Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caprea

Quote from: Rossfan on August 18, 2020, 11:14:39 AM
A few Constituencies in the 6 Counties would have difficulty fielding a team!

Well fair enough then, if they don't have a team they don't have a team. If you want to actually find the region of Ireland with the best footballers then this is the fairest solution.

I'm not saying I want this, I'm just saying his is the best solution to the inequities of the current system in terms of being fair.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: caprea on August 18, 2020, 11:20:30 AM

Well fair enough then, if they don't have a team they don't have a team. If you want to actually find the region of Ireland with the best footballers then this is the fairest solution.

I'm not saying I want this, I'm just saying his is the best solution to the inequities of the current system in terms of being fair.

Political constituencies change all the time though

caprea

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 18, 2020, 06:53:03 PM

And county borders haven't since ... 250 years?

I'm not saying to split teams by political constituencies. I'm saying it would be the fairest resolution. The fairest resolution is not always the right solution.

The problem with intercounty competition is that there are far too many counties/teams for a country of our size. It results in a list of at least 15 counties/teams that are largely pointless in adding any thing substantive to the competition year in year out.

A long long list that is getting longer of teams making up the numbers that get chewed up and spat out by the teams with actual quality.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: caprea on August 18, 2020, 10:44:17 PM

I'm not saying to split teams by political constituencies. I'm saying it would be the fairest resolution. The fairest resolution is not always the right solution.

The problem with intercounty competition is that there are far too many counties/teams for a country of our size. It results in a list of at least 15 counties/teams that are largely pointless in adding any thing substantive to the competition year in year out.

A long long list that is getting longer of teams making up the numbers that get chewed up and spat out by the teams with actual quality.

So 32 counties are too many, lets change to 57 constituencies .

caprea

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 18, 2020, 10:51:38 PM

Can you point out where I said that? I can point out three times I said the opposition. Please read posts a minimum of three times in future so to understand them.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: caprea on August 18, 2020, 10:58:02 PM

Can you point out where I said that? I can point out three times I said the opposition. Please read posts a minimum of three times in future so to understand them.

You argued the fairest solution to too many county sides is to almost double the number of sides. I did read your post 3 times, and it still doesn't make sense.

caprea

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 18, 2020, 11:11:08 PM

You argued the fairest solution to too many county sides is to almost double the number of sides. I did read your post 3 times, and it still doesn't make sense.

I guess reading is one thing, having powers of comprehension is something else. Good night.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: caprea on August 18, 2020, 11:15:33 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 18, 2020, 11:11:08 PM

I guess reading is one thing, having powers of comprehension is something else. Good night.

Thanks for dropping by. Everyone gets a medal for showing up.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Well done Dublin!

Had forgotten about ye with all that covid stuff.

Baile Brigín 2

Mayo Border

Why is the Dublin Westmeath match being played in Laois? Is it not a home game for Westmeath?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Mayo Border on November 07, 2020, 07:50:37 PM
Why is the Dublin Westmeath match being played in Laois? Is it not a home game for Westmeath?
Probably due to no floodlights in Mullingar