The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Hurley

Thought the Harps missed too many chances, the high ball into young Kelly seemed to be the way to go but they didn't use it enough.The Harps had to work far harder for their frees. The Cross No. 12 Murtagh should have been sent off for blatant punch in the second half which led to the scuffle.They should have changed their free taker, too many misses, I thought Quigley was their free taker.It will take a lot to shift Cross. Hard Luck Harps !

fcuksake

Missed Johnny Murtagh's punch, but how did he not get the line for throwing the ball at the linesman midway through the second half. ???

Hard luck to Harps. Tried hard but you cant afford to kick as many wides when playing a class outfit like cross. everything had to go for us and not go for Cross.

Kevin Kelly's sending of was a bit harsh, at most a ticking. McEntee deserved to walk.

Eamon Nugent.........Useless AGAIN >:(

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Spiritof98

Have to agree with Rufus the lads played with great pride in the shirt and on another day with the scoring boots on we could have pipped them. Lets not forget this team is upbeaten in this competition close on 12 years. There was several issues that determined the outcome of the game, dodgy referee, crucial sending off, wides, but I imo it was the craft of Cross, that won the day. Knowing when to go down for a free is probably what wins them most of these games I think they only shot 3 or 4 from play with the majority coming in the last 10 mins.

Regarding our tactics, the ball into Kelly should have been utilised more. I didn't see the thinking behind playing Joe in the corner considering he's played half foward all year (all career)(not making excuses), playing lenny there to Limit Kernan did not work in my opinion but overall i think our forwards just didn't show up yesterday. Although pleased with the commitment shown yesterday what concerns me is that for the last 4 years (Mullabawn,Drominteex2,Cross)  the forward showing has been very poor, they don't seem to be able to deal with Championship intensity.

Hard luck to lads and good luck with the rest of the league campaign, its vital we stay in the top flight.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

thewingedlady

Good to hear that the boys showed good spirit and worked hard. Heard Liam McAuley had to be taken off with a nasty injury, any word on how he is?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: thewingedlady on June 04, 2007, 05:25:54 PM
Good to hear that the boys showed good spirit and worked hard. Heard Liam McAuley had to be taken off with a nasty injury, any word on how he is?

I think Liam spent the night in hospital with a broken/dislocated shoulder. Best wishes to Liam for a speedy recovery.

Report of the game is now up on our website, under the Seniors Section.

www.armaghharps.com

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rufus T Firefly

bennydorano

There are no fixtures intoday's Irish News - That B semi v Ogs is Wed night in Abbey at 8pm ,players to assemble for 7.15pm.

Candyman

we hit 5 wides in the first 10-15mins which didnt help and the ref (dont get me started>:(  ) gave some soft free's to cross in the late stages of the game!! Then again, if ye dont get the scores on the board how can ye expect to win?? an encouraging display i thought which was a big difference from the whitecross game the week before... :-\

Spiritof98

You had a stormer yourself Candyman. How's the head today boss.

Candyman

dont talk... ye can imagine wat is was like with us louts in full swing!! ;)

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Its all about the Hurling.

Spiritof98

Im working tonight but I think its away to Mullabrack, should be interesting

Armagh Exile

I thought the Harps B side played under the name of O'Donovan Ross, Mullabrack.

stew

Well you thought wrong exile! smartass.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.