Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

nrico2006

Another underwhelming link.  Unreal the number of average UK players or UK based players United have been linked with the past few years.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: NAG1 on January 31, 2020, 10:13:50 AM
Thoughts on King?

Not even the best striker in Bournemouth. Callum Wilson is better, King's the bog standard journey man type striker.

HiMucker

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 31, 2020, 10:33:08 AM
Another underwhelming link.  Unreal the number of average UK players or UK based players United have been linked with the past few years.
King is Norwegian actually. Didnt know that myself until today

TabClear

Unfortunately the reality of the January window, very difficult to pick up a top level striker just to cover an injury. Spurs are having the same problem. King would effectively be backup to Greenwood in my opinion.

quit yo jibbajabba

Skysports currently trying to big him up "has a little bit of everything"........he doesnt even start all the time for Bournemouth lads

oakleaflad

Only reason King is being linked is that he worked under Solskjaer before with United's reserve team. Solskjaer today said that he doesn't expect there to be any more deals.

rodney trotter

Plus he's Norwegian. Bournemouth struggling to stay, no sense for them to sell him with no time to replace him.

Joeythelips

Who should they sign? Harry Kane? United are currently not a big draw for top players apart from ones who seek a big wage increase. United are a big club in reputation only, they have an average squad of players with an unproven manager who will most likely once again fail to make the top top 4.

United are currently desperate for a striker due to Rashford's injury and the replacement they have is Mason Greenwood, a decent young player but you could certainly argue Josh King is a better player than him.

nrico2006

I know he is Norwegian, hence the UK based players bit.  Point is that he is an average striker who shouldn't even be on United's radar - why have they not made a big effort to sell Cavani?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 31, 2020, 01:52:02 PM
I know he is Norwegian, hence the UK based players bit.  Point is that he is an average striker who shouldn't even be on United's radar - why have they not made a big effort to sell Cavani?

This is what happens when you desperately need a striker are there aren't any of quality available. And if there are they are not prepared to go to Utd (Cavani).

Geoff Tipps

Scrambling around on transfer deadline day looking to pick up any bang average striker available sums up United's current plight.

Square Ball

From The BBC
CONFIRMED: Manchester United are in talks to sign Odion Ighalo from Shanghai Shenhua.

One complication is that the Nigerian is currently in China, not in the UK as some reports suggest 🤔🤷‍♂️. No idea who he is to be honest
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

rodney trotter

He was good with Watford, but that's 3 years ago. It seemed a waste when he went to China in his prime, ala Oscar, . 

Boycey

Seems to be a done deal, makes more sense to me than the Joshua King one....

Will probably have to go into quarantine when he lands  ;D