The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 27, 2010, 11:22:51 AM
Looks like you lot are getting a get out of jail free card from Juventus. Jammy. That will save Liverpool a pile of dosh as they won't have to sack Rafa now. The bump a new manager (unless they are a complete tube) will bring will give them a fighting chance of 4th.
Not kicking folk when they are down but Benitez' media interviews are terrible. His reaction to last nights game was surreal to say the least. He sounded like Phil Brown or someone managing a team fighting relegation.

From what I am reading if this happens it will not be until the summer. Too late by then I think as Liverpool will be lucky to be in the top 6 never mind top 4.

I wonder how close are we to a mass 'Sack Rafa' protest at Anfield?

bingobus

Quote from: EC Unique on January 27, 2010, 11:56:55 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 27, 2010, 11:22:51 AM
Looks like you lot are getting a get out of jail free card from Juventus. Jammy. That will save Liverpool a pile of dosh as they won't have to sack Rafa now. The bump a new manager (unless they are a complete tube) will bring will give them a fighting chance of 4th.
Not kicking folk when they are down but Benitez' media interviews are terrible. His reaction to last nights game was surreal to say the least. He sounded like Phil Brown or someone managing a team fighting relegation.

From what I am reading if this happens it will not be until the summer. Too late by then I think as Liverpool will be lucky to be in the top 6 never mind top 4.

I wonder how close are we to a mass 'Sack Rafa' protest at Anfield?

That will never ever happen in my belief. Even on forums those asking for him to be sacked is in the minority, others believe it is best for him to leave in summer but even in the souness years was it at the very end did the supporters turn on him and that wasn't to the scale you'll see at other clubs.

stew

Liverpool look listless, they look leaderless and it would seem to me that the problems come from within as they are playing without any passion or conviction. They look like they are on auto pilot and then they get interviewed and state they have turned the corner.............again.

Benitez should quit before he does any more damage, if ever a team needed a change at the top it is them and O'Neill would be a good man to bring them back into PL contention.

I think they had one shot on goal against wolves, one shot in 90 minutes, that has to be their worst ever effort.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bingobus

Quote from: stew on January 27, 2010, 01:55:27 PM
Liverpool look listless, they look leaderless and it would seem to me that the problems come from within as they are playing without any passion or conviction. They look like they are on auto pilot and then they get interviewed and state they have turned the corner.............again.

Benitez should quit before he does any more damage, if ever a team needed a change at the top it is them and O'Neill would be a good man to bring them back into PL contention.

I think they had one shot on goal against wolves, one shot in 90 minutes, that has to be their worst ever effort.

Good man Stew, Portsmouth was worse imho, at least we didn't conced last night.

Again, O'Niell wouldn't do it for me and I know from looking at other forums, that the vast majority of Liverpool supporters (that been a key element) think the same.

stew

Quote from: bingobus on January 27, 2010, 02:01:35 PM
Quote from: stew on January 27, 2010, 01:55:27 PM

Good man Stew, Portsmouth was worse imho, at least we didn't conced last night.

Again, O'Niell wouldn't do it for me and I know from looking at other forums, that the vast majority of Liverpool supporters (that been a key element) think the same.

I was talking shots on goal bingo, not overall disappointing performance.

Norf Tyrone

I think a sign of Liverpool's demise is that there are so few coming in here now to gloat, and banter.

It's like kicking a puppy!  :-\
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

There also could be an element of hostage to fortune about that Norf.  The United lads probably have the good sense to think, 'There but for the grace of God'...

The Arsenal lads don't usually do that sort of kicking, and you're in the minority as a Chelsea fan :D

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 27, 2010, 02:59:19 PM
There also could be an element of hostage to fortune about that Norf.  The United lads probably have the good sense to think, 'There but for the grace of God'...

The Arsenal lads don't usually do that sort of kicking, and you're in the minority as a Chelsea fan :D

I am just gracious AZ.  ;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

under the bar

A question for you lot.

I know dozens of Liverpool fans who like the odd flutter but have never been unable to find a single one who took them at 80/1 for the CL in 2005.  They were the same price as Rangers that year.   By contrast most of them had backed them at short odds for the title this year. 

Did anyone here take them at 80/1 that year?

bingobus

No, know one person who backed them at HT in the match at crazy odds but he only had a few quid on it.

I've never backed them for the league/CL/FA cup of anything. Rarely, if ever, even put them in an accumulator. May have a bet on first scorer but thats it.

They where 80/1 for a reason and doubt many took them odds to be honest. Why would you?

AZOffaly

rory

There are 2 things that fans look for from their team; Skill and Passion.  Usually, one will do.  Man U, when they're winning leagues have both, Chelsea have a bit of both too, while Arsenal may not have the passion, but they make up for it with the skill.

Last night, Liverpool had neither.  Against Stoke and Spurs, the skill wasn't there, but at least the passion was.  If you're not playing well, the least you expect from your team is to give it their all.  Last nights display was skillless and passionless.

Another major problem is our lack of pace without Torres.  Opposing teams, even so called minnows like Wolves, can press us 'cos they know that our best weapon, the long ball over the top to Torres, isn't there.  At least when Ngog came on last night, we had a bit of pace to worry the defence.

Without Torres we need either a similar quick man up front or wingers who can get to the byline.  Again we didn't have either until Ngog came on.  If he had been on for the whole game we would have at least created a few more chances.

Gabriel_Hurl

what's this nonsense I'm reading about Benny going for 7 million?

stew

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 27, 2010, 05:50:39 PM
what's this nonsense I'm reading about Benny going for 7 million?

He's quality and would walk on to any team anywere I would have thought. 7 million for him, Liverpool must be mad in the head. In todays market he should be a 20 million pound player.