared. Expected More.
12.  Michael Conroy - Played way too deep, worked tirelessly but role doesn't suit him
13. Evan Regan - Might need firmer ground, overall disappointing but has ability
14. Jason Doherty - Didn't get into game, black card was deserved and might need a break
15. Mark Ronaldson - Mixed the good and bad, got the goal but some things just didn't click

Overall, Early season so cant be too hard on the lads, need to see them mixed in with more of the regulars to make a definitive judgement.

ross4life

Quote from: moysider on January 04, 2015, 03:51:49 PM

Wouldn t mind Mayo had a strong team out as well.

You think? what i see is Mayo side with few starters pure experimental stuff & some lads playing that Horan wasn't keen on. Us in comparison had i think 8 starters from our last championship game starting today, Sligo IT aren't at the level of their side from last year when they drew with us and Mayo. For all the chances we created today i don't think Sligo IT could complain if we won by 18 points or more and TBH i'll be surprised if Mayo don't win by about 15 points next weekend. NUIG will be tougher game for us.

How did the rossies Cian Connolly number 10 and David Murray number 2 on the NUIG perform today?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

larryin89

Id tend to agree with Moysider, its goin to be roscommons year. JJ will be missed in Mayo after 4 good years.
This has been coming for a while now, at last the Rossies are going to see their underage work filter through to success at senior. We have to sit back and let them have a lash now, we have had our time.

Its going to be a rebuilding job for Mayo that could take at least two years and see a lot of retirements . Its going to be  a very sobering phase for Mayo football , we have wined and dined with the top table for a few years now. This is not an overreaction to our narrow win over the students of NUIG .

Rossies could win FBD in second gear but Leitrim will try their best to hang onto the much sought after crown . the rest of us are just wasting our time, its very disheartening to think we are going to lose to Roscommon in Castlebar.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ballinaman

Quote from: larryin89 on January 04, 2015, 06:54:39 PM
Id tend to agree with Moysider, its goin to be roscommons year. JJ will be missed in Mayo after 4 good years.
This has been coming for a while now, at last the Rossies are going to see their underage work filter through to success at senior. We have to sit back and let them have a lash now, we have had our time.

Its going to be a rebuilding job for Mayo that could take at least two years and see a lot of retirements . Its going to be  a very sobering phase for Mayo football , we have wined and dined with the top table for a few years now. This is not an overreaction to our narrow win over the students of NUIG .

Rossies could win FBD in second gear but Leitrim will try their best to hang onto the much sought after crown . the rest of us are just wasting our time, its very disheartening to think we are going to lose to Roscommon in Castlebar.
I wouldn't be so downbeat if above delusions materialise...you'll get great use out of your Syferus account....every cloud..

Lar Naparka

Bedad, you could be right Larry.
Didn't I have a horrible nightmare the other night, so I did.
I was standing by myself in McHale Park and the place was infested with bloody sheep.
Couldn't make head nor tail of it at all. Them wooly jumpers were buck leppin' around the place as if they ownded it and I was stuck in sheep shite right up to me ankles.
It could well have been an omen or a portent or whatever ya call them friggin' things that let you look into the future.
The could well be the year for the primrose and blue, make no mistake about that.
On the other hand maybe the fact that I had 14 pints and a chicken wings and honey from the local Chinese might have had something to do with it.
Can't be sure but I'd lay a bet that the Rossies will at long last use the undoubted array of talent at their disposal to,well, shite themselves  in Castlebar.
God knows they've had plenty of practice at doing that down the years.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Mayo are getting awful cagey in January. Still rattled after Limerick.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 04, 2015, 11:21:43 PM
Mayo are getting awful cagey in January. Still rattled after Limerick.

Be something wrong with us if we were not!!

I know Roscommon men who still brood about 1980. I m still coming to terms with 96, 97 and 98 if truth be told.

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 04, 2015, 11:01:59 PM

Bedad, you could be right Larry.
Didn't I have a horrible nightmare the other night, so I did.
I was standing by myself in McHale Park and the place was infested with bloody sheep.
Couldn't make head nor tail of it at all. Them wooly jumpers were buck leppin' around the place as if they ownded it and I was stuck in sheep shite right up to me ankles.
It could well have been an omen or a portent or whatever ya call them friggin' things that let you look into the future.
The could well be the year for the primrose and blue, make no mistake about that.
On the other hand maybe the fact that I had 14 pints and a chicken wings and honey from the local Chinese might have had something to do with it.
Can't be sure but I'd lay a bet that the Rossies will at long last use the undoubted array of talent at their disposal to,well, shite themselves  in Castlebar.
God knows they've had plenty of practice at doing that down the years.

Jaysus Lar' you re risin them early the year.

Time will tell what's what. But I don t envy Holmes and Connelly sifting through all the players they have involved.

Rossfan

Our management won't have learned much from that game yesterday as it was just too easy.
Hopefully the new lads will get a good test next weekend from the NUIG and and then see if any of them are fit to face the rhubarb colossus/monster.
Milton looked the best of them to my little eye anyway while Kilcline will hopefully last a biteen longer on his next appearance.
I wonder did he break Jason Neary's record for the shortest ever time on the pitch before being dismissed?
And of course being Roscommon we do things in reverse - An Australian coming here to play Gaelic football  ;D
Next thing we'll have rhubarbs and the like looking up their family trees to try and join an upwardly mobile County heading for Sam. 8)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Rossfan on January 05, 2015, 04:16:15 PM
Our management won't have learned much from that game yesterday as it was just too easy.
Hopefully the new lads will get a good test next weekend from the NUIG and and then see if any of them are fit to face the rhubarb colossus/monster.
Milton looked the best of them to my little eye anyway while Kilcline will hopefully last a biteen longer on his next appearance.
I wonder did he break Jason Neary's record for the shortest ever time on the pitch before being dismissed?
And of course being Roscommon we do things in reverse - An Australian coming here to play Gaelic football  ;D
Next thing we'll have rhubarbs and the like looking up their family trees to try and join an upwardly mobile County heading for Sam. 8)

You said it.

MWWSI 2017

moysider

I hear this Aussie is a big unit.
Seeing how the Aussies usually beat us up in the bastardised rules games (when they re bothered), Ros might be on to something. Especially if he has the natural Ros awkwardness bred out of him.

Syferus

He and his family emigrated and have just returned home ffs Rossfan. Roch Hanmore came back and got a run last year too but Dufficy played at a higher level of Aussie Rules and apparently was our fittest player in the latest fitness tests, why not have a look at the lad, that's the whole point of the pre-season.