Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

podge

girt, who were the offenders for the red cards?  straight reds or double yellows?  sounds like there was a strong breeze for such a turnaround but then again it was on feystown...  clooney gaels are a well drilled outfit.

Balboa

Any reports on Rossa v Johnnies? I see St Johns won easily enough.

PlayWithTheWind

St Teresa's and Sarsfield's match was off - waterlogged pitch.

St Paul's had a bye this week.

Big hammering for Glenravel, are Carey that good?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

girt_giggler

Quote from: podge on August 06, 2007, 09:42:38 AM
girt, who were the offenders for the red cards?  straight reds or double yellows?  sounds like there was a strong breeze for such a turnaround but then again it was on feystown...  clooney gaels are a well drilled outfit.

1 was 2 yellows & other was straight red (after the final whistle).

podge

Still think the IHC will be a tight affair and yesterdays results havn;t changed my mind much.  Glenarm will be disappointed as will Tir na Og.  Carey will be hard to stop if they back into gear again.  both sections still tough to call.

Who was the ref in the Glenarm match Girt?  he must have been getting a bit of the famous feystown hospitality..  who got the red anyway?

girt_giggler

C Matthews & C McNeill. Cunning from Dunloy was referee.

North Antrim

Took in the u-21 semi final on saturday night. Dunloy stole it at the end. Loughgiel main man dim Laverty was suspended and dunloy dominated first half but only went in 3 points ahead. At that stage i couldnt see anyway back for the bodies as dunloy had the breeze but fair play to them. they totally dominated the second half and went 2 up into injury time bore their keeper let in 2 howlers!! :D Anyway we play dunloy in 3 weeks time in the final. Will we beat them?? Hopefully. Shorty was really poor the other night and with him up against Neal McAuley i would fancy us to dominate that battle. Our defencer is sound enough. Its whether our forward line can get the scores. Woodys son had a great game at full back so Stephen McGarry will need to be on his game.

johnnies had a big win yesterday.......puts serious pressure on us to come out of the group. I was hoping Rossa wud win but we have to go to corrigan park which will be daunting......

Carey had a great win considering there injury crisis.......the aul wiley mickey dallat can work miracles!!!!!

milltown row

north antrim, i was umpiring your game against Rossa at Casement, fully expected a big win for Ballycastle, everyone of your lads were 6ft plus but untill the last 5 minutes Rossa were still in the game. rossa won a lot of breaking ball and dirty ball and had pace which made life difficult for your back line. Rossa seemed to have men injured (though they played on) during the game. but you finally put them away with 6 unanswered points.

haven't seen Dunloy but have seen enough of loughgiel over the years at under 21 so Dunloy would be firm favourites  i'd say.

North Antrim

Fair point Miltown - however i just feel that loughguile wudnt be as strong this year at this level and although dunloy will prob start favourites Id fancy our boys. If its played in casement we cud struggle cos of pace, but i wud think they will play it in loughgiel which will suit uor big players - who are good hurlers but as you pointed out lack pace

podge

Cunning is a good ref so he must have been taking some lip to red card a man after the whistle...

saw the b'castle u21 game v rossa.  there would need to be some serious imporvement if they are to win it..  in fariness, i thought s mc garry had a good game at full forward and at 11 when he moved out.  he was out in front to most balls.

was not a bit strange that ryan donnelly didn;t start but maybe he was injured?

youngfella

who is managing the towns under 21's this year?? If that match was on in casement i'd fly over to see it !!

good to hear steven mc garrys name being mentioned again the town need a tallysman.

whens the next round of senior championship?? close to the under 21 final?

jaysus we could win this
Pull hard and early

Give-it-Timber

god guys this place has got very quiet, dont tell me you guys are doing something really stupid like working  ???

so what SHC matches are on tommorrow night, any predictions?

ps any reports on the St Johns - Rossa game last Sunday?

girt_giggler

Not too much predicting to do. comfortable wins for Dunloy, Loughgiel & Cushendall

youngfella

forgive me i dont have the irish news, but what are the fixtures?
Pull hard and early

girt_giggler

Dunloy v L Dhearg
Loughgiel v Glenariffe
Gort na Mona v Cushendall