Dirua

Started by drici, July 01, 2016, 09:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 12, 2016, 05:43:17 PM
So whats the spike and fall about the day there?

IS the spike caused by speculators getting wind of the fall and then buying up sterling?

Sterling didn't spike today, it fell fairly smoothly throughout the day. Newry retailers are ordering extra Christmas stock.
The dollar did spike though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

drici

drici

drici

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

drici

drici

Rois

Quote from: gallsman on August 03, 2016, 09:22:00 PM
All of you doing any sterling/euro currency exchange or going on holidays:

Revolut
Used the card for the first time today, super job, thanks for the tip.
Will be using on my upcoming trip to the US as well when I can bear to buy currency at the current rate. Luckily have a load of Euro we can exchange first, but Revolut will be called on at the outlet malls.

drici

gallsman

Quote from: Rois on August 16, 2016, 06:04:00 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 03, 2016, 09:22:00 PM
All of you doing any sterling/euro currency exchange or going on holidays:

Revolut
Used the card for the first time today, super job, thanks for the tip.
Will be using on my upcoming trip to the US as well when I can bear to buy currency at the current rate. Luckily have a load of Euro we can exchange first, but Revolut will be called on at the outlet malls.

No problem, I've been preaching it for months. Brilliant service.

A few other tips:

Have currency converted to dollars in advance so you don't lose out on the weaker weekend rate.

Always pay in the local currency - if you choose to pay in GBP or EUR in the US for example, the rate you get offered is the shitty bank rate with a wee cut for the merchant added in on top. If you select USD, that exact figure will get deducted from either your Revolut USD balance or, if you have insufficient USD, deducted from your GBP or EUR balance using Revolut's rate.

TD Bank do not apparently charge for cash withdrawals. 750 USD monthly withdrawl limit before Revolut start applying a 2% fee so make sure the two of you set yourselves up with accounts so you can double up.

drici

drici

drici

Quote from: hardstation on August 18, 2016, 03:02:07 PM

So it drops and drops until I go to Donegal for the weekend and goes back up when I come back.

At least you didn't give the flower pots a tanking over it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/warrant-for-arrest-of-fr-ted-actor-gerard-mcsorley-1.2719180

drici

drici