The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

lads - if all you are going to do is slag each other back and forth - do it over pm's

thebigfella

Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 05:14:42 PM
Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 05:07:20 PM

I am not an attention seeker and this is a public forum that all kinds of people post on, you dont seem to understand the concept of a discussion forum and I posted absolutely inflammatory to anyone of sound mind, maybe you have lost yours temporarily because of the news and that is fine but you are bang out of order here on this, bang out of order and if you had any decency at all you would apologise.

I am glad to see Benitez go, i thought he was ket, Liverpool were being driven into the ground by a manager that didnt seem to care anymore, the premiership needs Liverpool and the way he was going they were headed in completely the wrong direction, well that and the financial crisis at the hands of the ignorant owners.

Just right there. That says it all.
[/quote]

In Rafa we trust ;)

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on June 03, 2010, 05:08:20 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 03, 2010, 04:50:16 PM
Yeah Rafa made mistakes. No Liverpool supporter can deny that but what manager hasn't. Before the American owners took over he brought us to 2 Champions Leagues finals, with one win and an FA cup final win. They've failed to back him in the transfer market like Fergie and Chelsea managers have been in the same timescale.

Anyways I'm off to "One night in Istanbul" tonight. Thanks for the memories Rafa.

Thats just revisionism re transfer market, he's spent plenty

http://transferleague.co.uk/

Check out the table from 04-09

The net spend over the last 2 seasons was about 3 million according to your link.
When he needed funds last summer to make a serious assault after running United close he wasn't backed.

EC Unique

I suppose this is no suprise given the season past. Rafa got off to a great start with the CL and that probably kept him in the job for an extra couple of years. The PL is the one that is badly needed and he did not deliver. I honestly think some Liverpool fans overrated his ability, he made some howlers in his time.

What now for Liverpool. I think there is very hard times ahead and it is mainly due to lack of funds. No world class players will be bought, no world class manager will come in and I honestly think Torres and Gerrard will go as they will both want to be winning titles and championships that Liverpool are not capable of. New owners will not appear as the yanks are not being reasonable.
None of this is good for the Premiership as it is a better place with Liverpool fighting for top spot. (As long as they are a point or 2 short ;))

Like a lot of organisations inside and outside of football the aim will be to survive the World financial problems and hope things will be better in 3 or 4 years.

More big clubs will be in the same shit sooner or later.

stew

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 03, 2010, 05:17:14 PM
lads - if all you are going to do is slag each other back and forth - do it over pm's

Where did I slag him gab, this is the same boyo who when hammered posted after the everton game and got stuck into me, this has been going on a long time and I am tired of it, he dioes not understand the concept of a discussion forum and if the boy had any wit he would realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion on Liverpool, not just the clubs fans.

Enough is enough, if he was any kind of man at all he would apologise and at this point the mods need to step in to sort this boy out, I just recieved a nasty email, a very nasty email and I am not jumping to conclusions here and am accusing no one of anything but I have not had one of those since the owc fellahs were in here.

This shite has got to stop, this place isnt worth harassment and threats against your person, disgusting behaviour.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 05:24:55 PM

Where did I slag him gab, this is the same boyo who when hammered posted after the everton game and got stuck into me, this has been going on a long time and I am tired of it, he dioes not understand the concept of a discussion forum and if the boy had any wit he would realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion on Liverpool, not just the clubs fans.

Enough is enough, if he was any kind of man at all he would apologise and at this point the mods need to step in to sort this boy out, I just recieved a nasty email, a very nasty email and I am not jumping to conclusions here and am accusing no one of anything but I have not had one of those since the owc fellahs were in here.

This shite has got to stop, this place isnt worth harassment and threats against your person, disgusting behaviour.

Grow up will ya.

bingobus

Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 05:24:55 PM

Listen, I'm deleting my account. I won't apologise but I never, ever and will swear on my kids life, sent you any email. I say what I think here and never use PM's or anything like that. I think you've way over acted here. You claim that its a discussion forum and about my opinions yet won't accept my opinion on what you've posted, maybe i was out of order but I think you got the reaction you where looking for.

Good luck.

stew

Listen, I'm deleting my account. I won't apologise but I never, ever and will swear on my kids life, sent you any email. I say what I think here and never use PM's or anything like that. I think you've way over acted here. You claim that its a discussion forum and about my opinions yet won't accept my opinion on what you've posted, maybe i was out of order but I think you got the reaction you where looking for.

I dont want you to delete your account and based on your post I would say that it is pretty evident that you didnt send me the email, it was not a pm.

When you get after people with such vile and venom and when you do it over a period of time it becomes personal and not opinion, you posted bile, end of discussion and if your ego is such that you are not man enough to apologise when you are wrong then you are what i thought you were.

That said you are a poster that loves Liverpool and should continue to post on this forum, I doubt anyone wants you to leave, i certainly dont so hopefully you will stay.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hound

Don't go bingo, just totally ignore any eejits that get your back up.

The Real Laoislad

Bingo forget about all those United gimps don't let them get at you none of them are worth it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

heganboy

whether rafa's departure will turn out to be the clean slate Liverpool needs will depend totally on the ability of the club to sell themselves to an appropriate buyer. Liverpool success would bring the dormant fan base out of the woodwork and a filled larger stadium would create a self financing environment. Would however need a substantial investment and Im not sure where that's coming from...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

blewuporstuffed

so the speculation moves till who is going to replace him, from the mirror

Names in the frame apparently include Bayern Munich boss Louis Van Gaal and Benfica manager Jorge Jesus, although neither feature in the official betting for the job.

Based on those odds, MirrorFootball's Ian Cruise assesses the runners and riders...

Martin O'Neill
The Aston Villa boss is the bookies' favourite for the Anfield hot-seat, and it's a role he would surely relish. Unless Villa chief Randy Lerner hands over a massive chunk of his personal fortune - something he's already stated he's unwilling to do - then realistically, O'Neill has taken the Midlanders pretty much as far as he can. Has proved at Celtic than he can deal with the expectation at a big club, albeit in a much smaller pool, but question marks remain over his spending policy when it comes to the very biggest names. Not that that will necessarily be a problem at cash-strapped Anfield, of course. Odds: 7/4 Favourite

Roy Hodgson
The affable Hodgson would be near the top of anybody's wish list this summer after the remarkable job he's done at Fulham, steering them from the brink of relegation to the Europa League final. He's already proved his credentials abroad and now, after a disappointing spell at Blackburn in the late 90s, his stock is finally at a place it deserves to be in his home nation. Was considered the favourite for the England job had Fabio Capello left after the World Cup, but now that the Italian has committed to the Three Lions , he may be even more open to an approach and one last shot at the big time. Odds: 5/2

Jurgen Klinsmann
Has been linked with the job in the past when it leaked out that Tom Hicks had spoken to the German about succeeding Benitez as far back as November 2007 - arguably the beginning of the end for the Spaniard at Anfield. The former Germany striker worked wonders in his first managerial job when he guided the host nation to the semi-finals of the 2006 World Cup finals, but his copybook was blotted by a disappointing year in charge of Bayern Munich that ended in the sack in April 2009. Currently out of work, he would be a big gamble and would need to get off to a great start to win over the Kop. Odds: 6/1

Kenny Dalglish
The King of the Kop would be a hugely popular choice with the fans, and his appointment may even persuade some of the more vocal opponents of the American owners to give them a second chance, but he's not managed in the top-flight in England for 12 years since leaving Newcastle. The game has moved on immeasurably since then and, while the Scot would find it hard to resist the lure of a return to his spiritual home, there has to be a danger that it would all end in tears. Odds: 7/1

Guus Hiddink
The Dutchman is one of the most widely respected coaches in world football, and his one brief spell in England - three months in charge of Chelsea - ended in FA Cup glory at Wembley as he rescued a season that was turning to despair under Felipe Scolari. Stamford Bridge stars speakly fondly of Hiddink, who is due to take charge of the Turkish national team in August when his contract with the Russian FA expires. So if Liverpool want him, they would need to move quickly. Although the compensation they would need to fork out to the Turks might prove a stumbling block. Odds: 8/1

Frank Rijkaard
Won two La Liga titles and the Champions League with Barcelona, but that still wasn't enough to save his job after a season of failure in 2007-08. Currently in charge of Turkish side Galatasaray, his attacking style made Barca hugely watchable and would be almost the polar opposite to Benitez's defensive first tactics. But although that might go down well with the neutrals, it might leave the Reds a little too open at the back for the liking of the supporters. As anyone who watched a Barcelona game between between 2003-2008 would attest. Odds: 14/1

Sammy Lee
Rafa's right-hand man has taken the reins on a temporary basis until a replacement is found, but if this saga drags on like everything else has at Anfield in the past year or two then it's not inconceivable that the former Liverpool midfielder could find himself in the hot-seat when the Premier League kick off in August. And if he gets off to a flier, who knows? However, his record of one win in 11 games in charge of Bolton in his only stint as a No.1 would suggest he's unlikely to be viewed as a long-term solution. Odds 14/1

Slaven Bilic
It could be argued that Bilic should have quit as Croatia coach after ending England's hopes of Euro 2008 qualification, because failure to reach this summer's World Cup finals has seen his star wane somewhat. The former West Ham and Everton defender says he will remain as his country's national boss for another two years, but you'd have to suspect that if Liverpool came calling he'd walk to Anfield to get the gig. Odds: 16/1

Mark Hughes
The idea of a Manchester United legend taking charge at Anfield will be anathema to a large majority of Reds fans. But then they said that before 'Sparky' was handed the managerial reins at Manchester City. One of the reasons cited for his departure from Eastlands, however, was the fact that he was not a big enough name to lure the great and the good of the world's game to the north-west, despite the Arab billions at his disposal. And a few stints since in the Sky studios as a post-match analyst ain't likely to have been enough to change that much, is it? Odds: 16/1
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

Did Bingobus delete his account? I can't see him on the members list. If he has its a shame and that's from someone who disgreed with him more often than not. I hope he comes back asap. I fear my comment may have made things worse when it was intended to do the opposite. If I did I'm sorry.

Not getting at Stew at all here by the way. We fought like hell in the past and while we still may not be bosom buddies we kinda understand each other a bit better now I think.