Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 22, 2020, 09:07:27 AM
14 day quarantine with their work from travelling to the north  :(

We're like lepers up here lol.

Not good. The whole thing needs called off.

How do you combat the likes of that work thing? You would need to play all the games down south.

If true, an absolute disgrace but it should be noted that this was a secondary complaint from them after the thinly veiled jibe that they wanted Antrim to come and meet them halfway to play at a neutral venue, which was rightly refused.

toby47

Quote from: gallsman on October 22, 2020, 09:42:32 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 22, 2020, 09:07:27 AM
14 day quarantine with their work from travelling to the north  :(

We're like lepers up here lol.

Not good. The whole thing needs called off.

How do you combat the likes of that work thing? You would need to play all the games down south.

If true, an absolute disgrace but it should be noted that this was a secondary complaint from them after the thinly veiled jibe that they wanted Antrim to come and meet them halfway to play at a neutral venue, which was rightly refused.

A poor statement by Waterford IMO.

No issue with any team not feeling comfortable at the minute and not fielding a game, especially a meaningless one for them. However, don't try and push the blame towards the opposition.

Na Glinntí Glasa

had a good read through it as well and its a very poor statement. They would be better deleting that as its an embarrassment
hurl like f**k boi!

BrendanAntrim

It is a statement full of waffle and spin. Embarrassing is right. It doesn't help us either, we would have wanted Sligo going into their match believing promotion was still possible for them. They know it isn't now.

Dunsilly King

Not to impressed with statement, trying to suggest Antrim are complicit in it as well for not agreeing to a neutral venue. The bit that sticks out for me is the reference to Northern Ireland instead of Ulster. West brit language. Do they not realise the GAA is a 32 county association.

gallsman

There's enough wrong with the statement without bringing that into it. The COVID issue in urgent is clearly exacerbated by having two jurisdictions on the island. Michelle and Arlene agent setting policy in Donegal.

delgany

Alongside Covid concerns, it's a cost saving exercise - 3 buses required for 2 day trip, over night stay for 35 , cost approx £7k, for a dead rubber match for Waterford !

gallsman

It's 3.5 hours on empty roads. No need for hotels at all.

Jeepers Creepers

Load of tents up in the Falls Park, Black hacs taking them to and fro the match, £3 return!?

Milltown Row2

No surprised and Waterford were waiting on Croke park to make it easy for them, it didnt happen so they have constructed a statement about employers and the like, a bit like Leitrim did against Down...

The employers would be leaving themselves wide open with statements like that too...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Dunsilly King on October 22, 2020, 10:26:35 AM
Not to impressed with statement, trying to suggest Antrim are complicit in it as well for not agreeing to a neutral venue. The bit that sticks out for me is the reference to Northern Ireland instead of Ulster. West brit language. Do they not realise the GAA is a 32 county association.
The National Draw is now for 26 counties also.. Are we being ostracised again

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on October 22, 2020, 02:50:58 PM
The National Draw is now for 26 counties also.. Are we being ostracised again
Take it down from the mast. Haven't even The wit to change the name of it

delgany

Antrim have offered to play in Dundalk !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on October 22, 2020, 10:02:16 PM
Antrim have offered to play in Dundalk !

Like what the f**k!! After the statement they gave I'd have moved the game to Ballycastle!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

restorepride

I agree totally - and rest assured that there are many Waterford Gaels with whom this does not rest easy.  I would have expected better from Port Láirge.