The Covid all Ireland hurling championship 2020/21

Started by seafoid, June 26, 2020, 07:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Great start to the second half from Waterford,hope they keep it up.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Blowitupref

Some turnaround by Waterford. 7 down to 5 points ahead. Back to 4 points as I type. 10 minutes to play.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Congratulations to Waterford a superb 2nd half performance from them. A rare All-Ireland semi final defeat for Cody.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sid waddell

Waterford are back baby

This is a team which could not win one match out of eight in Munster in the previous two years

The amount of running and hurling in them is fantastic

3-27 last week, 2-27 this week

Shows how a top manager can transform a team's fortunes

imtommygunn

Great turnaround from Waterford. I would say Cahill is a shrewd enough operator there.

Be great to see them win it. Deburca, Barron, Stephen Bennett and gleeson, when he turns it on, are serious operators.

It will be great to see Antrim playing on ai final day too. Hopefully not fourth time lucky for Kerry.

Baile an tuaigh

There was another Tipp Waterford coach today from Toomevara Michael Bevans. Played three years with him back in the day. A seriously great corner forward and a pure gentleman. Delighted for him. Hope to God they can finish the job. Beating Kilkenny should give them wings.

gallsman

Incredible performance and comeback. Wanted it more in the second half and went out and took it.

How many times has TJ played that well and lost? KK new guard just not up to it yet.

seafoid

KK still haven't found what they were looking for. Compare to.the manufactured Dubs on their way to 6.

Fair play to the Déise.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

clonadmad

Waterford don't win a game since 2017

Cahill and Bevans step in

5th all ireland final appearance in 6 years.

Minor in 15&16, 21/20 in 18/19, senior in 20.

2 fair operators

mouview

Quote from: gallsman on November 28, 2020, 08:29:08 PM
Incredible performance and comeback. Wanted it more in the second half and went out and took it.

How many times has TJ played that well and lost? KK new guard just not up to it yet.

Meh, TJ was alright. Was hooked, misdirected a pass in the first half, missed a couple of frees. Cute enough to follow the ball in for the goal. The only one to show for KK after half-time. Dropped a couple of frees short too. Galway showed how to limit him by putting a good big hurler on him in Joe Cooney. Had only one fatal lapse in that game.

Capt Pat

Waterford were impressive today. On that basis it could be their first all ireland since the fifties I think.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

That game cheered me up no end. Just breath taking

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 28, 2020, 09:25:43 PM
Waterford were impressive today. On that basis it could be their first all ireland since the fifties I think.
This game was as good as I have seen. The skill levels of both sides were breathtaking. Illl wait until I see the other semi before coommitting myself but, right now, Waterford could be worth a few bob at evens.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

weareros

That was just inspirational from Waterford. Couldn't see it at half time. It wasn't lack of possession. But they lacked  composure and hit bad wides, while Kilkenny did all the simple things right. Waterford had the look of a team that it just wasn't going to be their day and the old order wasn't going to changeth. But the second half was all about a team changing their fate. Would love to see them go all the way. No disrespect to Galway, but I think Limerick are best team in the country right now. It has the makings of a brilliant All-Ireland either way.