Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 28, 2018, 11:25:41 PM
Where is the video referee in the premier league?
It was a clear dive.
Gana got a touch on ball, Martial kept going saw the ball was heading away and dived
Why wasn't smalling given 2nd yellow card for Everton peno?

Agreed on both points, but the ref calls it there and a penalty bought!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2018, 11:31:23 PM
It was a clear dive.
Gana got a touch on ball, Martial kept going saw the ball was heading away and dived

In other news, what is lukaku eating? He must be changing to a rugby player

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 29, 2018, 12:39:11 AM
It was a clear dive.

Seen a photo of him when he first signed for the EPL, WTF!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleaflad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2018, 10:01:15 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 29, 2018, 12:39:11 AM
It was a clear dive.

Seen a photo of him when he first signed for the EPL, WTF!

He was 18 then, sure he's only filling out  ;)

Maroon Manc

Didn't see any of the game midweek so have no idea what went on. From the 20th minute until Lukaku came on United were very good, Martial & Pogba were both brilliant although will Pogba ever learn to stop the messing around halfway inside his own half. Lindelof played well and thought his distribution on the ball was better then it was a few weeks ago. Fred looked better too although Matic again was poor, gets caught in possession far too often in dangerous positions. Smalling is an idiot, time and time again he gives the ball away needlessly then he pulls a stunt like that. He's out of contract at the end of the season and I hope thats the end of him at OT.

I was impressed with Lukaku last season but he's come back from the world cup and looked awful, looks overweight and his lack of movement really affects the team. Rashford was average enough but his movement and some of his one touch passes brought the best out in Mata, Martial & Pogba, he has to start next Saturday. I was hoping to see Sanchez come on yesterday, think he's benefit from playing in the team without Lukaku.

It looks like the penny has dropped for Martial just like it did for Shaw. Mourinho was heavily criticised for his treatment of both players but perhaps there was method to his madness.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 29, 2018, 10:33:38 AM
Didn't see any of the game midweek so have no idea what went on. From the 20th minute until Lukaku came on United were very good, Martial & Pogba were both brilliant although will Pogba ever learn to stop the messing around halfway inside his own half. Lindelof played well and thought his distribution on the ball was better then it was a few weeks ago. Fred looked better too although Matic again was poor, gets caught in possession far too often in dangerous positions. Smalling is an idiot, time and time again he gives the ball away needlessly then he pulls a stunt like that. He's out of contract at the end of the season and I hope thats the end of him at OT.

I was impressed with Lukaku last season but he's come back from the world cup and looked awful, looks overweight and his lack of movement really affects the team. Rashford was average enough but his movement and some of his one touch passes brought the best out in Mata, Martial & Pogba, he has to start next Saturday. I was hoping to see Sanchez come on yesterday, think he's benefit from playing in the team without Lukaku.

It looks like the penny has dropped for Martial just like it did for Shaw. Mourinho was heavily criticised for his treatment of both players but perhaps there was method to his madness.

I was in full agreement until your last two sentences. Martial was doing this last season as well and then Jose went and bought Sanchez. He has gone back to Martial and swallowed his pride because he wants to keep his job/realises he's not getting sacked (after an interlude where he downed tools). Lindelof, Shaw and Martial (even Pogba) - players he didn't rate and wanted rid of at the start of the season - are leading the recent improved run. Lukaku, Matic - his generals - among the worst.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 30, 2018, 09:41:43 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 29, 2018, 10:33:38 AM

I was in full agreement until your last two sentences. Martial was doing this last season as well and then Jose went and bought Sanchez. He has gone back to Martial and swallowed his pride because he wants to keep his job/realises he's not getting sacked (after an interlude where he downed tools). Lindelof, Shaw and Martial (even Pogba) - players he didn't rate and wanted rid of at the start of the season - are leading the recent improved run. Lukaku, Matic - his generals - among the worst.

Shaw is very unprofessional and has been since day one and Martial has been a miserable sod around the training ground well before Sanchez turned up. Martial was superb considering his age during his first season but has been very inconsistent since which you can sort of understand given he's still young and United aren't a top side. The biggest issue I have is his workrate, he doesn't work hard enough and there's been signs of improvement in that the last few games and I think most of us will agree he'd prefer playing with Rashford than Lukaku.

Matic is a huge disappointment, really needs to improve his performances. You have a problem with everything Mourinho does Seanie, you'd never give him credit for everything. I thought he was a goner a few weeks ago but I'm not sure now, even the couple of lads I know who want rid of him have agreed they really enjoyed watching United for long periods during the last 3 league games for the first time in over a year.

Boycey

I didn't see MNF last night but have seen clips of Carragher and Neville this morning. It's easy to see why a manager might get annoyed with Martial but that doesn't always fit the agenda  :)

stiffler

A big 3 points for Utd to move up to 7th in the table.

Grinding out the results.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cunny Funt

Good away win for United against in form side that hadn't lost at home this season and hadn't conceded a goal in their last number of matches. It was a game of two halves Bournemouth the best side in the 1st half and United the best in 2nd half and on the balance of play a draw probably would have been a fair result.

GJL

Utd look a lot more dangerous with Lukaku out of the team with Sanchez looking better and Martial is on fire. Still terrible in defence. Hopefully that will be addressed in the winter window. City next in the league. Could be messy.

under the bar

Quote from: GJL on November 03, 2018, 05:08:00 PM
Utd look a lot more dangerous with Lukaku out of the team with Sanchez looking better and Martial is on fire. Still terrible in defence. Hopefully that will be addressed in the winter window. City next in the league. Could be messy.
Quote from: GJL on November 03, 2018, 05:08:00 PM

Possibly but Jose has dominated Guardiola in the EPL in head to heads.

maldini

Jose's beat him once in 4 games in the EPL
Hardly a domination

magpie seanie

Good to see a nice run of wins and a bit of fight in the team. Away supporters absolutely fantastic as usual. Martial and Rashford are the future of the club....they're not perfect but they can grow and develop.

Maroon Manc

4th league in a row where we've played some brilliant football for 45 minutes unfortunately the other 45 minutes we've been poor for the most parts; United don't need to be brilliant for 90 minutes but can't go on having such shocking periods in the game.

Lindelof starting to look the part, doing far better in possession then the donkey beside him. Matic was very poor for the majority of that game whilst Pogba strolled through that 1st half. Fred's passing was poor but he regained possession on at least 5 or 6 occasions and 3 of those were only 30 yards from goals. United had already started to dominate prior to Herrera coming on; Fred was nowhere near as bad as Jenas made out. I'd start Herrera ahead of Matic as he's been very average for the last 12 months.