Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Megaman on December 16, 2018, 12:12:40 PM
Is there anything you haven't done ffs ::)

I know it is somewhat down to parents / coaches but if you think U10's aren't competitive in their own right your very mistaken.

Kids are inherently competitive and that's a good thing which can be harnessed in the correct manner.

What MR2 is talking about is something different when coaches and parents think they're shouting at adults in a senior championship game rather than a bunch of 10 or 12 year olds.

It's hard to get through to a coach that winning isn't important as wrongly they think they are judged by results, well by those with a titter of wit.

cfclg

I think the new u13 age group should still be very much about participation rather than winning leagues or c/ships. Everyone should get game time at this level.
Only from the new u15 level up should clubs start picking their 'best 15' etc.

What about the Feile, will it move from u14 to u13 or u15?

Sweeper 123

Will u19 replace the old U18 or does it replace U21 ? Will there be an all county U19 league or is it just championship like U21?

Na Glinntí Glasa

we have a meeting Wednesday night to gauge the opinions on it in the club and if we will be opposing it.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 17, 2018, 01:11:14 PM
we have a meeting Wednesday night to gauge the opinions on it in the club and if we will be opposing it.

for the year? or just in general?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thedog 83

I already thought that these new grades were put back a year in 2018 to 2019? I remember reading the county secretaries report and it basically said that these changes are coming, so get prepared for them.

I for one can see that many problems at all with the age changes.

Players who are historically last year minors can be serviced on clubs reserve teams and in smaller clubs most of their top minors are on the senior teams anyhow.   

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2018, 01:42:23 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 17, 2018, 01:11:14 PM

for the year? or just in general?

for the year ahead just. clubs have till the 28th of Dec to object in writing to the county
hurl like f**k boi!

maxpower

Email came out from the County secretary recommending all age grades revert to the new format in 2018.  This email came out in December 2017 to which the clubs opposed, stating they needed time to prepare for such a change.

In September clubs were informed the status quo would continue for another year.  Then again in December we are informed the change is to be adopted.

This is after clubs have held their AGM, Divisional boards have meet to discuss early season tournaments and coaches have been put into position.

I am not opposed to the change, though I see no benefit either.  However I think it's shameful how little preparation has went into the proposal, no guidance on Feile, which tournaments will fall into which grades, will u13 be on the shorter pitch or will it drop to u11! What about u21?

I think it's actually quite insulting to a huge population of our County to think a change so fundamental as this can just be implemented with no thought, consultation or proper communication.

County held a fixture meeting for Senior teams recently and they aren't changing!
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

But you knew it was happening the following year for sure, so the plans/preparation you have made for this year will have to be brought forward earlier?

Feile will be either under 13 or 15? New committee in place some changes are expected, in the scale of things it's not a biggy. The under 12 manager becomes under 13 manager and so on?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thedog 83

I hope an U19 league does not come into play.
Don't think it will be necessary. Grading should be simple enough -
U12-u11
U14-u13
U16-u15
U18-u17

Im not sure whether changing u21 to u20 will help much as there is only a handful of clubs who play u21 hurling, so no point in moving it imo

delgany

Quote from: maxpower on December 17, 2018, 05:40:18 PM
Email came out from the County secretary recommending all age grades revert to the new format in 2018.  This email came out in December 2017 to which the clubs opposed, stating they needed time to prepare for such a change.

In September clubs were informed the status quo would continue for another year.  Then again in December we are informed the change is to be adopted.

This is after clubs have held their AGM, Divisional boards have meet to discuss early season tournaments and coaches have been put into position.

I am not opposed to the change, though I see no benefit either.  However I think it's shameful how little preparation has went into the proposal, no guidance on Feile, which tournaments will fall into which grades, will u13 be on the shorter pitch or will it drop to u11! What about u21?

I think it's actually quite insulting to a huge population of our County to think a change so fundamental as this can just be implemented with no thought, consultation or proper communication.

County held a fixture meeting for Senior teams recently and they aren't changing!

Do you think Antrim  is the only county in Ireland caught out by this.
The county exec officials proposed changing to new format in Sept. Co.sec outlined the number of juvenile members in each club .

The clubs decided to stick to status quo.

The county exec are the messengers here and not the usurpers

Jesusjones

Quote from: saffron89 on December 17, 2018, 07:50:50 AM
Some strange faces on the antrim hurling panel yesterday
Hard to gett boys out at this time of year but still thought we'd have more
Hard to get boys though when continually Antrim management has taken boys
In who haven't trained with panel about march and April time
Hopefully CDall will provide about 7/8 after all Ireland run

Cushendall have been providing 6/7 players for the county going back a good number of years. If we want to move forward it's high time Dunloy and Loughgiel were providing a similar number.

Na Glinntí Glasa

we had 4 lads there on sunday at the game and would of had more had the U21's not of been in the county football final.

This was a crazy time to have a game so close to Cmas when lads havent even thought about starting to train for games in the new year let along a game in December. but it was what it was and by all accounts the played well. fair play to any of the lads who went and played

James McNaughton was in good scoring form and looks like a good free taker for the team.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2018, 06:15:28 PM
But you knew it was happening the following year for sure, so the plans/preparation you have made for this year will have to be brought forward earlier?

Feile will be either under 13 or 15? New committee in place some changes are expected, in the scale of things it's not a biggy. The under 12 manager becomes under 13 manager and so on?

That's a decision to be made at a National Level and TBH how this is being rolled out by Croke Park is shameful.
This has to be rolled out across all counties at the same time with things like Feile, inter county club championship like the minor one in Ballinascreen all aligned.

Will Go Games be U11 or U13?

Is U13 too young for Feile as you may have 9 year olds on a panel? We're going odd in Down in 2020 and when I asked a county delegate what was happening with Feile he didn't know but felt it may stay U14 and then each county would have to run off just that one competition as U14. Didn't make any sense to me. The Feile in Down is run off on the one day.

Time for Croke Park to be more vocal on this and give direction.

Na Glinntí Glasa

agree JC. ive seen no direction at all and no definitive guide as to whats going to happen and what age groups will be the new feile etc.

its very confusing for everyone. hopefully this meeting on weds night in our club will give me more of an insight as to whats what.

is there going to be no more U21 and just going to be U11, 13, 15, 17 & 19?
hurl like f**k boi!