Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 17, 2020, 09:00:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2020, 07:50:55 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 17, 2020, 06:29:54 PM
Were boys sent off ? Or were they on the drinK last night ? That's a scundering

On the drink?

You not watch it?
no working Today. What's your explanation for that drubbing ? Bad referee ?

So your views on the game are nonsense
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2020, 09:14:45 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 17, 2020, 09:00:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2020, 07:50:55 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 17, 2020, 06:29:54 PM
Were boys sent off ? Or were they on the drinK last night ? That's a scundering

On the drink?

You not watch it?
no working Today. What's your explanation for that drubbing ? Bad referee ?

So your views on the game are nonsense
yes that's why I'm looking for yours and otherS

EOC1923

Yes that is true i remember the game at Corrigan this year. Paddy Cunningham a great player but id prefer to be building for the future with Pat Shivers / Loughran or someone similar. Note that Wicklow have a young manager 32 yrs old i think, won an All Ireland U20 title with Kildare. Thought they loooked physically stronger, faster, fitter all round.

paddyjohn

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 17, 2020, 09:40:21 PM
Yes that is true i remember the game at Corrigan this year. Paddy Cunningham a great player but id prefer to be building for the future with Pat Shivers / Loughran or someone similar. Note that Wicklow have a young manager 32 yrs old i think, won an All Ireland U20 title with Kildare. Thought they loooked physically stronger, faster, fitter all round.

So we go for a new young manager?

EOC1923

doesnt have to be young just dont think current man has been a success at bringing young players through

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 17, 2020, 09:40:21 PM

In fairness to your first sentence, Paddy didn't start, he came on mid second half, scored cracking point with first kick.

If I could be bothered looking back over posts I would but I'm sure there was some posters asking for Lenny to bring back the better older players that were playing well in championship.

You can't then turn round when he does and complain!

We didn't get our heads up after the penalty!

We didn't win kick outs, we didn't put a tackle in we couldn't pass the ball or hold on to it. There was a direct line into our fb line that we couldany close. I'd say the first five minutes we were well on top, that was it!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Most of the older players that were brought back weren't playing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 18, 2020, 10:05:44 AM
Most of the older players that were brought back weren't playing.

Injured by all accounts... we'd the best squad for a while and we'd a horror show. Can it go down as a blip?

EOC1923

Thomas McCann, Kevin O Boyle, Mark Sweeney, Paddy Cunningham. Who else was there?

imtommygunn

Sweeney isn't  that old. McCann and Cunningham were subs were they not? Sweeney's reasons were living in Dublin not retirement. He's being picked in the Dublin best club 15 regularly apparently. You couldn't not pick that.

imtommygunn

Oh didn't realise he was that old. I don't think taking them back was a mistake at all. I think it had to be done.

bannside

I made the case for Sweeney here a while back, his presence was missed I thought when he pulled off the squad for work reasons.

Who wants to be a manager? If we had got promoted, bringing back the vastly experienced Mick PC Tomas Kobo & Sweeney would be hailed as a masterstroke. Up to 12. 45pm yesterday we ALL thought that was a very strong possibility. A day later and their are dissenting voices that this was the wrong tactic.

We are now depending on an unusual sequence of results. Today Limerick need to beat Wexford, and then ironically we need that same Wexford team to beat flying Wicklow next week. Highly unlikely albeit still mathematically possible. Especially as those two teams meet a week later in the Leinster championship, so if Wexford have nothing to play for league wise, are they likely to have enough motive to try stop the Wicklow promotion march?

Plus...we have to win our last game with a squad thats mentally in rags. Its definitely not the Sunday morning I was looking forward to (Celtic getting hammered didnt help also) but we should be careful not to beat up the players or the management. They will be feeling immense pain already.

As manager I was on the wrong end of a defeat like that, ironically in a county final, when Lenny was managing a St Galls team that ran riot. Its a lonely place and sometimes not deserving of a hammering like that after the work you put in. It can take a long time to recover. But thats football, it can be very cruel at times.

We are ALL hurting right now, time for cool heads and to wait and see what happens over the next few days and weeks.

whatwillbwillb

FFS lads its Div4, theres no doubting the younger talent we have which he hasn't used really and had no intention of doing. He played safe with the older lads without at anytime really developing a significant balance within the squad of young and older heads in his tenure.  A man that has never really run club teams proper, except nipping in to that fantastic Galls side for the AI campaigns and then getting out and traded on it ever since for a nice package. From day 1 looking to get out of Div4, instead of implementing a structure that would have had those kids well bedded in and established then look to kick on and making no excuses and secret about it across the county with the fantastic PRO we have..  Prawn Sandwich brigade, MR2 i know he's your clubman but he's not up to the task has neither the experience nor knowledge to really carve out what would be a great side in time with that young talent we have.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on October 18, 2020, 11:48:48 AM
FFS lads its Div4, theres no doubting the younger talent we have which he hasn't used really and had no intention of doing. He played safe with the older lads without at anytime really developing a significant balance within the squad of young and older heads in his tenure.  A man that has never really run club teams proper, except nipping in to that fantastic Galls side for the AI campaigns and then getting out and traded on it ever since for a nice package. From day 1 looking to get out of Div4, instead of implementing a structure that would have had those kids well bedded in and established then look to kick on and making no excuses and secret about it across the county with the fantastic PRO we have..  Prawn Sandwich brigade, MR2 i know he's your clubman but he's not up to the task has neither the experience nor knowledge to really carve out what would be a great side in time with that young talent we have.

Clubman or not the result was poor, worse than poor in fact. Managers/coaches/trainers all have to take responsibility, that comes with the job. But 15 fit strong players with plenty of experience took to the field and played well below their own standards.

This was a collective result, if you can't look at it like that then you're playing the man not the ball!!

3 years my be the  tender for  management now so after this year in championship we'll be able to put forward these brilliant managers that'll bring us out of the doldrums..  ::)

bannside

If Sligo beat Limerick next week, in Sligo....and we beat Waterford in Portglenone, then we still go up. We still have a chance albeit its no longer in our own hands.