The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eastie

Henderson wasn't too bad, Liverpool right backs play right up and I don't think he had the pace to track back leaving that back post exposed. Passed very well in the first half but no real threat except for mane at times. Really would like to see gini attack more like he done for Newcastle, every time he gets into a threatening position he seems to just square the ball across. Robbo done well in the first half going forward but limited in the second half. Bobby worked hard off the ball but other than that a very frustrating evening. Also salah going down very easy but ref reluctant with any call, then with keita decision he was never going to give it.

Hound

Apart from near giving me a heart attack when I thought he was trying to give away a penalty in the first few minutes and a stupid back heel that resulted in a yellow for Matip, I thought Hendo did well at right back. I don't think TAA would make us the least bit more solid at the back.
Matip was ok, definitely prefer to Lovren, but Gomez will be a big step up.
Virgil had a poor enough game, for him. Left Maguire alone for the goal and again in the second half for what could/should have been another. Distribution below his usual level.
Robbo's foul at the end of the first half is the stupidest thing he's ever done in the jersey.

I don't think it was a particularly bad performance. Similar to a lot of games we've played this year, except for the 2 individual mistakes that cost us a goal. Without those costly errors, I think we would have been far more likely to score in the second half as Leicester took more risks.
Still, could easily have sneaked a 2-1 win with the peno and Lallana had a great chance near to end to pull back to a free Sturridge for a tap-in, but Evans just got a block in. Didn't show a replay so not sure if it was a poor pass or good defending.

But between Palace and Leicester games, 4 points is arguably the most we deserved.

The next game is the big one!

Carmen Stateside

Disappointing to only draw.  On another night with a competent ref it could have been 3-1.  On the plus side it was a point gained on City.  It must be remembered that Leicester beat City earlier in season, and they did indeed play well last night.  City have a couple of tough ones coming up while Liverpool have West Ham Monday were they have had a decent record lately.  Be hopeful of stretching the gap especially going on Citys performance Tuesday

Carmen Stateside

I know its a long shot but would anyone know of any spares for West Ham on monday night ? going to be in London so i was planning on going.  Can get for home end but I'm afraid of my emotions drawing attention to me in the off chance Liverpool might score :-\ or would you be safe enough?

supersub

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 31, 2019, 09:24:16 AM
Is undersoil heating a thing of the past? Saw a good bit of the game last night and was surprised to see so much snow still on the pitch. Might have looked worse than it was but it defintely seemed to slow the ball down.

The snow only fell less than an hour before the game which is why it was still on the surface.

TabClear

Defensive problems mounting up. Gomez and lovern both have had set backs apparently and won't be back for West Ham and taa still out.  Talk about Gomez needing surgery. Clyne decision looking ill advised now

Boycey

Quote from: supersub on February 02, 2019, 08:24:04 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 31, 2019, 09:24:16 AM
Is undersoil heating a thing of the past? Saw a good bit of the game last night and was surprised to see so much snow still on the pitch. Might have looked worse than it was but it defintely seemed to slow the ball down.

The snow only fell less than an hour before the game which is why it was still on the surface.

It only fell in one half too apparently  :)

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

trailer

Klopp not happy with Kyle Walker's tweet. Liverpool cracks starting to show. Not sure if they have the mental strength for the run in.

Over the Bar

Quote from: trailer on February 02, 2019, 01:04:13 PM
Klopp not happy with Kyle Walker's tweet. Liverpool cracks starting to show. Not sure if they have the mental strength for the run in.

Nonsense. They just have to treat every match like a cup final. Klopp doesn't lose many cup finals!? ;D

From the Bunker

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 03, 2019, 01:45:46 AM
Quote from: trailer on February 02, 2019, 01:04:13 PM

Nonsense. They just have to treat every match like a cup final. Klopp doesn't lose many cup finals!? ;D

But he does know how to win leagues! :)

dec

quit yo jibbajabba

Big night for Keita. Ive said that before.

Big night for Lallana. Im not hopeful..

gawa316

Dropping like flies with Hendo and Gini out with minor injuries

Milltown Row2

If Liverpool score early then they should put it to bed before halftime.. title aspirations on the line tonight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea