The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 03, 2010, 04:20:17 PM
As a neutral I think this is the start of a long few seasons for Liverpool.

Whilst Rafa made mistakes who will come in and do a better job than him with the resources or lack of provided by the Americans ? Torres will probably leave now, Gerrard has been linked to Real although he himself was baffled by some of Rafa's decisions but in all honesty from what I've seen of Stevie G he isn't exactly blameless of Liverpool's poor form in the league this season.

Daglish to come in a manage Liverpool now after 11 years not taking a team ?

MoN would not be liked at Anfield in general and to be honest who the hell would want to take control of Liverpool with the limited backing they would receive from the yanks.

Expect big names to follow now and once the dust settles other fans will realise things under Rafa weren't bad at all, damage limitation if anything.

Who the hell would buy them for the money they are looking for the club, they are said to want twice what they are valued at, who the hell would pay that, they need to have realistic expectations.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

DennistheMenace

Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 04:24:32 PM
As a neutral I think this is the start of a long few seasons for Liverpool.

Whilst Rafa made mistakes who will come in and do a better job than him with the resources or lack of provided by the Americans ? Torres will probably leave now, Gerrard has been linked to Real although he himself was baffled by some of Rafa's decisions but in all honesty from what I've seen of Stevie G he isn't exactly blameless of Liverpool's poor form in the league this season.

Daglish to come in a manage Liverpool now after 11 years not taking a team ?

MoN would not be liked at Anfield in general and to be honest who the hell would want to take control of Liverpool with the limited backing they would receive from the yanks.

Expect big names to follow now and once the dust settles other fans will realise things under Rafa weren't bad at all, damage limitation if anything.

Who the hell would buy them for the money they are looking for the club, they are said to want twice what they are valued at, who the hell would pay that, they need to have realistic expectations.

Once they look at the interest they need to pay they will realise selling Torres may be the only option, people don't realise how much shit the yanks have got them in.

stew

Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 04:23:25 PM
Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 04:21:44 PM

You need to calm down and take a tablet son, potential owners should not nor have they ever made executuive decisions for a club they do not own, I know you are apoplectic and orgasmic over that eejit Rafa being wacked but there is no need for personal abuse son.

Rafa failed to deliver the Premiership, he overspent for players that turned out to be dire and then he made a big signing and didnt play the man and this for a club with severe financial difficulty.Fact.

f**k off idiot.

Quality post, what are you on son????

I have an opinion on Liverpool the same as anybody else, what is your problem?

stew

Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 03, 2010, 04:26:10 PM
As a neutral I think this is the start of a long few seasons for Liverpool

Once they look at the interest they need to pay they will realise selling Torres may be the only option, people don't realise how much shit the yanks have got them in.

Torres is brilliant when fit, the problem is he spends as much time out with injury as he does playing these days, maybe the thing to do would be to sell him and get a big payday, if and only if the owners let the new manager spend those funds on a couple of quality players.

If they think he has the ability to stay fit, keep the man.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 03, 2010, 04:25:05 PM
Come on bingobus, you're better than that.

Clearly he is not, personal abuse is not allowed on this board and for him to insult me the way he has hurts me deeply, :o I am shocked at the level of vitriol levelled at me from this boy. I said nothing that should have set him off, absolutely nothing and not one thing of what I posted was directed at him.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 04:30:01 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 03, 2010, 04:26:10 PM
As a neutral I think this is the start of a long few seasons for Liverpool

Torres is brilliant when fit, the problem is he spends as much time out with injury as he does playing these days, maybe the thing to do would be to sell him and get a big payday, if and only if the owners let the new manager spend those funds on a couple of quality players.

If they think he has the ability to stay fit, keep the man.

He's missed a few games in the last two seasons but he's still played over 20 games a season not to mention hardly missing any games for 6 seasons for Atheltico so I wouldn't exactly label him sicknote just yet. That's the problem with the owners, think Liverpool recouped £40 million last summer and spent the exact same, they need to built a squad but the owners seem to only let them buy once the manager has sold. I don't think Rafa is exactly blameless either like some Scousers but I think the worst is ahead for Liverpool under the yanks.

bingobus

Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 04:26:52 PM
Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 04:23:25 PM
Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 04:21:44 PM

You need to calm down and take a tablet son, potential owners should not nor have they ever made executuive decisions for a club they do not own, I know you are apoplectic and orgasmic over that eejit Rafa being wacked but there is no need for personal abuse son.

Rafa failed to deliver the Premiership, he overspent for players that turned out to be dire and then he made a big signing and didnt play the man and this for a club with severe financial difficulty.Fact.

f**k off idiot.

And why do you have an opinion on Liverpool? Only time you post is to have a laugh or put the boot in. You don't seem to post on any other soccer thread on a regular basis. Then you post here as if you know everything as "fact" and you are the all knowing being. This is from the person who wanted tiger woods hung cause he had obviously beat his wife/mother-in-law when it was reported a woman had been taken to hospital from his house.  ::)

stew

[/quote]

f**k off idiot.
[/quote]

[/quote]

And why do you have an opinion on Liverpool? Only time you post is to have a laugh or put the boot in. You don't seem to post on any other soccer thread on a regular basis. Then you post here as if you know everything as "fact" and you are the all knowing being. This is from the person who wanted tiger woods hung cause he had obviously beat his wife/mother-in-law when it was reported a woman had been taken to hospital from his house.  ::)
[/quote]

Why do I have an opinion on Liverpool? are you frigging serious, I am glad to see seanie pm'd you to calm you down. You are lying, I do not post to put the boot in all the time, I have often praised Liverpool and their players, I thought Benitez was a mare premiership manager and I thought he should be fired, so what.
I dont pretend to be all knowing, it's called perception and your perception is wrong both on me and I
did know he was getting whacked before it went down, no big deal and I posted that he was gone before he was gone so I was right based on info I got prior to posting from a reliable source.
As for tiger woods, I was messing around, that should have been obvious from the get go but not to you, I find it strange that you fixated on me when there are others that actually support United that poot the boot in al the time, I dont, I respect Liverpool as a club and hope they never win another trophy, do I want them to stay in the premiership and survive this crisis, absolutely, as evidenced by my posts on this very thread.
T

Geoff Tipps

Yeah Rafa made mistakes. No Liverpool supporter can deny that but what manager hasn't. Before the American owners took over he brought us to 2 Champions Leagues finals, with one win and an FA cup final win. They've failed to back him in the transfer market like Fergie and Chelsea managers have been in the same timescale.

Anyways I'm off to "One night in Istanbul" tonight. Thanks for the memories Rafa.

bingobus

Stew, since the news broke that he was gone you've been the only one posting with some sort of hard-on that he's gone and "you said this and I think this...blah blah blah".
Seanie never pm'd me to calm down anything and if he did it wouldn't have mattered one dot. Seanie is a manc (and therefore a twat  ;) ) but at least he calls it as it is and has a passion for his club.

You're just an attention seeker, posting like there's no tomorrow when Liverpool have been at a lower point. And I don't care if you think you are right, you're opinion doesn't matter, Liverpool forums are in meltdown at the minute and its not out of joy. Watch Sky news this evening and see what the supporters think, they are the only ones who's opinion matters. Not an attention seeker 1000's of miles away.

stew

Quote from: bingobus on January 27, 2010, 02:01:35 PM
Quote from: stew on January 27, 2010, 01:55:27 PM
Liverpool look listless, they look leaderless and it would seem to me that the problems come from within as they are playing without any passion or conviction. They look like they are on auto pilot and then they get interviewed and state they have turned the corner.............again.

Benitez should quit before he does any more damage, if ever a team needed a change at the top it is them and O'Neill would be a good man to bring them back into PL contention.

I think they had one shot on goal against wolves, one shot in 90 minutes, that has to be their worst ever effort.

Good man Stew, Portsmouth was worse imho, at least we didn't conced last night.

Again, O'Niell wouldn't do it for me and I know from looking at other forums, that the vast majority of Liverpool supporters (that been a key element) think the same.

I think this proves I have been consistent on the Liverpool situation, this is on page 453 on this very thread, no bingobus, does this look like  a gloating kind of post by me to you? Theres plenty more were that came from, next time you flap yer gums come prepared.

bingobus

Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 05:02:20 PM
Quote from: bingobus on January 27, 2010, 02:01:35 PM
Quote from: stew on January 27, 2010, 01:55:27 PM
Liverpool look listless, they look leaderless and it would seem to me that the problems come from within as they are playing without any passion or conviction. They look like they are on auto pilot and then they get interviewed and state they have turned the corner.............again.

Benitez should quit before he does any more damage, if ever a team needed a change at the top it is them and O'Neill would be a good man to bring them back into PL contention.

I think they had one shot on goal against wolves, one shot in 90 minutes, that has to be their worst ever effort.

Good man Stew, Portsmouth was worse imho, at least we didn't conced last night.

Again, O'Niell wouldn't do it for me and I know from looking at other forums, that the vast majority of Liverpool supporters (that been a key element) think the same.

I think this proves I have been consistent on the Liverpool situation, this is on page 453 on this very thread, no bingobus, does this look like  a gloating kind of post by me to you? Theres plenty more were that came from, next time you flap yer gums come prepared.

I don't know if this is  ;D  ;D  ;D or  :'(  :'(  :'(

Youkeep searching there boyo  ::)

stew

Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 04:56:05 PM
Stew, since the news broke that he was gone you've been the only one posting with some sort of hard-on that he's gone and "you said this and I think this...blah blah blah".
Seanie never pm'd me to calm down anything and if he did it wouldn't have mattered one dot. Seanie is a manc (and therefore a t**t  ;) ) but at least he calls it as it is and has a passion for his club.

You're just an attention seeker, posting like there's no tomorrow when Liverpool have been at a lower point. And I don't care if you think you are right, you're opinion doesn't matter, Liverpool forums are in meltdown at the minute and its not out of joy. Watch Sky news this evening and see what the supporters think, they are the only ones who's opinion matters. Not an attention seeker 1000's of miles away.

I am not an attention seeker and this is a public forum that all kinds of people post on, you dont seem to understand the concept of a discussion forum and I posted absolutely inflammatory to anyone of sound mind, maybe you have lost yours temporarily because of the news and that is fine but you are bang out of order here on this, bang out of order and if you had any decency at all you would apologise.

I am glad to see Benitez go, i thought he was ket, Liverpool were being driven into the ground by a manager that didnt seem to care anymore, the premiership needs Liverpool and the way he was going they were headed in completely the wrong direction, well that and the financial crisis at the hands of the ignorant owners.

bingobus

Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 05:07:20 PM

I am not an attention seeker and this is a public forum that all kinds of people post on, you dont seem to understand the concept of a discussion forum and I posted absolutely inflammatory to anyone of sound mind, maybe you have lost yours temporarily because of the news and that is fine but you are bang out of order here on this, bang out of order and if you had any decency at all you would apologise.

I am glad to see Benitez go, i thought he was ket, Liverpool were being driven into the ground by a manager that didnt seem to care anymore, the premiership needs Liverpool and the way he was going they were headed in completely the wrong direction, well that and the financial crisis at the hands of the ignorant owners.
[/quote]

Just right there. That says it all.