Stephen Nolan's £500k BBC Salary last year!

Started by T Fearon, July 19, 2017, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

I always laugh when I see the pay for our 'top stars'. I see some terrible broadcasters on the RTE list and the talk is that they get that because they are the best. But honestly I ask you in terms of BBC NI and RTE who is after these people.
Like Tubridy (495,000) and Joe Duffy (416,000) are on serious dosh here but if RTE said F off and we are cutting your wages they wouldn't have much places to go. TV3 can't afford them. The commercial radio stations don't have the cash either.

When I watch Nolan he seems a good man to get a row going but then can't really bring it down apart from being overbearing. I wouldn't rate him at all.
On an aside I am surprised Graham Norton is not on more. He is one lad who literally would have his pick of jobs.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 19, 2017, 06:14:15 PM
I always laugh when I see the pay for our 'top stars'. I see some terrible broadcasters on the RTE list and the talk is that they get that because they are the best. But honestly I ask you in terms of BBC NI and RTE who is after these people.
Like Tubridy (495,000) and Joe Duffy (416,000) are on serious dosh here but if RTE said F off and we are cutting your wages they wouldn't have much places to go. TV3 can't afford them. The commercial radio stations don't have the cash either.

When I watch Nolan he seems a good man to get a row going but then can't really bring it down apart from being overbearing. I wouldn't rate him at all.
On an aside I am surprised Graham Norton is not on more. He is one lad who literally would have his pick of jobs.

Norton has one regular show and the Eurovision Song Contest where like his Irish predecessor bigged up his country... GB and he's on twice the wage
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on July 19, 2017, 05:23:55 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 19, 2017, 03:44:35 PM
He did some sort of a program a few years ago when he came Dine Site. I thought he came across as a complete and utter tool - fcuk sake - he was acting as if he was Columbus exploring Amerikay.
He captured perfectly the generic greater Belfast Protestant/Unionist who not only think Ireland is a different country but is also part of a different dimension. These plonkers have seldom if at all set foot in "Ireland" except maybe to go to Dublin for a shopping trip or a weekend in Donegal. It's mind boggling how ignorant they are of the land mass on which they live

Plenty of Americans don't have a Passport or rarely leave their state... I'm sure plenty French and Spanish have no need to leave their land mass either!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 19, 2017, 06:29:02 PM
He did some sort of a program a few years ago when he came Dine Site. I thought he came across as a complete and utter tool - fcuk sake - he was acting as if he was Columbus exploring Amerikay.
He captured perfectly the generic greater Belfast Protestant/Unionist who not only think Ireland is a different country but is also part of a different dimension. These plonkers have seldom if at all set foot in "Ireland" except maybe to go to Dublin for a shopping trip or a weekend in Donegal. It's mind boggling how ignorant they are of the land mass on which they live

Plenty of Americans don't have a Passport or rarely leave their state... I'm sure plenty French and Spanish have no need to leave their land mass either!

Plenty of Americans would drive the distance from Belfast to the border to go to the shop.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gold

Totally agree
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on July 19, 2017, 06:32:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 19, 2017, 06:29:02 PM

Plenty of Americans would drive the distance from Belfast to the border to go to the shop.

Still don't leave their state though! Just filled car their now, 20 dollors!!

Wildweasel74

I think the bbc should have to privatise and make their own way like Itv; SKY etc; i pay tv license but dont watch BBC so whu should ihave tp pay sthing i dont and dont want to watch?

yellowcard

£1.8 million for Lineker presenting MOTD is mental.

Tony Baloney

Lineker and Huw Edwards read an autocue. Graham Norton's overall figure appears "low" as it doesn't include The Graham Norton show for which he is paid via a production company. Whether you like him or not he's chat show royalty compared to his peers.

michaelg

Quote from: yellowcard on July 19, 2017, 07:30:05 PM
Shearer's 4 hundred grand almost as bad!

yellowcard

Quote from: michaelg on July 19, 2017, 07:40:46 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 19, 2017, 07:30:05 PM
Shearer's 4 hundred grand almost as bad!

Proportionally not as bad given the minimal level of talent required to do Linekers job. Shearer is a woefully bland pundit though so you're right.

5 Sams

Makes you wonder what Sky are paying Gary Neville??
The Aristocrat Years

Gabriel_Hurl

It was reported he was getting 1.5m when he came back after his management stint. Thierry Henry is on 4m.

Lineker gets paid by BT as well for their CL coverage

Minder

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 19, 2017, 09:10:35 PM
It was reported he was getting 1.5m when he came back after his management stint. Thierry Henry is on 4m.

Lineker gets paid by BT as well for their CL coverage

Think Lineker works for one of the US channels too
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Walkers crisps would pay him a pound or two as well.