Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 29, 2020, 09:50:31 AM
A few idiots turned up at Woodwards out and threw a couple of flares into the grounds of the house when he wasn't there. As far as I know Woodward has a house in London where his wife and kids spend most of the time.

For those who don't know Woodward has employed in the last few weeks Neil Ashton a big name journo as a PR guru. Ashton's mates in the media have been busy in recent weeks coming to the defence of Woodward, thankfully the majority of United fans with a brain see through their nonsense. Once again their all blowing last nights events out of proportion with the claims his house was under attack.

Doesn't really excuse it though, does it.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2020, 09:39:42 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 29, 2020, 09:02:20 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2020, 08:43:04 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 29, 2020, 01:10:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2020, 10:44:06 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 28, 2020, 10:30:41 PM
Going too far if true.

https://twitter.com/MadmanMason3/status/1222261928485171207

Hopefully like these fuckwits if caught they'll be charged and banned from all grounds

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6923229/amp/Young-Chelsea-supporter-left-needing-aid-treatment-Liverpool-fans-threw-smoke-bomb.html

Both sc**bag acts and hopefully, justice was and is served but why the need to trawl back to previous events involving another team is childish, whataboutery, and bordering on obsessive. Maybe I missed it, but did you post about this when it actually happened?

Liverpool fans coming onto the Utd thread posting up stuff that other supporters have done already last year, and I'm being obsessive? Christ the night lad wind your neck in, the things are very much related (flares and smoke bombs being thrown dangerously)  I've expressed that they be banned and charged just like they were asked to be by another club back then.

No trawling either it was all over the news back then and no one really gave it a mention, but this has, strange obsession that.

Flares at games is common (Albeit dangerous and stupid). United have been involved in these sort of things as well and I don't recall any liverpool fan running to make comment. 

The below from a few seasons ago.

Manchester United top a Premier League table of incidents involving fans lighting flares during the current season – according to new police figures.

Figures released by the UK Football Policing Unit show United fans have been involved in five incidents of lighting flares during the current campaign.

The table shows United have seen the most incidents in the top-flight along with Everton.

Flares at games is definitely something that should be condemned. But as usually you got all riled up about someone posting something negative about a team you don't support and dived right into a bit of whataboutery instead of just condemning the incident.

No I didn't, I think you'll find a Liverpool fan nearly creamed his pants to get a post on the Utd thread about dirt bags throwing flares at this mans home, though maybe not as quick to post about the headers that threw a smoke bomb into the away section and injured a 9 year old lad with special needs at Anfield.

Hardly creamed his pants. It was all over the news. I don't remember the Liverpool incident even being reported. I've checked ITV and BBC and nothing on either. Not a big reader of the daily mail if I'm honest. But now that you raise it, it should absolutely be condemned.

It's comical to see you running in to defend a team you "don't support" with whataboutery.  ;D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 29, 2020, 10:53:05 AM
Going too far if true.

Hopefully like these fuckwits if caught they'll be charged and banned from all grounds

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6923229/amp/Young-Chelsea-supporter-left-needing-aid-treatment-Liverpool-fans-threw-smoke-bomb.html

Both sc**bag acts and hopefully, justice was and is served but why the need to trawl back to previous events involving another team is childish, whataboutery, and bordering on obsessive. Maybe I missed it, but did you post about this when it actually happened?

Liverpool fans coming onto the Utd thread posting up stuff that other supporters have done already last year, and I'm being obsessive? Christ the night lad wind your neck in, the things are very much related (flares and smoke bombs being thrown dangerously)  I've expressed that they be banned and charged just like they were asked to be by another club back then.

No trawling either it was all over the news back then and no one really gave it a mention, but this has, strange obsession that.

Flares at games is common (Albeit dangerous and stupid). United have been involved in these sort of things as well and I don't recall any liverpool fan running to make comment. 

Manchester United top a Premier League table of incidents involving fans lighting flares during the current season – according to new police figures.

Figures released by the UK Football Policing Unit show United fans have been involved in five incidents of lighting flares during the current campaign.

The table shows United have seen the most incidents in the top-flight along with Everton.

Flares at games is definitely something that should be condemned. But as usually you got all riled up about someone posting something negative about a team you don't support and dived right into a bit of whataboutery instead of just condemning the incident.

No I didn't, I think you'll find a Liverpool fan nearly creamed his pants to get a post on the Utd thread about dirt bags throwing flares at this mans home, though maybe not as quick to post about the headers that threw a smoke bomb into the away section and injured a 9 year old lad with special needs at Anfield.

Hardly creamed his pants. It was all over the news. I don't remember the Liverpool incident even being reported. I've checked ITV and BBC and nothing on either. Not a big reader of the daily mail if I'm honest. But now that you raise it, it should absolutely be condemned.

It's comical to see you running in to defend a team you "don't support" with whataboutery.  ;D

I first seen it on here, not the news, I think he's big enough and ugly enough to defend himself and he threw up the link before anyone else. Obsession certainly on his part  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2020, 12:06:31 PM
Going too far if true.

I first seen it on here, not the news, I think he's big enough and ugly enough to defend himself and he threw up the link before anyone else. Obsession certainly on his part  ;)

Posting a current news story = obsession
Performing an internet search to find a similar ish story to deflect current news story = Normal.

:o
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

magpie seanie

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 29, 2020, 10:48:43 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 29, 2020, 09:50:31 AM
A few idiots turned up at Woodwards out and threw a couple of flares into the grounds of the house when he wasn't there. As far as I know Woodward has a house in London where his wife and kids spend most of the time.

For those who don't know Woodward has employed in the last few weeks Neil Ashton a big name journo as a PR guru. Ashton's mates in the media have been busy in recent weeks coming to the defence of Woodward, thankfully the majority of United fans with a brain see through their nonsense. Once again their all blowing last nights events out of proportion with the claims his house was under attack.

Doesn't really excuse it though, does it.

Quite clearly he wasn't excusing it "a few idiots". Merely adding a bit of proportionality to it.

Obvious the PR guys have been swinging into gear with all the "journalists" suddenly hearing the words to songs sung in grounds.

GetOverTheBar

Yes, but songs about burning people one week....idiots as you point out turning up with flares to a house....which can burn....the next

You see where this is going.

It's inexcusable, now the likelihood that anything would have developed further is slim. But if this isn't nipped in the bud soon, it sets a dangerous tone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 29, 2020, 01:03:35 PM
Yes, but songs about burning people one week....idiots as you point out turning up with flares to a house....which can burn....the next

It's inexcusable, now the likelihood that anything would have developed further is slim. But if this isn't nipped in the bud soon, it sets a dangerous tone.

Could have been a group of lads employed by the PR company.....

Geoff Tipps

Going too far if true.

Just seeing these now. Sorry MR2, I won't post any topical United related stories in this thread henceforth.
You've worked yourself up into a terrible state  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 29, 2020, 02:39:43 PM
Going too far if true.

Just seeing these now. Sorry MR2, I won't post any topical United related stories in this thread henceforth.
You've worked yourself up into a terrible state  ;D

Ok, promise?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dire Ear

Having the last word is closely associated with ego. Egomaniacs always have to have the last word. It gives them a feeling of power, as if they immediate draw all of the power of the person they are communicating with and become powerful due to it

Maroon Manc

I've got more of an issue that so many United fans haven't a clue the destruction the Glazers and Woodward have caused at the club, one season ticker holder on the radio this morning claimed to be severely embarrassment by what went on last night and didn't know whether Woodward was doing a good or bad job; Think its fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain he's performing badly but unfortunately she's not the only season ticket holder who's oblivious to whats going on. Its become a fashion accessory these days having a season ticket for a big club, 95% of lads I know who would have been United regulars just don't go anymore.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 29, 2020, 01:13:56 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 29, 2020, 01:03:35 PM

Could have been a group of lads employed by the PR company.....
Do you really believe that..?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Anybody interested that we actually bought a player at all?? Or are we waiting for Gary Lineker or Piers Morgan or some other eejit to tell us whether we should outraged or not

I despair of the world nowadays I really do 

Oh yeah, welcome Bruno  :)

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on January 29, 2020, 05:53:03 PM
Anybody interested that we actually bought a player at all?? Or are we waiting for Gary Lineker or Piers Morgan or some other eejit to tell us whether we should outraged or not

I despair of the world nowadays I really do 

Oh yeah, welcome Bruno  :)

Anybody interested in a semi final against your city rivals??

Boycey

Not much interest in any of the tonight's matches it seems