?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

From the Bunker

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 03, 2019, 07:05:43 PM
Rangers are the most successful club in Scotland. They win another league and they have 55. Sure FaiFA clarified this a few years ago.

In 2011 it was Rangers 54 Celtic 42. Celtic are on 49 now soon to be 50! The end is near. Rangers have a shared title with Dumbarton so their number of 54 is really 53.5!  ;)

trailer

Some posters really embarrassing themselves on this thread. Whataboutery isn't a great defence.

tonto1888

Quote from: michaelg on March 02, 2019, 06:32:23 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 02, 2019, 08:15:10 AM
Quote from: michaelg on March 01, 2019, 11:37:58 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2019, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 10:13:33 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 08:57:39 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 08:19:45 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 07:22:37 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 07:09:36 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 03:15:12 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 02:43:06 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 28, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 28, 2019, 01:12:37 PM
I don't mind Celtic. Good luck to them etc. But this blind faith, more than a club, we're a big Irish parish, Rodgers is a cheating sex addict shite is embarrassing. They're a football business.
There's also a huge sectarian element that's just glossed over. Both Celtic and Rangers feed off this to try and generate profits, which makes me a little uneasy.

You obviously don't know much about Celtics's history then.

What part is he wrong about? He's right about clubs having major issues with sectarian abuse towards opposing teams. Only this week I listened to scottish journalist discussing the issue. Steve Clarke had problems with sectarian abuse from Rangers fans and Kris Boyd got sectarian abuse from Celtic fans. Neither club seems to be doing anything to try and stamp it out and its always been there. You only have to see the poisonous atmosphere at old firm games on the tv no matter who's at home. One reason why I try to discourage my son from watching Celtic or scottish football
maybe do your research before posting such uninformed statements.

That's like saying you wouldn't let your son support Dublin in Gaelic football because they are known to be drunk, tattoo wielding, dole cheating , drug involved scumbags

If you don't like Celtic that's fine.
Interesting you are posting your ill informed misinformed statements on a Celtic thread

So youre saying the main sports writer for a scottish newspaper, steve clarke and Kris Boyd are all wrong and sectarianism doesn't exist in scottish football. I mean, maybe you're right. What would they know. They only live in scotland and either play for report on or mangage scottish premier league teams. As someone who lives in Ireland I assume you clearly understand how things work in scotland and scottish football far better.
I'm pointing out the facile examples you put up.

If the culprits were caught would they face charges of sectarianism for throwing a coin?
No. It's assault or attempted asset.

Your point about neither club ( in fact most clubs in Scotland)
Doing anything about it is also 100%  incorrect.
Go check your facts.

I didn't say sectarianism didnt exist- hence my point that Scottish clubs are trying to take measures to address it.

You don't like Celtic. Fine. But would you believe the bs from journalists about the drunken dubs fans, the drugs being taken on hill 16, poisonous atmosphere from hill 16 etc etc.. 
..would you believe that?
Would you stop your son going to croker and not support Dublin because you read that?

I was a Celtic season ticket holder for 10 years and get over to games every year. Never saw any issues.

You are still posting your ill informed carp on a Celtic thread...

If you don't like Celtic.. why bother reading this thread?

But theyre not addressing it. Steve Clarke is raising his kids outside of glasgow and is delighted they dont know what sectarianism is. That's a damning indictment of both clubs so called efforts to clean up their act. All this holier than thou nonsense and rubbish spouted that its not as bad as Liverpool ot Utd is just nonsense.

Why dont more Irish fans support Hibernian? Wasn't one of their founders an Irish man? Problem there is they arent as successful as Celtic and no bandwagon to jump aboard. If its one thing Irish fans do well is get behind a winning team

I won't resort to your level.

Go check it out.
All the Scottish clubs are a dressing it.

Get yiur head out of the sand

Just because you don't want to acknowledge it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
I'm sure the hooligan element is as bad if not worse in England.
.. songs about plane crashes, collapsing stadia and organised fighting after or before games...

Same thought process coukd be applied to 75% of Dublin fans... their ancestry is culchie... so surely they should be following leitrum or longford etc

Your arguments are without any research or understanding.

Plus again.. if you hate Celtic..  why comment here.
Your kid  has some role model... and is going to be  equally as socially ignorant and inept it would seem

Its as bad now as it was 20 years ago. Thats not me saying it thats scottish press who can look on it in a non biased way. Its farcical how Irish people, living in Ireland seem to think sectarianism isnt a big deal in scotland. Yet theyll criticise Liverpool and Utd fans and claim theyre worse for singing songs.

Im amazed Lennon went back to Celtic (and his family agreed) given all the s**te he had to deal with on and off the pitch. No amount of money is worth that. I cant belive hed want tje job on a full time basis (or his family would let him take it)

Scottish press impartial? Really?

I wouldn't trust the Scottish press at all. This is the press that printed a story with the tagging 'Barry Fergusson:my kids want to know why I'm being called an orange b**tard' with a photo showing Barry with said kids, one of whom is wearing a scarf with the words you can stick you rosary up your arse.

I'm a Celtic fan and I'm not blind. We have idiots in our support, the video posted above being an example. But the Scottish press label rebel songs as sectarian which they aren't. Their relevance at games is a different debate. I also lived in England for a long time and our fans are nowhere near the level of idiocy as English football fans
When you have had innocent family members killed by republican terrorists, I would beg to differ re Rebel songs not being sectarian

I am genuinely sorry to hear that Michael but which rebel songs donyou think are sectarian
Not that well up on my rebel.songs tbh. I just think it's totally unnecessary to sing songs that celebrates an organisation that killed so many innocent people. It's also totally unnecessary to sing such at a sporting event.

You have a good point. Completely different conversation tho

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on March 03, 2019, 08:31:48 PM
Some posters really embarrassing themselves on this thread. Whataboutery isn't a great defence.
Wow. Pot kettle and black

nrico2006

Quote from: Main Street on March 03, 2019, 07:08:24 PM
Rangers are the most successful club in Scotland. They win another league and they have 55. Sure FaiFA clarified this a few years ago.
Why would a fckwit like yourself pretend to know about Scotland's football league never mind care about it?

Anybody with half a brain wouldn't give a rats ass about the Scottish league and I couldn't care less either. Facts are facts though. Then again given where you are from its not surprising you have to hop on some bandwagon as thon shower of shiite that came to Omagh last week arent going to do anything serious anytime soon.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tonto1888

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 03, 2019, 09:03:43 PM
Why would a fckwit like yourself pretend to know about Scotland's football league never mind care about it?

Anybody with half a brain wouldn't give a rats ass about the Scottish league and I couldn't care less either. Facts are facts though. Then again given where you are from its not surprising you have to hop on some bandwagon as thon shower of shiite that came to Omagh last week arent going to do anything serious anytime soon.

Couldn't care less either. But care enough to come onto the Celtic thread to post about how much you don't care.

Dire Ear

Yip

trailer

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 03, 2019, 09:24:02 PM

Couldn't care less either. But care enough to come onto the Celtic thread to post about how much you don't care.

It's the f**king Celtic thread. Are you only allowed to post positive things about Celtic? No criticism allowed? You lads are very precious about a football business.

straightred

Did they now ? Have you got a link please ? Saying something over and over again will never make it true. They were liquidated and we all know that means. As i said previously their next title will be their first.

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on March 03, 2019, 09:28:59 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 03, 2019, 09:24:02 PM

It's the f**king Celtic thread. Are you only allowed to post positive things about Celtic? No criticism allowed? You lads are very precious about a football business.

And the point goes right over your head as usual

screenexile

Quote from: straightred on March 03, 2019, 09:41:15 PM

Did they now ? Have you got a link please ? Saying something over and over again will never make it true. They were liquidated and we all know that means. As i said previously their next title will be their first.

Yeah Rangers start from scratch . . . what planet are you on??? ::) ::) ::)

They play on the same pitch, have the same fans bear the same crest and name and jersey but they're a different club??

Just because you say it doesn't make it so!! Any regular person who isn't a Celtic fan recognises that to all intents and purposes it's the same club!!!

straightred

Quote from: screenexile on March 03, 2019, 11:23:34 PM

They play on the same pitch, have the same fans bear the same crest and name and jersey but they're a different club??

Just because you say it doesn't make it so!! Any regular person who isn't a Celtic fan recognises that to all intents and purposes it's the same club!!!

For all intents and purposes ? Is that all you've got. They were liquidated and left a pile of debts in their wake. They couldn't even pay the kids face painter 200 odd quid. They went out of business and no amount of history airbrushing can change that. Yes they have the same fans and grounds but that's it. When Celtic were at deaths door Fergus McCann and the fans dug deep, paid every penny to the debtors and survived. Rangers didn't and they (and their history) died. The tribute act (aka Sevco) played Aberdeen today.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: straightred on March 03, 2019, 11:35:40 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 03, 2019, 11:23:34 PM

For all intents and purposes ? Is that all you've got. They were liquidated and left a pile of debts in their wake. They couldn't even pay the kids face painter 200 odd quid. They went out of business and no amount of history airbrushing can change that. Yes they have the same fans and grounds but that's it. When Celtic were at deaths door Fergus McCann and the fans dug deep, paid every penny to the debtors and survived. Rangers didn't and they (and their history) died. The tribute act (aka Sevco) played Aberdeen today.
I find it amusing how people are so jealous of Celtic fc that they post such hilarious inane bullsiht!!!

ned

There's a lot of posters appear to be Scottish football experts all of a sudden.
I can assure you Aberdeen, Hibs Dundee Utd and even some Hearts fans feel the same way about the new incarnation of rangers.
It's the same tiresome nonsense on most of the threads here. For some reason, certain posters appear only to exist to antagonise.
It's boring and unimaginative. By all means post comment but at least do the research first.

nrico2006

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fifa-insist-rangers-same-football-5752723
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'