Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Meanwhile Bozo reverts to type talking about putting 31/12/20 cut off date into Legislation.
So "No deal" is back into play.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Rossfan on December 17, 2019, 11:48:43 AM
Meanwhile Bozo reverts to type talking about putting 31/12/20 cut off date into Legislation.

His is manipulaitng the markets to pay back favours to the moneymen

five points

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 17, 2019, 12:18:39 PM

Politicians can't really manipulate markets though, unless they want to. The bottom fell out of the pound following the 2016 Brexit vote. Today's markets are pricing out the possibilities of a Corbyn premiership and a Labour administration in the foreseeable future.

bennydorano

Crossed my mind too!

I can see BJ's thinking in doing this (focus minds at home and in the EU, appease the Brexiteers etc...) but it's an unnecessary barrel he's putting himself over and he can quite easily reverse it legislatively but with great loss of face.

johnnycool

Quote from: bennydorano on December 17, 2019, 01:11:34 PM

Crossed my mind too!

I can see BJ's thinking in doing this (focus minds at home and in the EU, appease the Brexiteers etc...) but it's an unnecessary barrel he's putting himself over and he can quite easily reserve it legislatively but with great loss of face.

FFS, the man has no moral compass, he'll do and say what he pleases and then change tune five minutes later...

tbrick18

Crossed my mind too!

I can see BJ's thinking in doing this (focus minds at home and in the EU, appease the Brexiteers etc...) but it's an unnecessary barrel he's putting himself over and he can quite easily reserve it legislatively but with great loss of face.

His thinking is that he'll get his No Deal brexit, which is what he wanted all along. And he'll point the finger at the pesky Europeans and the Irish as the reason why they couldn't get a trade deal in 10 odd months and its all their fault. And there will be no choice but for a hard border in Ireland.
He'll just let the cards fall where they may with no care about the consequences for any of us.

bennydorano

No, he's not a no deal fan.

johnnycool

Quote from: bennydorano on December 17, 2019, 02:35:54 PM
No, he's not a no deal fan.

Well Cummins is and he's pulling the strings it seems.

Is Cummins not a Lord yet?

guy crouchback

Quote from: tbrick18 on December 17, 2019, 02:31:45 PM

Crossed my mind too!

His thinking is that he'll get his No Deal brexit, which is what he wanted all along. And he'll point the finger at the pesky Europeans and the Irish as the reason why they couldn't get a trade deal in 10 odd months and its all their fault. And there will be no choice but for a hard border in Ireland.
He'll just let the cards fall where they may with no care about the consequences for any of us.

once the WA agreement is singed by the UK and it will be by early january than there is no threat of a hard border in Ireland. the WA is an international treaty in its own right anything that does or does not happen thereafter will not affect the terms of the WA. so the front-stop the divorce bill and citizens rights are enshrined in law in the UK and the EU.

tbrick18

Quote from: guy crouchback on December 17, 2019, 05:22:02 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on December 17, 2019, 02:31:45 PM

Crossed my mind too!

once the WA agreement is singed by the UK and it will be by early january than there is no threat of a hard border in Ireland. the WA is an international treaty in its own right anything that does or does not happen thereafter will not affect the terms of the WA. so the front-stop the divorce bill and citizens rights are enshrined in law in the UK and the EU.

But what happens in the world where Boris sets in law that there can be no extension to the time period for negotiating the trade deal? The WA is signed which states trade deal by December 31, 2020. If by that date a trade deal is not done and by law the negotiation cannot be extended, what happens?
I'm not doubting what you say, but I think BJ is as underhanded as they come and I don't think he'd have any issues in breaking an international treaty to get his own way.

armaghniac

Boris is clearly underhanded. However, it is not clear what advantage breaking the NI deal would give him. He doesn't need the DUP votes, the people whose votes he does need don't care about NI, and he will only get grief from some quarters in the US (and even Canada etc) if he banjaxes NI.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Norn Irn's economy shrank by 0.5% in 2018 driven by the JTI plant closure. GDP per head fell in NI in 2018 .Population growing but GDP falling.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-50853709

"Economic output in the Mid and East Antrim area, which includes Ballymena, was down by more than 10%."

Antrim obviously won't win an All Ireland until there is a United Ireland
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Richard Ramsey
@Ramseconomics
·
48m
Zoning in on Mid and East Antrim. The economic growth or rather lack of it are quite shocking. Fasten your seatbelts...
The 10.1% fall in GDP in 2018 was better than the previous 2 years 2016(-11%) & 2017 (-25%).
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: seafoid on December 19, 2019, 12:09:09 PM

Richard Ramsey
@Ramseconomics
·
48m
Zoning in on Mid and East Antrim. The economic growth or rather lack of it are quite shocking. Fasten your seatbelts...
The 10.1% fall in GDP in 2018 was better than the previous 2 years 2016(-11%) & 2017 (-25%).

Ah but sure Ian Og is a fine upstanding gentleman. Gets safely returned every time. :rolleyes:

and Sammy "send them to the chuppy" Wilson is as good as there is.

Must be the South Antrim MPs fault. Girvan - we'll blame him.

Oh wait a second... he's DUP too...
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on December 19, 2019, 12:04:39 PM
Norn Irn's economy shrank by 0.5% in 2018 driven by the JTI plant closure. GDP per head fell in NI in 2018 .Population growing but GDP falling.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-50853709

"Economic output in the Mid and East Antrim area, which includes Ballymena, was down by more than 10%."

Antrim obviously won't win an All Ireland until there is a United Ireland

What's Leitrim's excuse?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea