Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2020, 06:22:12 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 28, 2020, 06:14:30 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 28, 2020, 04:59:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2020, 04:45:30 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 28, 2020, 04:13:15 PM
I see Barcelona have stepped into the Bruno Fernandes transfer story....is Woodward just completely shit at this?

Impossible to encourage better players to a club sitting mid table, you only have to look at the players Souness and Roy brought to Liverpool

I thought it was simply a case of United throwing as much money as they liked at players and they'd join no matter what?

A myth not even Ferguson could always get who he wanted for example Ronaldinho,Shearer went elsewhere but like Klopp now at Liverpool he had good recruitment that meant more gems than duds were signed. And yes Woodward is completely shit at this.

The player has agreed personal terms with United. United are stalling on the asking price. Apparently Sporting are cash strapped and need money ASAP and the banker is playing hardball. Looks like it may be backfiring.....not that Woodworm really gives a sh1t....

I always thought people desperate for money didn't play hardball!?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2020, 06:22:12 PM
I see Barcelona have stepped into the Bruno Fernandes transfer story....is Woodward just completely shit at this?

Impossible to encourage better players to a club sitting mid table, you only have to look at the players Souness and Roy brought to Liverpool

I thought it was simply a case of United throwing as much money as they liked at players and they'd join no matter what?

A myth not even Ferguson could always get who he wanted for example Ronaldinho,Shearer went elsewhere but like Klopp now at Liverpool he had good recruitment that meant more gems than duds were signed. And yes Woodward is completely shit at this.

The player has agreed personal terms with United. United are stalling on the asking price. Apparently Sporting are cash strapped and need money ASAP and the banker is playing hardball. Looks like it may be backfiring.....not that Woodworm really gives a sh1t....

Unnecessary haggling by Woodward, and now has come with increased offer when Barcelona declared an interest and a offer that Sporting seem happy with.

A deal that should have been done at the start of this month and then focus on bringing in another two players during this window.

seafoid

Woodward is an investment banker. He wouldn't be let anywhere near an intercounty hurling team yet he is right at the heart of things in one of the biggest soccer clubs in the world.
It's dangerous to be innocent cos you're the victim every time. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

Seems it's going to happen tomorrow at long last. Could have done with him a few weeks ago but anyway, better late than never. Still need two more at least.

GJL

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2020, 09:22:57 PM
Seems it's going to happen tomorrow at long last. Could have done with him a few weeks ago but anyway, better late than never. Still need two more at least.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11920170/bruno-fernandes-manchester-united-agree-68m-fee-for-sporting-lisbon-midfielder

Yes seems it is happening after all.

Be interesting to see if there are any more before window closes. Really need at least a striker to cover for injuries.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Disgraceful behaviour if this is true. Attacking a man in his family home over bad decisions he has made at a football club is idiotic behaviour and sets a dangerous precedent. If the chants about hoping that he dies weren't bad enough this is taking it to another level.

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2020, 10:44:06 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 28, 2020, 10:30:41 PM
Going too far if true.

https://twitter.com/MadmanMason3/status/1222261928485171207

Hopefully like these fuckwits if caught they'll be charged and banned from all grounds

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6923229/amp/Young-Chelsea-supporter-left-needing-aid-treatment-Liverpool-fans-threw-smoke-bomb.html

Both sc**bag acts and hopefully, justice was and is served but why the need to trawl back to previous events involving another team is childish, whataboutery, and bordering on obsessive. Maybe I missed it, but did you post about this when it actually happened?

laoislad

Manchester United have released a statement saying anyone identified will be punished by giving them a free season ticket to Old Trafford for life.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jeepers Creepers

Stupid act but did I not read earlier in the week Woodward had asked Sun journalistS to do a bit of PR for him? And who is first to break the story?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on January 29, 2020, 01:10:33 AM
Going too far if true.

Hopefully like these fuckwits if caught they'll be charged and banned from all grounds

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6923229/amp/Young-Chelsea-supporter-left-needing-aid-treatment-Liverpool-fans-threw-smoke-bomb.html

Both sc**bag acts and hopefully, justice was and is served but why the need to trawl back to previous events involving another team is childish, whataboutery, and bordering on obsessive. Maybe I missed it, but did you post about this when it actually happened?

Liverpool fans coming onto the Utd thread posting up stuff that other supporters have done already last year, and I'm being obsessive? Christ the night lad wind your neck in, the things are very much related (flares and smoke bombs being thrown dangerously)  I've expressed that they be banned and charged just like they were asked to be by another club back then.

No trawling either it was all over the news back then and no one really gave it a mention, but this has, strange obsession that.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2020, 08:43:04 AM
Going too far if true.

Liverpool fans coming onto the Utd thread posting up stuff that other supporters have done already last year, and I'm being obsessive? Christ the night lad wind your neck in, the things are very much related (flares and smoke bombs being thrown dangerously)  I've expressed that they be banned and charged just like they were asked to be by another club back then.

No trawling either it was all over the news back then and no one really gave it a mention, but this has, strange obsession that.

Flares at games is common (Albeit dangerous and stupid). United have been involved in these sort of things as well and I don't recall any liverpool fan running to make comment. 

The below from a few seasons ago.

Manchester United top a Premier League table of incidents involving fans lighting flares during the current season – according to new police figures.

Figures released by the UK Football Policing Unit show United fans have been involved in five incidents of lighting flares during the current campaign.

The table shows United have seen the most incidents in the top-flight along with Everton.

Flares at games is definitely something that should be condemned. But as usually you got all riled up about someone posting something negative about a team you don't support and dived right into a bit of whataboutery instead of just condemning the incident.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 29, 2020, 09:02:20 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2020, 08:43:04 AM
Going too far if true.

Flares at games is common (Albeit dangerous and stupid). United have been involved in these sort of things as well and I don't recall any liverpool fan running to make comment. 

The below from a few seasons ago.

Manchester United top a Premier League table of incidents involving fans lighting flares during the current season – according to new police figures.

Figures released by the UK Football Policing Unit show United fans have been involved in five incidents of lighting flares during the current campaign.

The table shows United have seen the most incidents in the top-flight along with Everton.

Flares at games is definitely something that should be condemned. But as usually you got all riled up about someone posting something negative about a team you don't support and dived right into a bit of whataboutery instead of just condemning the incident.

No I didn't, I think you'll find a Liverpool fan nearly creamed his pants to get a post on the Utd thread about dirt bags throwing flares at this mans home, though maybe not as quick to post about the headers that threw a smoke bomb into the away section and injured a 9 year old lad with special needs at Anfield.

Maroon Manc

A few idiots turned up at Woodwards out and threw a couple of flares into the grounds of the house when he wasn't there. As far as I know Woodward has a house in London where his wife and kids spend most of the time.

For those who don't know Woodward has employed in the last few weeks Neil Ashton a big name journo as a PR guru. Ashton's mates in the media have been busy in recent weeks coming to the defence of Woodward, thankfully the majority of United fans with a brain see through their nonsense. Once again their all blowing last nights events out of proportion with the claims his house was under attack.