Brian Kerr brings Faroes to Belfast

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, February 08, 2010, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Murphy_74

Seems like Mr Kerr is looking forward to bringing his charges to Belfast:

Quote"If we weren't to play Ireland, I'm happy to be playing Northern Ireland. Friends have been on to say that the bus for Belfast is ready," he added.

I wonder if his friends have been talking to the boys over on OWC, especially MD_HNISC:

QuoteI already cannot wait to give this complete and utter c**t the most vile and disgusting abuse ever at both games.

Football for All!

/Jim.

T Fearon

Jim you sound surprised by this? Have I not being trying for years to expalin the reality of Windsor Park?

As for the rest of us, if gives us an extra incentive to see a team do well against the North of Ireland...as if that was needed.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: T Fearon on February 08, 2010, 10:23:46 AM
Jim you sound surprised by this? Have I not being trying for years to expalin the reality of Windsor Park?

As for the rest of us, if gives us an extra incentive to see a team do well against the North of Ireland...as if that was needed.

Tony-is Kerr not a total Judas going to manage another country or do you just keep that bile for your fellow county men?   

T Fearon

I can't believe that comment

Er Kerr sacked by FAI, no chance of being reinstated, accepts alernative employment with another Country

The three I refer to were offered the job by their own county (or at least the chance to talk about the job), but declined to do so,  preferring management jobs in other counties.

Now surely even you can see the fundamental difference here?

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: T Fearon on February 08, 2010, 10:23:46 AM

Tony,

I read about their campaign on their website.  I'm sure that making the place more welcoming to all (including families) would mean that they would not encourage "vile and disgusting abuse" to anyone.

So yes I'm surprised that this kind of thing is left unchecked on their site.

/Jim.

(EDIT: I see there have been replies but they seem more worried about the media reporting this abuse than it actually occurring).   

longrunsthefox

Is kind of ironic considering the abuse you have been spouting against three Armagh men that did so much for their county. Doesn't have to be foul language to be bile.

ONeill

What do you call someone from there? A pharaoh?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Its not ironic, Kerr was sacked and wasn't offered the chance to manage his own country again, the three I'm referring to were offered the chance to at least talk about managing their own county. No analogy, no comparison whatsover here.

If Peter Mc Donnell was offered another County management post he would have my best wishes.

Jim now you see what Football for All was all about, simply a PR exercise, nothing more or nothing less. Kerr also spent a lot of time up North (isn't he from Belfast originally or his father was) at the invitation of IFA/Linfield. Thats the thanks he gets >:(

A Quinn Martin Production

I think Kerr's father came from the docks area of Belfast.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Rav67

Would there be any reason for them to hate Kerr? (apart from birthplace/religion etc)
Just wondering...

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Rav67 on February 08, 2010, 01:42:51 PM
Would there be any reason for them to hate Kerr? (apart from birthplace/religion etc)
Just wondering...

He worked with FAI under-age teams who have poached over 1 million NI starlets since 1990.

/Jim.

Rav67

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on February 08, 2010, 01:50:03 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on February 08, 2010, 01:42:51 PM
Just wondering...

He worked with FAI under-age teams who have poached over 1 million NI starlets since 1990.

/Jim.

Ah I see.  A man in the course of his employment legitimately maximising his resources.  **** indeed.

T Fearon

No, just being a fenian and former manager of that "Foreign team across the border" is suffice. I'll bet there's widespread collections of 20p pieces happening already.

Actually being a keen follower of Italian football and the national team I was half thinking of going along to see them at Windsor Park, providing it doesn't clash with one of the real Ireland team's games

saffron sam2

Could be an interesting game when the Irish go the Faroes. Read an interesting piece about the Faroes game against Lithuania, which they won 2-1. The game was moved to Toftir, over an hour from the nearest hotel. If the game is fixed for winter the Irish could be in big trouble.

As for MD_HNISC, not overly surprised. Disappointing though that that is his priority. Will be intersting to see how long it is before we get a mention on the same thread.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

rossie mad

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on February 08, 2010, 10:21:34 AM
Seems like Mr Kerr is looking forward to bringing his charges to Belfast:

Quote"If we weren't to play Ireland, I'm happy to be playing Northern Ireland. Friends have been on to say that the bus for Belfast is ready," he added.

I wonder if his friends have been talking to the boys over on OWC, especially MD_HNISC:

QuoteI already cannot wait to give this complete and utter c**t the most vile and disgusting abuse ever at both games.

Football for All!

/Jim.

Is this fella for real?
Tried to get on this site this morning to read the thread but you have to registrer first and it seems impossible if you put in a gaa related user name.