Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: Syferus on June 10, 2018, 06:28:56 PM
People from the north using the Palestinian flag as a prop is probably one of their more ill-advised choices. The people in Gaza would love to have their cushy lifes and political situation.

What??

seafoid

People from the north using the Palestinian flag as a prop is probably one of their more ill-advised choices. The people in Gaza would love to have their cushy lifes and political situation.
It's called solidarity
Michael Glavey would have recognised it
Dermot Earley understood Israeli tactics very well.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hardy

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 10, 2018, 05:50:33 PM
Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2018, 05:47:03 PM
Quote from: thejuice on June 10, 2018, 05:38:37 PM
I know this is a thread about flags but anyone have any thoughts about the little bit of football that went on between the main flag events.

Not a whole lot. We're not at the races. We don't even know where to get the bus to the races. Tyrone were awful but still we let them beat us. And the least we could have done was lose with a bit of dignity, but our manager had to make an ape of himself.

We can only wait and hope that the work being done with the youngsters will bear fruit in time.

What did your manager do?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mcentee-irate-with-late-call-36993811.html

tonto1888

Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2018, 06:40:58 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 10, 2018, 05:50:33 PM
Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2018, 05:47:03 PM
Quote from: thejuice on June 10, 2018, 05:38:37 PM
I know this is a thread about flags but anyone have any thoughts about the little bit of football that went on between the main flag events.

Not a whole lot. We're not at the races. We don't even know where to get the bus to the races. Tyrone were awful but still we let them beat us. And the least we could have done was lose with a bit of dignity, but our manager had to make an ape of himself.

We can only wait and hope that the work being done with the youngsters will bear fruit in time.

What did your manager do?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mcentee-irate-with-late-call-36993811.html

Just saw it on the Sunday game. Didn't look good

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on June 10, 2018, 05:56:59 PM
I believe that the GAA has an "official" policy on the flying of the Palestinian flag which led to yesterday's events.

If this is actually true, then it's nakedly discriminatory, and ripe for a legal challenge I should imagine.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

mrdeeds

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 06:43:17 PM
I believe that the GAA has an "official" policy on the flying of the Palestinian flag which led to yesterday's events.

If this is actually true, then it's nakedly discriminatory, and ripe for a legal challenge I should imagine.

A garda statement said he was asked to lower it as spectators complained their view was blocked. He then became abusive towards the guards and that's why he was arrested.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 10, 2018, 06:46:02 PM

A garda statement said he was asked to lower it as spectators complained their view was blocked. He then became abusive towards the guards and that's why he was arrested.

That is an answer to a different question, from that which I've posed herein.

longballin

View of what blocked? Was a few cones on the field, didn't seem to be anything else. Hard to hear any abuse. Did SKY TV drive this?

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2018, 06:38:21 PM
It's called solidarity

It's pretty damn clear it's being used to draw attention to themselves more than it has anything to do with any concern or understanding of what is happening in Palestine. Not like you to be disingenuous..

BennyHarp

So according to the Gardaí, it was irrelevant that the flag was Palestinian then? Do the guards really spend their time responding to calls that a spectators view is blocked at sports events?
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Quote from: Syferus on June 10, 2018, 07:45:48 PM
It's called solidarity

It's pretty damn clear it's being used to draw attention to themselves more than it has anything to do with any concern or understanding of what is happening in Palestine. Not like you to be disingenuous..

You have no idea the amount of protests and delegations from Tyrone that have gone to support Palestine.

Fear ón Srath Bán

It's called solidarity

When you have something to say, and not just about other counties, that has a ring of truth about it, I might then take notice.

BennyHarp

There's a great irony in you following up this particular post with a comment about people doing things to try and draw attention to themselves.
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Quote from: longballin on June 10, 2018, 08:07:33 PM
It's called solidarity

You have no idea the amount of protests and delegations from Tyrone that have gone to support Palestine.
And the tide is slowly turning thanks to the action of decent people all over the world.
The decision of the Argentinian team not to play was a big blow for Israel

An Argentine government official told the NY Times that "(Argentine president Mauricio) Macri apologized to (Benjamin) Netanyahu but said if the players don't want to go there was nothing he could do."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 08:11:51 PM
It's called solidarity

When you have something to say, and not just about other counties, that has a ring of truth about it, I might then take notice.

You've fairly rattled yourself in this thread already without trying to make it worse.