The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Seriously,who's available and who might be available after the world cup??ottmar hitzfeld is a serious manager, wonder if he could be lured away from the Swiss job??

bingobus

Quote from: ballinaman on June 03, 2010, 11:48:12 AM
Seriously,who's available and who might be available after the world cup??ottmar hitzfeld is a serious manager, wonder if he could be lured away from the Swiss job??

I genuinely don't see how you could attract any manager to the job. All they have to do is see whats gone on in recent times and the uncertainty over the ownership and finances available.

I had this terrible nightmare of Fat Sam standing infront of the "This is Anfield" sign stating that this was the only job, apart from the England job, which he'd leave blackburn for and then announce then he was resigning Diouf to replace Torres.  :-[

Geoff Tipps

My thoughts exactly Bingo - Alan Curbishley FFS. If the extent of our ambition is to hang around the premiership and be a mid/lower table team then yes he could do a job. He's a journeyman manager. He's up there with Fat Sam in Fergie's arse licking clique too.

If any of these numpties are being seriously considered I'd rather Kenny steps in at least until the ownership is sorted.

norabeag

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 03, 2010, 11:56:30 AM
My thoughts exactly Bingo - Alan Curbishley FFS. If the extent of our ambition is to hang around the premiership and be a mid/lower table team then yes he could do a job. He's a journeyman manager. He's up there with Fat Sam in Fergie's arse licking clique too.

If any of these numpties are being seriously considered I'd rather Kenny steps in at least until the ownership is sorted.
There are plenty of suitable candidates around at the minute. Phil Brown for starters, Ian Dowie should be free soon. Ex Kop legend Steve Staunton has now served his apprenticeship in the lower leagues.
Couldn't see Hughes taking a step down all the same

bingobus

Quote from: norabeag on June 03, 2010, 12:02:38 PM

There are plenty of suitable candidates around at the minute. Phil Brown for starters, Ian Dowie should be free soon. Ex Kop legend Steve Staunton has now served his apprenticeship in the lower leagues.

On my sides, stop, please, oh the humour and wit....stop please....I'm cracking up....oh stop....get a spotlight and a stage....the wit.....PMSL....... ::)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Boycey on June 03, 2010, 11:06:03 AM
Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 10:52:58 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 03, 2010, 10:31:51 AM
All joking aside lads. Some of the names floating about as a replacement for Rafa are not very ambitious, but I suppose it is not the attractive job as it should be given the finance available.

Thats the key thing and seems to be missed on alot of Liverpool supporters (not nessecerily ones on here), where does the club go now? Alan f**king Curbishley???? If Rafa walks we'll be left with a yes man in charge and players coming and going to beat the band. The club is already behind the main pack and I fear that more unheaval will put us light years behind. At least Rafa had the yanks over a brallel and was willing to take them on.

Any decision on managers should have been left to new owners. Simple.
Mark Hughes anyone????

No thanks. The height of his achievements are that he made Blackburn a decent side for a while. Something even Fat Sam managed to do last season

It's alright getting rid of Benitez until you see the list of potential replacements.  Bar one or two (who are unlikely to take the job anyway) I would rather have stuck with Benitez.

supersarsfields

Quote from: norabeag on June 03, 2010, 12:02:38 PM

Feck me is this the level of humour now?

As GBB has mentioned it's grand the idea of getting rid of Rafa, until you actually look at what our options are! And to line Rafa up for the chop without having anyone with decent background lined up is crazy.

I can't see how things will improve next season and they badly needed to!!

The Real Laoislad

Slaven Bilic wouldn't be a bad choice Imho.
Certainly prefer him to Sammy Lee :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Mayo4Sam

I'd take McLeish to be honest, think he's an excellent manager
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Bensars

There is obviously someone lined up already. If the talk of a £3 million severence deal to get Benetiz out of his existing contract you can be sure a replacement has already been sought. I can understand some liverpool fans wanting the best manager available but the reality is that very few would be brave enough to accept such a challenge, with the current unrest at Liverpool, to blot a possible impressive or improving CV.

The next manager may only be a stop gap until such times as the current off field situation is resolved.

Now that there seems to be movement on the Managerial front they should concentrate of getting a group of players together who have a bit of balls about them.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 03, 2010, 01:43:55 PM

Seconded, MON may be the most practical answer though.

bingobus

There is absolutely nothing to suggest they have anyone at a decent level lined up. 3m is also suggested to be way short of what will be offered. The most likely option is that they will appoint an interim manager - Sammy Lee, Kenny - until a new owner comes in. This is only more uncertainity for players and supporters.

What is more likely lined up is a firesale of players and cheap replacements with no-one in the way. One possible way for the yanks to extract funds is to repay the loans to their holding companys plus interest on top of that. Hopefully the banks would have covenants in place to prevent that.

I think balls is one thing Liverpool players don't lack. Skill levels would be one thing they most certainly lack.

bingobus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 03, 2010, 02:17:15 PM

Hasn't Billic all but agreed to take over France after the world cup and O'Neill is having money trying to get funds off his own yank, he's hardly interested in getting in bed with two of them  ???

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 02:18:52 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 03, 2010, 02:17:15 PM

Hasn't Billic all but agreed to take over France after the world cup and O'Neill is having money trying to get funds off his own yank, he's hardly interested in getting in bed with two of them  ???

Blanc is taking over France.