Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Over 500 people turned out in Navan County Meath today to honour the actor Pierce Brosnan. Navan Urban District Council bestowed the honour of Freeman on the 46-year-old at a civic reception at ten o'clock this morning. The James Bond star, who was accompanied by his mother May and his son Christopher, mingled with locals for over an hour. Mr Brosnan, who was born in Drogheda and lived in Navan for 12 years, declared himself proud to be a Navan man.

Over an hour?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

'Mr Brosnan, who was born in Drogheda and lived in Navan for 12 years, declared himself proud to be a Navan man.'

Hypothetical question here.
If Pierce had been reared in Drogheda, instead of Navan, would he have grown up to be James Bond?
I think we all know the answer.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Jinxy on May 31, 2018, 06:27:22 PM
'Mr Brosnan, who was born in Drogheda and lived in Navan for 12 years, declared himself proud to be a Navan man.'

If Pierce had been reared in Drogheda, instead of Navan, would he have grown up to be James Bond?

He was checking out A View to a Kill in terms of Tyrone dismantling Meath's 2018 chances.

Therealdonald

Always hated Meath. Hope we hammer them next week. McDermott's tackle on God in 96 was up there with the most treacherous acts of the last 30 years in Croke Park.

ONeill

And then Sludden adding salt to the wounds. Talk about Stockholm Syndrome.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Jinxy on May 31, 2018, 06:27:22 PM

Both are within the Pale so probably Yes

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Quote from: ONeill on May 31, 2018, 06:22:31 PM
Over 500 people turned out in Navan County Meath today to honour the actor Pierce Brosnan. Navan Urban District Council bestowed the honour of Freeman on the 46-year-old at a civic reception at ten o'clock this morning. The James Bond star, who was accompanied by his mother May and his son Christopher, mingled with locals for over an hour. Mr Brosnan, who was born in Drogheda and lived in Navan for 12 years, declared himself proud to be a Navan man.

Over an hour?

46 my ass more like 76

Just looked it up 64, hope you are not an accountant O Neill

never kickt a ball

So I predict:

Tyrone 1-12 Meath 007

I expect Tyrone to be shaken but not stirred.

Hardy

Quote from: joemamas on May 31, 2018, 08:02:03 PM

Over an hour?

46 my ass more like 76

That was about 20 years ago. I remember seeing it reported on the news and the oleaginous p***k treating the whole thing as a joke with a smarmy smirk on his face and a contemptuous attitude to whatever dignitary was conferring the honour.

I've been saving "oleaginous" for a suitable outing. I'm happy now.

thejuice

James Bond with an Ardee accent. Now that would be special.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on May 31, 2018, 08:43:51 PM
Quote from: joemamas on May 31, 2018, 08:02:03 PM

Over an hour?

46 my ass more like 76

That was about 20 years ago. I remember seeing it reported on the news and the oleaginous p***k treating the whole thing as a joke with a smarmy smirk on his face and a contemptuous attitude to whatever dignitary was conferring the honour.

I've been saving "oleaginous" for a suitable outing. I'm happy now.

Oleaginous was the name given after a feed of pints  by Meath fans to Ollie Murphy, who was classed as a fuball genius
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

twohands!!!

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2018/05/31/news/gavin-devlin-fires-back-at-sean-cavanagh-s-tyrone-criticisms-1343395/

QuoteThe 2003 All-Ireland winner said he never had any problem discussing team matters with Harte during his playing days with Tyrone.

"If I had been captain, I have no doubt that I could have met Mickey and said: 'Mickey, I think this is what we should do,' or 'What about trying this?'

"I wouldn't sit and keep my mouth shut. I've had a number of conversations with Sean and he never mentioned anything about styles of play or what we should and shouldn't do. If he thought something wasn't right, as captain, why didn't he come and have a conversation with us rather than saying it in an RTE studio?

"That's my opinion on it... The captains we've had in the past, I've no doubt would have come to Mickey and had their say.

"We've been very, very close in recent years and we didn't get over the line to win an All-Ireland. Maybe that's what was missing, that calibre of captaincy."

Getting nasty now - puts Colm Cavanagh in an awkward position.

omaghjoe

Quote from: ONeill on May 31, 2018, 07:26:56 PM
And then Sludden adding salt to the wounds. Talk about Stockholm Syndrome.

Sludden has been known to favour Carmen purely because everyone else hates the bastards, twas the same with Meath

WT4E

Quote from: Therealdonald on May 31, 2018, 07:13:33 PM
Always hated Meath. Hope we hammer them next week. McDermott's tackle on God in 96 was up there with the most treacherous acts of the last 30 years in Croke Park.

+1 only it over the last 100 years!