The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Hound on March 07, 2018, 01:58:07 PM
Quote from: Sweeper 123 on March 07, 2018, 01:39:39 PM
or just maybe he did nothing wrong and he just wants to tell what actually happened....
I think he had to take the stand because of the discrepancy between his police statement and what the witness saw. Without any explanation, the assumption would be he's lying. Now he'll put his story across and it'll be up to the jury to see who they think is mistaken or lying.

I'd imagine he'd come across reasonably well during defence questioning. But will be interesting to see how he copes with harder questions from the prosecution.

The @RosannaCooney twitter summary is much more comprehensive than Frank Greaney.

I concur. must be a faster typer. I was with Frank, but now im with Rosanna  :D

AQMP

Quote from: AQMP on March 07, 2018, 01:37:59 PM
Jackson's questioning by defence barrister Brendan Kelly (who's actually English) has finished.  Do the other defence barristers get a go at questioning him (say if he had dropped one of their clients in it) or is it the prosecution now?

The other defence barristers having a go now.

magpie seanie

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 07, 2018, 02:07:54 PM
Quote from: Hound on March 07, 2018, 01:58:07 PM
Quote from: Sweeper 123 on March 07, 2018, 01:39:39 PM
or just maybe he did nothing wrong and he just wants to tell what actually happened....
I think he had to take the stand because of the discrepancy between his police statement and what the witness saw. Without any explanation, the assumption would be he's lying. Now he'll put his story across and it'll be up to the jury to see who they think is mistaken or lying.

I'd imagine he'd come across reasonably well during defence questioning. But will be interesting to see how he copes with harder questions from the prosecution.

The @RosannaCooney twitter summary is much more comprehensive than Frank Greaney.

I concur. must be a faster typer. I was with Frank, but now im with Rosanna  :D

Much more detailed....thanks for the tip.

AQMP

Arthur Harvey QC for McIlroy is questioning Jackson:

Jackson has no reason to believe Blane McIlroy is lying or inventing anything but says that  "McIlroy was never in the room" and McIlroy's account of the complainant performing oral sex on him (McIlroy) while Jackson put his fingers inside her "didn't happen".

...so he is lying and inventing stuff then???

Hound

You'd have to wonder why McIlroy's barrister asked PJ any questions, given all the answers were making Blaine out to be a fibber!

Judging by all the texts etc, McIlroy comes across as a complete BS artist

Hound

Frank Greaney
Mr. Jackson says he also has no recollection of the woman performing oral sex on him (McIlroy). Again he says he has no reason to suppose he is lying about that

Rosanna Cooney
Jackson says that Blane McIIroy's account of the complainant performing oral sex on McIIroy while Jackson put his fingers inside the complainant "didn't happen".

That's two very different ways of describing the same question/answer!

AQMP

A video of Olding and McIlroy with their trousers down was posted to the WhatApp group on the night in question.

Milltown Row2

Jesus!!! this stuff is just going to blow up in everyones faces!

Where's the popcorn?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Jackson told the court earlier that he defined the term "spit-roast" as oral as one end and digital on the other.  When asked what the other members of the WhatApp group would understand by spit-roast he agrees that they would define it as oral at one end and penile at the other.

He says he didn't use the term "spit-roasting" in his police interviews because it's "vulgar" and "an awkward thing to talk about".

This is prosecution questioning BTW

David McKeown

Quote from: Hound on March 07, 2018, 02:29:21 PM
Frank Greaney
Mr. Jackson says he also has no recollection of the woman performing oral sex on him (McIlroy). Again he says he has no reason to suppose he is lying about that

Rosanna Cooney
Jackson says that Blane McIIroy's account of the complainant performing oral sex on McIIroy while Jackson put his fingers inside the complainant "didn't happen".

This may highlight exactly what I was taking about in terms of the danger of making judgements based on press reports. If those two tweets are descriptions of the same piece of evidence they seem to suggest very different things.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Syferus

Quote from: David McKeown on March 07, 2018, 02:59:33 PM
Quote from: Hound on March 07, 2018, 02:29:21 PM
Frank Greaney

Rosanna Cooney

This may highlight exactly what I was taking about in terms of the danger of making judgements based on press reports. If those two tweets are descriptions of the same piece of evidence they seem to suggest very different things.

Even if they are the same exchange they both bring into serious question the validity of the statements by the defence.

seafoid

McIlroy , Jackson and Olding seem to be playing the prisoner''s dilemma
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AQMP

Next morning Jackson got up and went into the room with Stuart and Emily and left McIlroy in the bed as "Blane sleeps quite late".

It's also Jackson's assertion that whatever made the complainant upset happened after she left his house.

gallsman

Rosanna Cooney is from JOE.ie. Be skeptical of anything she writes, much less reporting on a criminal trial.

quit yo jibbajabba

Ach jaysus have i to switch sides again?!