Time to move on? PSNI involved in Road Safety Campaign shocker

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, April 28, 2012, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

To poll people from nice sub urban areas who are largely unaffected by anti social behaviour would tell you nothing.  Watched the Nolan show last week.  Thought he consistenlty overlooked the main point of why it happens and why do decent people support it.  FFS at the weekend in derry some mother drove her son up for his "appointment".  Saying, and I quote "i know its wrong but hopefully he will get help now"
I would have my doubts about the motives of those who carry out these attacks and whether they are actually doing it for the greater good of their community or is it just to protect their own rackets.  I suspect the latter.  However most people who get tortured by wee hoods dont really give a toss when one them gets knee capped or when a drug dealer or sex offender gets shot.  Nolan constantly banged on about the cops poor confiction rate of 3% on these incidents of punishmnet beatings and shootings.  But in fairness to the cops there isnt exactly wealth of invidence to go on.  Generally zero relation between victim and perpetrator and zero witnesses (well anyone who will say anything other than "it was two masked men").  IMO more blame lie at the courts than the cops.  Sentencing is a joke.

Nally Stand

Quote from: HiMucker on April 30, 2012, 11:35:36 AM
Watched the Nolan show last week....

Just goes to show...people will watch anything. If there's a more sensationalist mouthpiece/slabber anywhere on this earth than the self-proclaimed champion of the people that is Stephen Nolan, I've yet to come across him/her.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

HiMucker

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 30, 2012, 11:42:10 AM

Just goes to show...people will watch anything. If there's a more sensationalist mouthpiece/slabber anywhere on this earth than the self-proclaimed champion of the people that is Stephen Nolan, I've yet to come across him/her.
Dont judge me! :D  I was just interested to see how he would react when it didnt go his way.  He was expecting majority condemnation but it was never going to be forthcoming.

Nally Stand

Quote from: HiMucker on April 30, 2012, 11:49:43 AM

Dont judge me! :D  I was just interested to see how he would react when it didnt go his way.  He was expecting majority condemnation but it was never going to be forthcoming.
You still watched him though...it's people like who who keep that man in work!!!!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

bailestil

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 30, 2012, 11:54:30 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on April 30, 2012, 11:49:43 AM

You still watched him though...it's people like who who keep that man in work!!!!

HiMucker,  - Dont you see? your "Normalising british rule" but watching the bbc!!

HiMucker

I watched it through my chipped sky box whilst wearing a gaa jersey to counter that affect

LeoMc

Quote from: HiMucker on April 30, 2012, 10:37:23 AM
And a solid back hand played up the line by Thatcher  ;D can Tickle manage a return or will it be an unforced error!
;D

thebigfella

You are just as big a mouthpiece/slabber

Nally Stand

Quote from: thebigfella on April 30, 2012, 01:19:33 PM

You are just as big a mouthpiece/slabber

OHHHH GOOD ONE!!!! A man with your level of wit belongs on stage..... Just marvelous!!!!

::)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: theticklemister on April 30, 2012, 08:31:53 AM
Yet again I will say I did not say anything of the sort

Yes you did. You said you have a problem with normalisation.  What's that supposed to mean other than you don't want the place operating like a normal civilised society?

Your proposal for a vigilante system in place of policing is pie in the sky.

Maguire01

Quote from: take_yer_points on April 30, 2012, 11:15:57 AM
Quote from: oisinog on April 30, 2012, 09:55:56 AM
So you dont support an armed republican conflict though you think the republicans should police themself.

The only policing I have ever seen Republicans do was punishment beatings and shootings.

Do people here really want to drag the country back 25 years.

If the PSNI prevent some of our younger patrons from losing there life on the road then everyone should be supporting this

Stephen Nolan has a new show on BBC some night during the week - think its Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Last week they had a text poll with the question along the lines of "Do you support punishment beatings?" - if I remember correctly 57% voted Yes.
How likely is it that Nolan's audience reflects the general population?

take_yer_points

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 30, 2012, 06:03:55 PM
So you dont support an armed republican conflict though you think the republicans should police themself.

The only policing I have ever seen Republicans do was punishment beatings and shootings.

If the PSNI prevent some of our younger patrons from losing there life on the road then everyone should be supporting this

Stephen Nolan has a new show on BBC some night during the week - think its Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Last week they had a text poll with the question along the lines of "Do you support punishment beatings?" - if I remember correctly 57% voted Yes.

I don't think I suggested they did.

The fact that 57% of any sample of 6000 support punishment beatings is hard to believe - no matter who they watch on TV

Maguire01

Quote from: take_yer_points on April 30, 2012, 06:41:22 PM

The fact that 57% of any sample of 6000 support punishment beatings is hard to believe - no matter who they watch on TV
How likely is it that a proportion of those people were taking the piss?

Maguire01

I think I may be in agreement with Nally. I'm going to have to have a lie down.

take_yer_points

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 30, 2012, 07:20:57 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on April 30, 2012, 06:41:22 PM

How likely is it that a proportion of those people were taking the piss?

I have no idea what type of person voted but I'd be surprised if anything other than a small minority voted to take the piss.

If I had to have a guess I'd say the type of person to vote would be people with strong opinions on the matter. That's only opinion though and I have nothing to back it up