Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Kieran Shannon saying Tyrone  (and other Ulster teams) were naive to persist with mass defence: http://amp.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/can-anyone-catch-the-mighty-dublin-459327.html

Hopefully Mickey is having a rethink. I wouldn't expect him to come out and say publicly that he got the system wrong, but I would hope that he will make real changes come the new year.

redhandefender

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on September 20, 2017, 10:48:51 PM
Kieran Shannon saying Tyrone  (and other Ulster teams) were naive to persist with mass defence: http://amp.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/can-anyone-catch-the-mighty-dublin-459327.html

Hopefully Mickey is having a rethink. I wouldn't expect him to come out and say publicly that he got the system wrong, but I would hope that he will make real changes come the new year.

Ah well if Kieran Shannon said it...............

vallankumous

This whole fixture mess is embarrassing.
And they wonder why there's a high level of player drop out.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Club boi on September 20, 2017, 06:03:14 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 20, 2017, 01:53:14 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 20, 2017, 09:32:40 AM
Il Bomber Destro - You slate Mc Carron -

"I thought defensively we were hugely exposed against Dublin - McNamee, McCrory and McCarron in particular. McCarron looks like his legs are gone"

An then you name him in your team!!!!!!!! Strange

Hardly strange when there's little better options. I also concluded that we need to be wiser in who we match him up against and signed it off with a horses for courses analogy. Try paying more attention next time around.

You wrote that much I got bored. But you did state Mc Carron should -

"marking bigger and more static men"

How many Countys now line out with big non mobile full forwards you want him to mark??

Well Dublin started one on the edge of the square last weekend. Donegal may decide to move Murphy back in there this year. Monaghan use Jack McCarron there, he picked up Aidan O'Shea inside last year - so to answer your question - quite a few.

toby47

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 21, 2017, 04:46:07 PM

"I thought defensively we were hugely exposed against Dublin - McNamee, McCrory and McCarron in particular. McCarron looks like his legs are gone"

Hardly strange when there's little better options. I also concluded that we need to be wiser in who we match him up against and signed it off with a horses for courses analogy. Try paying more attention next time around.

How many Countys now line out with big non mobile full forwards you want him to mark??

Well Dublin started one on the edge of the square last weekend. Donegal may decide to move Murphy back in there this year. Monaghan use Jack McCarron there, he picked up Aidan O'Shea inside last year - so to answer your question - quite a few.

Kerry - Donaghy

Legoman5

Quote from: toby47 on September 21, 2017, 04:55:13 PM

Kerry - Donaghy

Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Derry - Carlos McWilliams
Down - Connaire Harrison

lenny

Quote from: Legoman5 on September 22, 2017, 11:26:51 AM

Kerry - Donaghy

Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Down - Connaire Harrison

Harrison would skin McCarron every time and I've never seen McWilliams ever play full forward for derry or even for his club.

rrhf

Quote from: lenny on September 22, 2017, 12:29:49 PM

Kerry - Donaghy

Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Down - Connaire Harrison

Harrison would skin McCarron every time and I've never seen McWilliams ever play full forward for derry or even for his club.
Well you haven't lived. 

toby47

Quote from: rrhf on September 22, 2017, 01:19:59 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 22, 2017, 12:29:49 PM

Kerry - Donaghy

Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Down - Connaire Harrison

Well you haven't lived.

Can back lenny up. The closest you will have seen Carlos Playing full forward for Derry is wearing number 15 playing a sweeping role. If people are calling him Derry's full forward they haven't a clue or else have made a mistake.

Club boi

Right so hang on, O'Gara yes I'll give you that 1 but was it his 1st start of the year?? Whats happens if he doesnt start?? Mc Carron benched??

Donegal "May decide" to move Murphy ha ha

Jack McCarron was badly found out when Cahmpionship came around. Didint touch leather after the league

And as for -

Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Down - Connaire Harrison

Laughable. Any of our defenders could mark these 3rd grade footballers in Cahmpionship football

Your point is invalid and thin

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Club boi on September 22, 2017, 04:04:13 PM

Right so hang on, O'Gara yes I'll give you that 1 but was it his 1st start of the year?? Whats happens if he doesnt start?? Mc Carron benched??

Donegal "May decide" to move Murphy ha ha

Jack McCarron was badly found out when Cahmpionship came around. Didint touch leather after the league

And as for -

Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Down - Connaire Harrison

Laughable. Any of our defenders could mark these 3rd grade footballers in Cahmpionship football

Your point is invalid and thin

You asked what counties play big static men on the edge of the square, I've given you a few examples there off the top of my head if you want more I can give you an endless list. In the past year I think you will find that the following will have played full forward for their counties:

Kerry - Donaghy
Monaghan - McCarron
Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Armagh - Ethan Rafferty
Derry - Mark Lynch, Emmet McGuckin
Dublin - Eoghan O'Gara
Meath - Mickey Newman
Laois - Donie Kingston
Sligo - Pat Hughes
Cavan - Michael Argue
Cork - Peter Kelleher
Galway - Sean Armstrong
Dublin - Eoghan O'Gara
Mayo - Aidan O'Shea, Danny Kirby
Donegal - Hugh McFadden

So you are talking out of your hole, it matters not a jot if the player was found out or not, you claimed teams don't play big static men on the edge of the square - they do, ergo McCarron can still have a role to play despite it being obvious his legs are gone. I appreciate there might be too much logic there for you to comprehend though.

ose 14

what role has mccarron to play if his legs are gone. please explain.

lenny

Quote from: ose 14 on September 23, 2017, 06:40:54 AM

His logic makes no sense whatsoever. His legs have gone so he can't mark players with speed. He's not particularly tall and isn't brilliant in the air so he's not really suited to marking very tall players like donaghy or o'shea but bomber still wants him on the team instead of trying to develop a younger player. He'll come back on now saying we're just too stupid to understand.

Il Bomber Destro

Clearly you seem to have comprehensions problems. I'll use bullet points this time as mild activity seems to put too much strain on your brain:

• McCarron has lost a yard of pace this year
  • Therefore it would be unwise to match him up against guys who are going to move him about and get away from him
  • He is still one of our stickiest markers and the most physically imposing of our full back options
  • Therefore he is best suited being matched up against big static players who play in the inside line, which most counties still persist with - contrary to your views

I really can't make it much more simpler than that for you.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on September 23, 2017, 06:58:46 AM

His logic makes no sense whatsoever. His legs have gone so he can't mark players with speed. He's not particularly tall and isn't brilliant in the air so he's not really suited to marking very tall players like donaghy or o'shea but bomber still wants him on the team instead of trying to develop a younger player. He'll come back on now saying we're just too stupid to understand.

My logic makes sense, McCarron has handled guys like Kieran Hughes, Murphy, McGuckin etc with little bother in previous years. So he has shown he is suited to marking those type of players.

I see you are still maintaining your bitter fixation with Tyrone GAA matters, very strange behaviour.