season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

western exile

I hope you are not in charge then  :o

From the official season ticket website "The Season Ticket holder will be charged the adult stand ticket price less €5 for all subsequent matches bar the Provincial Final & the All-Ireland Final when the normal full price will apply".

So season ticket holders of 6 of the counties in the football qualifier finals pay less than Mayo and Meath season ticket holders have to.  How unfair is that?

I know that the GAA have done this before (put quarter finals on the same programme as semi finals and charged more) but there was no way of proving which game someone really wanted to attend.  However, that is not the case with season ticket holders this year, as their card is being swiped (and charged) to prove it!  There is no excuse for not treating all the 8 equally.

Archie Mitchell

It may not be fair, but you still are going to see an AISF as well as the quarter final and should pay the semi-final price. If you were to pay the €35 for the Mayo v Meath game would you and all other fans just there to see the game get up and walk out when the game is over as that's all your there to see?

western exile

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 05, 2009, 08:35:27 AM
It may not be fair, but you still are going to see an AISF as well as the quarter final and should pay the semi-final price. If you were to pay the €35 for the Mayo v Meath game would you and all other fans just there to see the game get up and walk out when the game is over as that's all your there to see?
I do understand what you are saying.   But that is not the point.  Firstly, if the game was on Saturday, NO Mayo people would come up again for the hurling on the Sunday. That is not what they bought their season ticket for.  And, most likely if the football was the second game on Sunday they would not attend both games.   However there is a more important issue here.  The terms and conditions of the Season Ticket were clearly stated before any of us decided to purchase it.  We agreed to these and purchased it in good faith, knowing full well that we would be charged for a quarter final ticket (less €5) if Mayo were successful in reaching it. i.e. we agreed that we would be charged €30 even if we did not attend.  At no point did anyone agree, nor was it a condition, that we would be shafted for an extra €10

Donnellys Hollow

Not the first two counties it has happened to. Kildare Cork football quarter-final was a curtain raiser to the Kilkenny Cork hurling semi-final last year. I think Kerry Monaghan in '07 was played before the Limerick Waterford hurling semi-final as well.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Doohicky

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 05, 2009, 02:34:28 PM
Not the first two counties it has happened to. Kildare Cork football quarter-final was a curtain raiser to the Kilkenny Cork hurling semi-final last year. I think Kerry Monaghan in '07 was played before the Limerick Waterford hurling semi-final as well.

But last year there were not people FORCED to pay extra money for the tickets.

The point being made is that the season ticket holders have to pay for this ticket. They have no choice.

Others, and all the supporters last year could choose not to pay the extra and not go. The Season ticket holders do not have that choice, they are charged irrespective.

Personally, I would be willing to pay the extra due to the extra game I am getting, but this is not the same for everyone.

armaghniac

Perhaps the solution is to charge a QF fee only for people who don't attend (which can only be a hadful).
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

western exile

Quote from: armaghniac on August 05, 2009, 04:33:20 PM
Perhaps the solution is to charge a QF fee only for people who don't attend (which can only be a hadful).
I am not sure how much of a "solution" that  would be, as the whole point of season tickets is to reward the faithful, and not the other way round  ;)

However, it is more fundamental.  If you buy a product or service from any organisation, and both parties are clear on the agreement from the start, of how much is to be deducted from the purchasers credit card, the vendor cannot (should never) decide to deduct a larger amount whenever they feel like it.  It is just not on!

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: western exile on August 04, 2009, 07:04:46 PM
Although Season Ticket holders are supposed to be charged at a reduced rate, Mayo Season Ticket holders are being charged a Semi-Final price for a Quarter-Final game !!   

Are we sure that's the case? Maybe they'll only take €30 off Mayo and Meath ST holders.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

donelli

you are getting the ticket for 45-5=€40.
thats your usual price of a quater final plus  a chance to see an ireland hulring  semi final for €10,...not bad

Be happy that you county is in the quarter final!! i'd happily pay it to see my team in croker this time of year!!

T Fearon

Its my opinion that Armagh season ticket holders are entitled to avail of concessionary rates for the Minor Semi final and indeed should be entitled to tickets for the final if Armagh qualify as the offer did guarantee you a ticket if you're "county" (note there was no senior qualification) reached the final and technically Armagh will have done so if the minors beat Kerry.

Could I ask you to email the ticket office to clarify this? I have done so but they haven't responded as yet. A little bit of concerted pressure might work here

tyronebhoy

TFearon

Good point, I always wondered about that.  Did you get to make use of the season ticket for the other Armagh Minor matches because they may say you needed to attend 60% of the minor games to qualify for a ticket.

armaghniac

QuoteGood point, I always wondered about that.  Did you get to make use of the season ticket for the other Armagh Minor matches because they may say you needed to attend 60% of the minor games to qualify for a ticket.

The point is that there was no way to record your season ticket at a minor game. Patrons of good standing who had at least attended a few minor games should perhaps get a shot at an all-ireland ticket, but this was not recorded.

T Fearon

Made use of it at first Ulster game against Tyrone, however it wasn't eligible to be used at any of the other games involving Armagh minors, as the Seniors weren't playing.

Its a grey area I know but with a concerted effort we may just wangle this as I doubt Armagh even sold their entire 250 season ticket allocation. What I desperately need is for more Armagh season ticket holders to raise this issue with the season ticket office.

PS Do you reckon Tyrone fans will actively support Aramgh minors on August 23rd?

Cúig huaire

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2009, 03:02:13 PM
Its my opinion that Armagh season ticket holders are entitled to avail of concessionary rates for the Minor Semi final and indeed should be entitled to tickets for the final if Armagh qualify as the offer did guarantee you a ticket if you're "county" (note there was no senior qualification) reached the final and technically Armagh will have done so if the minors beat Kerry.

Could I ask you to email the ticket office to clarify this? I have done so but they haven't responded as yet. A little bit of concerted pressure might work here

I emailed the ticket office earlier in the year to ask if we could use our season tickets for a minor game. I was told that the season tickets are for senior games only and we will not be able to use them if our team was to get to the All Ireland Minor Final, they are however thinking of changing this for 2010.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

armaghniac

Quotethey are however thinking of changing this for 2010.

F*** that, we can't have a good minor team every year!