Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

This match is asymmetric for Tyrone . They are expected to win but if they lose it will be a catastrophe.
Meath were atrocious last year. Maybe they can rouse themselves. If they lose it won't be much of a big deal.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

Whoever wins will get a serious bounce going into the next game.
Tyrone, because they've beaten the old enemy, 'MEATH'.
Meath, because they've beaten the old enemy, 'ANYONE'.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Laois Today has some breaking news on the religious weaponry to be deployed in this match

Sponsored by the Presbytery in Portlaoise

Tyrone will be going with a traditional prayer to buttress the prayers they already used to no avail against Monaghan.

The Blessed Virgin. O most beautiful Flower of Croke Park, fruitful vine splendour of Heaven, fruitfuö fount of scoribg forwards, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist us in a win over Meath.. O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee (say 3 times). Holy Mary, I place this cause in your hands (say 3 times after the Rosary )

Meath have lost that fuball  feeling and are believed to have gone back to basics with

"Jesus Mary and Joseph assist us now and in our last agony. "

It may come down to who has the best holy water.

WT4E

Quote from: Jinxy on June 07, 2018, 12:26:22 PM
Whoever wins will get a serious bounce going into the next game.
Tyrone, because they've beaten the old enemy, 'MEATH'.
Meath, because they've beaten the old enemy, 'ANYONE'.

Here Jinxy don't mean to bust your bubble but no one likes Meath either!  ;D

Jinxy

The manly and/or aristocratic counties still appreciate us.

omagh_gael

Tyrone make 4 changes to their starting 15:

1 N Morgan
2 P Hamspey
3 R McNamee
4 HP McGeary
5 T McCann
6 F Burns
7 M McKernan
8 C Cavanagh
9 P McNulty
10 M Donnelly
11 N Sludden
12 C Meyler
13 C McShane
14 R Donnelly
15 C McAliskey

16 M O'Neill
17 R Brennan
18 M Cassidy
19 H Loughran
20 C McCann
21 D McClure
22 A McCrory
23 K McGeary
24 R McNabb
25 R O'Neill
26 R Sludden

Biggest surprise is Ritchy Donnelly starting in FF line, however, he'll likely spend time moving out the field too. I'd say you'll see the likes of him and Mc Shane alternating between FF and HF line. Michael Mc Kernan starting in wing back is a positive move, excellent defender, pace to burn and can take a score. Big chance for him.

With the lack of natural forwards starting are we likely to see a return to the tactics of last year were we lay deep and attacked at pace with limited presence in the FF line? I can't see Mickey leaving the likes of R Donnelly or McShane in FF line for long periods of time.

illdecide

Tyrone will win this handy enough, I also believe the qualifiers will suit them and if they draw is kind to them and they get a bit of momentum up they will be hard to stop. Also a few weeks down the line and players come back from injury and the few players that are back get more sessions and games into their legs everything will pick up. I genuinely think if Tyrone had a fully fit 15 they would have beaten Monaghan but we'll never know. Tyrone will be in the All Ireland semi's
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

illdecide

As an Armagh man I've no reason to praise Tyrone, as a GAA fan it's just my opinion.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Rossfan on June 08, 2018, 11:17:23 AM
Tyrone's answer to Syferus ::)

Had a laugh at that! You'll not see too many Tyrone flags around Lurgan (is that correct illdecide?)!!

Jinxy

Quote from: illdecide on June 08, 2018, 11:13:26 AM
Tyrone will win this handy enough, I also believe the qualifiers will suit them and if they draw is kind to them and they get a bit of momentum up they will be hard to stop. Also a few weeks down the line and players come back from injury and the few players that are back get more sessions and games into their legs everything will pick up. I genuinely think if Tyrone had a fully fit 15 they would have beaten Monaghan but we'll never know. Tyrone will be in the All Ireland semi's

So much for our long standing non-aggression pact with Armagh.

seafoid

12 pages on the Friday before a Tyrone match is very little, compared to last year.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 08, 2018, 11:27:16 AM

Had a laugh at that! You'll not see too many Tyrone flags around Lurgan (is that correct illdecide?)!!

Just on bonfires 😜

illdecide

Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 08, 2018, 12:35:01 PM

Just on bonfires 😜

Believe it or not but there are a few Tyronies about the town and you get the odd flag here and there. I coach a minor team and one of the we hoors always wears his Tyrone top to training, there's a bit of cross breeding going on there. There's also a few hiding out in Warringstown too ;)

omagh_gael

Quote from: illdecide on June 08, 2018, 12:52:11 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 08, 2018, 12:35:01 PM

Just on bonfires 😜

Believe it or not but there are a few Tyronies about the town and you get the odd flag here and there. I coach a minor team and one of the we hoors always wears his Tyrone top to training, there's a bit of cross breeding going on there. There's also a few hiding out in Warringstown too ;)

Clearly our agents need more training on the art of subtlety!!