Quote from: Syferus on September 26, 2018, 12:26:34 PM
Sounds like Murray is properly fûcked.

Have you heard anything concrete?

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on September 26, 2018, 12:42:41 PM

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/0926/998176-upon-his-request-i-cant-comment-on-conors-injury/

You don't tell the club staff not to go into detail if you think it's something minor. Van Graan actually scored a bit of an own goal telling the public why he wasn't going into detail on the injury because it was far more telling than if he just refused to comment. I hadn't been keeping up with club rugby but they signed a foreign scrum-half to replace Murray, you don't waste one of those import slots on someone if you think Murray's going to be back in the near term.

The obvious worst case scenario is the continuous BS reports from Heaslip's camp of him "progressing well" with his back injury and then having to retire before even getting near a pitch. A neck injury is serious at the best of times, nevermind if you're unsure of when or if you'll be able to come back.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Syferus on September 26, 2018, 04:40:53 PM

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/0926/998176-upon-his-request-i-cant-comment-on-conors-injury/

You don't tell the club staff not to go into detail if you think it's something minor. Van Graan actually scored a bit of an own goal telling the public why he wasn't going into detail on the injury because it was far more telling than if he just refused to comment. I hadn't been keeping up with club rugby but they signed a foreign scrum-half to replace Murray, you don't waste one of those import slots on someone if you think Murray's going to be back in the near term.

The obvious worst case scenario is the continuous BS reports from Heaslip's camp of him "progressing well" with his back injury and then having to retire before even getting near a pitch. A neck injury is serious at the best of times, nevermind if you're unsure of when or if you'll be able to come back.

As a counter balance said foreign scrum-half is on a four-month contract which does not smack of permanence.  Throw in the fact that Murray is about to become the highest paid IRFU player.  Given what happened with Heaslip would the IRFU really again spend all that money on a crocked player?

Speculative points but then again so is yours.
/Jim.

Syferus

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on September 27, 2018, 04:39:44 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 26, 2018, 04:40:53 PM

As a counter balance said foreign scrum-half is on a four-month contract which does not smack of permanence.  Throw in the fact that Murray is about to become the highest paid IRFU player.  Given what happened with Heaslip would the IRFU really again spend all that money on a crocked player?

Speculative points but then again so is yours.
/Jim.

It means he's at least expected to be hampered until after Christmas and then you can't even be sure he'll be back for the Six Nations (this would undoubtedly be made public by Murray's camp in some manner to ease concerns about his health if they knew as he has plenty of money riding on it).

I'm sure the scrum-half's contract is open-ended so that it can be extended if we get to Christmas and nothing has changed. If it was just a case of a minor injury for a couple of months Munster would likely use a cheaper academy product to fill in.

bennydorano

South Africa looking very impressive again v NZ. 30-13 with 20 to go, still wouldn't back again the hoors tho.

pbat

Anyone on here considering Japan for the world cup next year. Thinking of doing 3 weeks.

JPGJOHNNYG

Surely to feck NZ are not going to steal this one

JPGJOHNNYG

FFS just like when we bottled it a few yrs ago, ridiculous stuff

bennydorano

Jesus, tough one for SA to take. They're on course for a big showing in Japan.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 06, 2018, 06:03:11 PM
FFS just like when we bottled it a few yrs ago, ridiculous stuff
Yeah posted about this yesterday (albeit on the wrong thread as I was "under the weather") but definitely lost their bottle. You can say what you want about the relentless nature of the All Blacks but coughing up those points with 20 mins to go isn't good enough.

Aaron Boone

Brilliant by the full Leinster team tonight, 50 points on Wasps. They could field two teams.

screenexile

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 12, 2018, 11:05:49 PM
Brilliant by the full Leinster team tonight, 50 points on Wasps. They could field two teams.

Will anyone get close to them in Europe this year?? James Lowe is some addition can we get him Irish qualified??!!