The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 03, 2010, 02:20:01 PM
Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 02:18:52 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 03, 2010, 02:17:15 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 03, 2010, 01:43:55 PM
Slaven Bilic wouldn't be a bad choice Imho.
Certainly prefer him to Sammy Lee :-\

Seconded, MON may be the most practical answer though.

Hasn't Billic all but agreed to take over France after the world cup and O'Neill is having money trying to get funds off his own yank, he's hardly interested in getting in bed with two of them  ???

Blanc is taking over France.

is right.

heganboy

i think the perception of Liverpool as a big club may be a factor in MON's thoughts
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

el_cuervo_fc

Liverpool FC today confirmed that Rafael Benitez is to leave the club by mutual consent.

Mr Benitez relinquishes his position as team manager after six years and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their grateful thanks for his services and wish him all the best in his future career.

The Board has now asked Managing Director Christian Purslow, with the assistance of Club Ambassador Kenny Dalglish, to begin a formal search to identify and assess potential candidates for the managerial position.

No timescale has been placed on the process and Liverpool FC will make no further statement until a new manager is appointed.

LFC Chairman Martin Broughton said: "Rafa will forever be part of Liverpool folklore after bringing home the Champions League following the epic final in Istanbul but after a disappointing season both parties felt a fresh start would be best for all concerned.''

Rafael Benitez said: "It is very sad for me to announce that I will no longer be manager of Liverpool FC. I would like to thank all of the staff and players for their efforts.

"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

naka

stew

Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 03:57:49 PM
He's gone, official.

Gutted to be honest.

Gutted  :D :D :D

The man was destroying a once proud club, the main men in the squad saw through his ineptitude and wanted him gone, that is a fact.

He spent millions on top of millions on donkeys that were not fit to wear the jersey and you are talking about the 'new ownership' making the decision on the next manager and you say I know feck all.  :D :D :D did you not get the memo that the men controlling the club make those decisions, not the people who might or might not buy it in the future, the  mind boggles.

Benitez was driving Liverpool into the ground, he was easily the worst top four manager and he never got that premiership title, if liverpool have any chance of holding on to their best players he had to go, performances suggested that the players were tired of his act and they didnt buy into his system, zone defending my hole.

Liverpool's decision means they are stronger, capable now of hanging on to their best players and if they can land MON or Hughes they will be right back contesting for a CL  place next season.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Real Laoislad

Julian Dicks giving his opinion on skysports.... Like anyone cares what he thinks ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 04:09:20 PM
He's gone, official.

Gutted to be honest.
The man was destroying a once proud club

The only people destroying the club are our incompetent and greedy owners. Until they leave and fit and proper owners are found it won't matter who the manager is as he will be managing with one hand tied behind his back.

Liverpool's decision means they are stronger, capable now of hanging on to their best players and if they can land MON or Hughes they will be right back contesting for a CL  place next season.

What the f**k has Mark Hughes ever done? Even Fat Sam turned Blackburn into a decent side which is all that Hughes managed. MON might do alright at Liverpool but not unless he's given financial backing from the owners which I doubt anyone is going to get at the moment.

bingobus

He's gone, official.

Gutted to be honest.

The man was destroying a once proud club, the main men in the squad saw through his ineptitude and wanted him gone, that is a fact.

He spent millions on top of millions on donkeys that were not fit to wear the jersey and you are talking about the 'new ownership' making the decision on the next manager and you say I know feck all.  :D :D :D did you not get the memo that the men controlling the club make those decisions, not the people who might or might not buy it in the future, the  mind boggles.

Benitez was driving Liverpool into the ground, he was easily the worst top four manager and he never got that premiership title, if liverpool have any chance of holding on to their best players he had to go, performances suggested that the players were tired of his act and they didnt buy into his system, zone defending my hole.

Stew please do f**k off you arsehole of the highest and I mean highest order. You are clueless.

thebigfella

Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 11:32:57 AM
Quote from: Boycey on June 03, 2010, 11:06:03 AM

I think as fans we're becoming increasing obsessed with the finance end of things at our big clubs. I'm pretty sure the Liverpool job is still an attractive one to all but maybe 3-4 of the biggest managers.

I'd disagree with you bingo about Rafa having them over a barrel, ultimately the money men will always win as they appear to have done again.

Is this good or bad for Liverpool? Will the players rumoured to be unsettled be more or less likely to stay??

Mark Hughes anyone????

But thats the thing Boycey, we don't want a run of the mill manager. We want/need one of the top managers for the job and i'm not including the Fergies, Wengers in that top 4 as they are untouchable in there current role. Liverpool should be attractive for the likes of Mourinho but we seem to be aiming at Curbs or Hughes (sacked by a rival for not been able to go the extra mile).

Football is unfortunatley all about money now, hence the obsession.

Yeah it is  ::) I'm sure he debated long and hard after Rafa walked to tear up his new Real contract.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on June 03, 2010, 04:15:02 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 03, 2010, 04:11:30 PM
Julian Dicks giving his opinion on skysports.... Like anyone cares what he thinks ::)

Was only half listening to him, was he referring to Liverpool as "we"?? A bit rich that

Called himself a Liverpool player but then stopped and said err ex Liverpool player!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

DennistheMenace

As a neutral I think this is the start of a long few seasons for Liverpool.

Whilst Rafa made mistakes who will come in and do a better job than him with the resources or lack of provided by the Americans ? Torres will probably leave now, Gerrard has been linked to Real although he himself was baffled by some of Rafa's decisions but in all honesty from what I've seen of Stevie G he isn't exactly blameless of Liverpool's poor form in the league this season.

Daglish to come in a manage Liverpool now after 11 years not taking a team ?

MoN would not be liked at Anfield in general and to be honest who the hell would want to take control of Liverpool with the limited backing they would receive from the yanks.

Expect big names to follow now and once the dust settles other fans will realise things under Rafa weren't bad at all, damage limitation if anything.

stew

Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 04:14:28 PM
He's gone, official.

Gutted to be honest.

Stew please do f**k off you arsehole of the highest and I mean highest order. You are clueless.

You need to calm down and take a tablet son, potential owners should not nor have they ever made executuive decisions for a club they do not own, I know you are apoplectic and orgasmic over that eejit Rafa being wacked but there is no need for personal abuse son.

Rafa failed to deliver the Premiership, he overspent for players that turned out to be dire and then he made a big signing and didnt play the man and this for a club with severe financial difficulty.Fact.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bingobus

Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 04:21:44 PM

You need to calm down and take a tablet son, potential owners should not nor have they ever made executuive decisions for a club they do not own, I know you are apoplectic and orgasmic over that eejit Rafa being wacked but there is no need for personal abuse son.

Rafa failed to deliver the Premiership, he overspent for players that turned out to be dire and then he made a big signing and didnt play the man and this for a club with severe financial difficulty.Fact.

Just leave it.