Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: redzone on October 31, 2020, 09:18:03 PM
Surely he's in no position to play having not trained all week.
Would mckenna on Murphy be out of the question. He'd have the legs on Murphy when we would be on the attack. Presumably we will have 14 inside our own half anyway at all times

We need to have Donegal worrying about McKenna rather than sacrificing him for Murphy.

I really think it would be a huge risk to start Hampsey. I think McKernan might be the best man,  give him the responsibility to follow him. He has the legs on Murphy out the pitch so it suits us if he goes out there.

McNamee is sure to pick up McBrearty.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Redhand Santa

Would mckenna on Murphy be out of the question. He'd have the legs on Murphy when we would be on the attack. Presumably we will have 14 inside our own half anyway at all times

The training itself wouldn't be a huge issue if he's been feeling alright. He'll have been training all year so a week won't be massive factor. Plenty of boys have missed training due to niggles and still played.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2020, 09:41:45 PM

We need to have Donegal worrying about McKenna rather than sacrificing him for Murphy.

I really think it would be a huge risk to start Hampsey. I think McKernan might be the best man,  give him the responsibility to follow him. He has the legs on Murphy out the pitch so it suits us if he goes out there.

Michael Murphy would throw McKernan around like a child for fun. Complete physical mismatch.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 31, 2020, 10:55:53 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2020, 09:41:45 PM

Michael Murphy would throw McKernan around like a child for fun. Complete physical mismatch.

No more a physical mismatch than Rory Brennan was on him and Brennan did a decent job a fortnight ago. McKernan is as physical a defender as we have.

sidelineball

McNamee put O'Shea in his pocket last week so most likely candidate to match up with Murphy if he's playing as a forward imo. Hopefully Hampsey is available.

GetOverTheBar

Have to disagree on this one Angelo, McKernan isn't even on Brennan level as a marker or even physically. It might be one of the Pomeroy boys who get much abuse on here for the job.

I could only see Murphy ragdolling McKernan. There will be large parts of the game Murphy drifts around unmarked anyway I suppose, it will be when he makes his little 5 minute spells into 14 presumably McNamee will be switching to him.

Angelo

Quote from: sidelineball on November 01, 2020, 09:00:40 AM
McNamee put O'Shea in his pocket last week so most likely candidate to match up with Murphy if he's playing as a forward imo. Hopefully Hampsey is available.

We need McNamee in that full back line, Murphy is likely to wander all over - moreso if he has McNamee there. McNamee has also done really well on McBrearty in the past and is well suited to him.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 01, 2020, 09:02:08 AM
Have to disagree on this one Angelo, McKernan isn't even on Brennan level as a marker or even physically. It might be one of the Pomeroy boys who get much abuse on here for the job.

I could only see Murphy ragdolling McKernan. There will be large parts of the game Murphy drifts around unmarked anyway I suppose, it will be when he makes his little 5 minute spells into 14 presumably McNamee will be switching to him.

I'd have no doubts about McKernan physically, he's 6ft and is a strong boy. His decision making can be a problem at times and he can be rash but it wouldn't  be his physicality I have concerns over,

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2020, 09:05:14 AM

I'd have no doubts about McKernan physically, he's 6ft and is a strong boy. His decision making can be a problem at times and he can be rash but it wouldn't  be his physicality I have concerns over,

Whoever marks Murphy need to be a proper man marker i.e. a spoiler. Sacrafice their own game. They need to stick with Murphy everywhere and not even worry about touching the ball even when Tyrone have it.

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on November 01, 2020, 09:46:20 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2020, 09:05:14 AM

Whoever marks Murphy need to be a proper man marker i.e. a spoiler. Sacrafice their own game. They need to stick with Murphy everywhere and not even worry about touching the ball even when Tyrone have it.

Absolutely.

I also think one way you can damage Murphy is pace, does it get to a stage where he lets his man go and he is involved in a few scores then does Murphy feel the need to track him and then ends up on the back foot.

Hampsey did as good a job as I can remember on Murphy a few years back doing this, think he went up the field and hit a couple of scores in the game as well.

In hiding

Did Hampsey mark Murphy in Breffni last year ?

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on November 01, 2020, 12:17:25 PM
Did Hampsey mark Murphy in Breffni last year ?

Yes.

Murphy lorded it over him last year. Hampsey would have had the better of him in the two previous meetings in 2017 and 2018. It's also worth noting that Hampsey was carrying an injury that required surgery last year. From the limited viewing of him this year he doesn't seemed to be back to anywhere near his best yet.

God14

Ben mcdonnell didn't make the subs. Suprised at that. Aidan mcrory too
Glad those couple of fellas walked, the squad is in need of a serious revamp.

tyroneman

So has Coney walked? Didn't see him among the subs

Tyrone Gaa

How many times in Kieran McGeary gonna be turned over before he's taken off!!  >:(
Living the dream!!!