Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Keelan mollloy not playing today either who's a serious operator too. Dunno how I missed him.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 28, 2020, 02:30:44 PM
Matty Donnelly is a great distributor of the ball. Always finds a good pass when he gets the ball.

Another good win here. Big scoring.

Matty had a solid game today. He's a huge physical player ideal for full back and great under a dropping ball. However though I thought in the Carlow game he was caught for speed on a couple of occasions. It seems management have addressed this problem and gave him more protection today.

All in all their hurling extremely well and you can see their so well coached. Support play has really improved plus one up two down under high balls. If there's one thing they could work on is their first touch. You get what you work for and they deserve their day in Croke Park. Great move by the GAA to play it before the AllI reland.

Jonkunlon

Good luck to the hurlers on Sunday. They've been superb all year, restoring a bit of pride into the county. Deserving of every bit of success this year. I think they'll do it.

north_antrim_hound

Good luck lads
Very proud of you all played this year
Division 1 hurling now and hopefully a good result on Sunday
Can't wait
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

BrendanAntrim

Really looking forward to this one. If they don't freeze in CP setting they should be just fine, always thought we were a level above Kerry this season. Its fantastic to see it. Game live on RTE

NAG1

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on December 10, 2020, 10:29:55 AM
Really looking forward to this one. If they don't freeze in CP setting they should be just fine, always thought we were a level above Kerry this season. Its fantastic to see it. Game live on RTE

I think now we have the forwards to thrive in CP. Maybe in other year we didnt have that pace and power that we seem to have now.

Going to be an intriguing game, for one I dont expect to see the same game that we did earlier in the rounds.

imtommygunn

The team will be interesting.

What does he do with McManus? (I hope not as the forwards are stable.

Does Keelan Molloy come back in? (I hope so as he was superb last time against Kerry though would feel for McBrien too)

Will Joe Maskey be back in the half back line? (I would say he maybe deserves it)

Who is going to mark Conway? I would assume Rooney?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 10, 2020, 11:30:22 AM
The team will be interesting.

What does he do with McManus? (I hope not as the forwards are stable.

Does Keelan Molloy come back in? (I hope so as he was superb last time against Kerry though would feel for McBrien too)

Will Joe Maskey be back in the half back line? (I would say he maybe deserves it)

Who is going to mark Conway? I would assume Rooney?

This is the winning of the game.

Whoever picks him up and stems (as you won't completely stop him) his play will be the winning of the game..

Changing a winning team might not be the best thing to do, NMcM would be a massive player to introduce and had he been fit for all the games then I'd have no problem with him starting.

Nothing worse for a manager when one of your best players becomes available and you have been getting great results up to that point!

Either way Kerry will be looking to stop Clarke and co up front, as the goals are what has brought us to Croke Park, a f**king shame we can't get there to watch it, hopefully next year we will have the games available to watch in the league.

Confidence is flowing in the team, but Kerry ain't pushovers, if I wasn't an Antrim man I'd take the value that the bookies are offering on Kerry
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It will be a tough game. I'd be a bit nervous about it but tbh as an antrim fan who's seen a lot over the years that's definitely par for the course I think lol.

There are quite a few forwards going well so fortunately it doesn't seem to be a case of stop one. Yeah McManus as sub for me. Molloy to me should start. His game against Kerry was tbh one of the best I have seen from an antrim player in years. Maskey a better man for the bigger kerry forwards too.

McManus, Nugent, Johnston three great options for the bench from forwards. I would be a bit wary of Donnelly for pace on a big pitch but hopefully good enough cover etc there.

I do think it would be a mistake to start McManus but he definitely should be getting game time.

MoChara

What a great problem, finding it hard to fit in great players because the first team has been playing so well.

Really looking forward to this now.

paddyjohn

Can anybody get a link for the 89 song?

Jonkunlon

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 10, 2020, 05:47:14 PM
Can anybody get a link for the 89 song?

We have seen great hurlers come and go in Croke Park through the years
And in All Ireland Finals other countries had the cheers
We hoped some day it would be us but all seemed far away
But now at last the time has come it is All Ireland day

We are the Saffron county and we're going to make our mark
We'll take the Liam McCarthy cup to Antrim from Croke Park
There will be celebrations in the city and the Glen
And around the county Antrim we can all sing once again

We hope that what we're doing will inspire younger men
And ensure that in the future it can all be done again
To keep the Caman swinging n the city and the glen

We are the Saffron county and we're going to make our mark
We'll take the Liam McCarthy cup to Antrim from Croke Park
There will be celebrations in the city and the Glen

........I can never remember the middle verse but hope that helps

marty34

Pity there'll be no supporters at this game.

Great to be in Croke Park.  Big opportunity.

Keery are progressing well in recent years.

Hard to belive the championship is nearly over.  Great to have so many games on tv over this past couple of months.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Its been a good period for Antrim hurling this year no matter what happens on Sunday. We would all love to be there to support our team but it is what it is now and we will have to make do with shouting at the tv on sunday!

Antrim is in a great place going forth into 2021 and hopefully on Sunday we have the Joe McDonagh Cup alongside the D2 trophy to take with us.

Fantastic problem we have atm with who to select as there is so many good players on the panel.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Team named... Elliot, Molloy and Mackey back in. Glad they have stuck with what has worked. (No harm to anyone).

Really looking forward, though maybe a bit nervous about it too, to this.

[edit] maskey that should read.