season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

I was sure I had read about some tickets being available for teams in minor final but when I emailed them they said this wasn't the case. I'm a fan of the scheme but I hate false advertising. Also I don't like the way they say there'll be a draw for non competing counties with 100% attendance but will give out no details about when it will take place or how many tickets are availabe.

armaghniac

QuoteAlso I don't like the way they say there'll be a draw for non competing counties with 100% attendance but will give out no details about when it will take place or how many tickets are availabe.

With the messing with scanners and the like, how many will have a 100% record, even if they did attend every game?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on September 10, 2010, 11:01:22 PM
QuoteAlso I don't like the way they say there'll be a draw for non competing counties with 100% attendance but will give out no details about when it will take place or how many tickets are availabe.

With the messing with scanners and the like, how many will have a 100% record, even if they did attend every game?

Breffni Park NFL game 2009 I asked a "maor" where the season ticket style was.
Firs he'd heard of such a thing and when I explained it all to him he told me
" Jasus ye're fierce smart bucks in Roscommon altogether"  ;D ;D
Difficult to have confidence in the system after that  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

cloneman

Has anyone's tickets arrived yet? Still waiting on mine!

Throw ball

Just wondering if any non Cork or Down people with 100% attendance record got any word of the promised draw for All Ireland final tickets. I attended all Armagh games this year but have heard nothing. I do not want to go but reading this thread and hearing no word of such a draw would put you off renewing the season ticket for next year. (not saying Armagh will be in the final next year my Down friends.  ;))

supersub

I didn't renew my season ticket this season as all the messing about put me right off it last year, I had two different cards send to me etc. Never thought Down would get to
Final so didn't bother me not having one - how ironic. Managed to get tickets but looks like it would have been touch and go to get my 'guarenteed' ticket if I'd kept the season ticket!

tyronebhoy

Quote from: Throw ball on September 16, 2010, 12:23:50 AM
Just wondering if any non Cork or Down people with 100% attendance record got any word of the promised draw for All Ireland final tickets. I attended all Armagh games this year but have heard nothing. I do not want to go but reading this thread and hearing no word of such a draw would put you off renewing the season ticket for next year. (not saying Armagh will be in the final next year my Down friends.  ;))

Have emailed them to find out but have heard nothing yet.  Also asked about tickets for minor teams supporters but was told the season ticket was for senior championship only.  Did read somewhere early on that some tickets might be available to the minor supporters but doesn't seem like that was true or maybe they have just decided not to bother with it.

western exile

Quote from: cloneman on September 15, 2010, 11:14:45 PM
Mine arrived via An Post yesterday (Wednesday) morning

MCMLX

Quote from: western exile on September 16, 2010, 01:22:15 PM
Quote from: cloneman on September 15, 2010, 11:14:45 PM
Mine arrived via An Post yesterday (Wednesday) morning

Ours too. Western exile, you are going to have a headache on Sunday evening listening to us.  ;)

tyroneman

Any word when the 2011 season tickets go on sale? I dropped an e-mail to HQ but as usual they couldn't be arsed responding.

ross4life

Quote from: tyroneman on October 26, 2010, 07:01:47 AM
Any word when the 2011 season tickets go on sale? I dropped an e-mail to HQ but as usual they couldn't be arsed responding.

Email i got.

Season Tickets will go on sale again in November! As of yet, prices have not been confirmed but Season Tickets for the 2010 Season were €75
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

armaghniac

I was going to email them with some observations.

The inability to buy companion tickets was odd and unnecessary. At the Dublin Armagh game Croke Pk was about 25% full, there was no reason why the section devoted to season tickets couldn't have been expanded. Even if they didn't want extra people sitting in a particular area then why not give the season ticket holder the option of sitting with those of their choice in the general ticket area.

Also I mislaid my ticket in the summer. It said that you could get a replacement for €5. I asked for this, but never received one, although they kept charging me although I had no means of entering the ground. I accept that I was at fault, but their system didn't work.

Lastly minor final tickets were mooted, but it seems here that they did not materialise.

Maguire01

Quote from: ross4life on October 26, 2010, 05:23:50 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on October 26, 2010, 07:01:47 AM

Email i got.

Season Tickets will go on sale again in November! As of yet, prices have not been confirmed but Season Tickets for the 2010 Season were €75
I imagine they'll be the same price. I don't think they can justify an increase and to be fair, they're decent enough value at that price.

armaghniac

Armaghniac,  a chara,

The 2011 GAA Season Ticket will go on public sale on 10th November 2010.

As an existing GAA Season Ticket holder you will be given the option to renew in advance of this date. You can expect an email on Monday 7th November outlining the steps to take during the purchase process.

Here's to another great GAA season!

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office.

tyronebhoy

Got that email as well.

Minor quibble, Monday is the 8th November, so will the tickets go on sale on Monday or on Sunday 7th?