season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 15, 2009, 04:27:44 PM
Slight hiccup in Carlow, I have two season tickets in my name. They emailed me last week asking did I want stand or terrace. I said both tickets will be terrace, needless to say only one name was on the list for the Terrace, it wasn't an issue as such as they just scanned both season tickets, just hope that having two tickets on my account deosn't becomes an administration headache.

As you said the terrace, did you just go to the designated turn style and get your ticket scanned as per national league?
Hopefully its the same for Casement on Sunday as the stand has limited numbers and as of yet, have yet to hear anything from them.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 15, 2009, 05:03:59 PM
Slight hiccup in Carlow, I have two season tickets in my name. They emailed me last week asking did I want stand or terrace. I said both tickets will be terrace, needless to say only one name was on the list for the Terrace, it wasn't an issue as such as they just scanned both season tickets, just hope that having two tickets on my account deosn't becomes an administration headache.

As you said the terrace, did you just go to the designated turn style and get your ticket scanned as per national league?
Hopefully its the same for Casement on Sunday as the stand has limited numbers and as of yet, have yet to hear anything from them.

Yep exact same as the National League expect they had a list of people they were expecting for the Terrace. For the stand they scanned you through and then handed you your stand ticket.
#newbridgeornowhere

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 15, 2009, 05:06:33 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 15, 2009, 05:03:59 PM

Yep exact same as the National League expect they had a list of people they were expecting for the Terrace. For the stand they scanned you through and then handed you your stand ticket.

Cheers, expecting similar situation on Sunday. If its a good day I dont mind going to the terrace.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Just thought of something. Since the Armagh v Tyrone game had the hard copy tickets sent out for season ticket holders, am I right in thinking that no had their actual season ticket scanned? How then we that worked regarding attending 60% of your county's fixtures should they reach the All Ireland final? (albeit that its likely this will be more of an issue for tyrone supporters than Armagh!)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Doohicky

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 15, 2009, 05:15:26 PM
Just thought of something. Since the Armagh v Tyrone game had the hard copy tickets sent out for season ticket holders, am I right in thinking that no had their actual season ticket scanned? How then we that worked regarding attending 60% of your county's fixtures should they reach the All Ireland final? (albeit that its likely this will be more of an issue for tyrone supporters than Armagh!)

Been mentioned before and honestly we have no idea.

Also Archie, don't be expecting the scanners and so forth at Casement.
Every Ulster championship game has had tickets sent out beforehand. We have had no choice on going elsewhere and I doubt it will change.

For some reason the Ulster Council think it best to be complete arseholes to the Season ticket holders.
I would love to have the option to go to the standing section as it means I could be with my mates.

Maguire01

What way did the tickets work for Ballybofey? Was there a restriction on extra tickets? There seemed to be plenty of extra seats in the stand.

Doohicky

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 15, 2009, 06:44:57 PM
What way did the tickets work for Ballybofey? Was there a restriction on extra tickets? There seemed to be plenty of extra seats in the stand.

See below...

Quote from: Goldengreen on June 11, 2009, 08:31:23 PM
For the Donegal Antrim game, the first mail we got from the ticket office was Today (Thur 11th) at 3:15

A chara,
It is almost time for the Ulster GAA Football Championship clash between Donegal & Antrim on Sunday 14th June in MacCumhaill Park, Ballybofey.
Due to the high demand for seats in the brand new stand in Ballybofey, Ulster GAA have requested that we post out "regular" hard copy tickets to all Season Ticket holders from the competing counties.
All tickets have been posted by "Express Post" today and An Post have guaranteed next day delivery. If you do not receive the tickets tomorrow please get in touch by response to this email and we will sort things out for you. We will also check for emails on Saturday.
The last minute delivery is due to a technical gliche here in the GAA Ticket Office that we had solved this morning. As per above, we will make sure you get in and get your seat. Apologies for the tight timeframe!
If you have any queries, please feel free to get in touch.
Le meas,
GAA Ticket Office.

Sounds all very last minute, also we were not given the option to buy extra tickets. On my account I have two season ticket, hope they will be together.
Also Express post only guarantees next working day in the Republic. I wonder whats the story for Antrim Season Ticket Holders.

Trevor Hill

Will Croke Park/Ulster Council issue tickets for games not including your own county to season ticket holders. I would like to go to the Antrim v Cavan game and am hoping they will send out a couple of tickets as it wont be a sell out.

southderryman

anyone know what the craic is with tickets for sundays match at casement?

Maguire01

Quote from: Doohicky on June 15, 2009, 06:51:05 PM

See below...

For the Donegal Antrim game, the first mail we got from the ticket office was Today (Thur 11th) at 3:15

A chara,
It is almost time for the Ulster GAA Football Championship clash between Donegal & Antrim on Sunday 14th June in MacCumhaill Park, Ballybofey.
Due to the high demand for seats in the brand new stand in Ballybofey, Ulster GAA have requested that we post out "regular" hard copy tickets to all Season Ticket holders from the competing counties.
All tickets have been posted by "Express Post" today and An Post have guaranteed next day delivery. If you do not receive the tickets tomorrow please get in touch by response to this email and we will sort things out for you. We will also check for emails on Saturday.
The last minute delivery is due to a technical gliche here in the GAA Ticket Office that we had solved this morning. As per above, we will make sure you get in and get your seat. Apologies for the tight timeframe!
Le meas,
GAA Ticket Office.

Sounds all very last minute, also we were not given the option to buy extra tickets. On my account I have two season ticket, hope they will be together.
Also Express post only guarantees next working day in the Republic. I wonder whats the story for Antrim Season Ticket Holders.
Seems ridiculous now.

Maguire01

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 15, 2009, 07:21:12 PM
Will Croke Park/Ulster Council issue tickets for games not including your own county to season ticket holders. I would like to go to the Antrim v Cavan game and am hoping they will send out a couple of tickets as it wont be a sell out.
I'm sure these will be on general sale through Ticketmaster.

Goldengreen

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 16, 2009, 02:13:15 PM
Quote from: Doohicky on June 15, 2009, 06:51:05 PM

See below...

A chara,
Le meas,
GAA Ticket Office.

Seems ridiculous now.

Thats for sure seeing as how many empty seats there was in the stand. Also we were not given the option to buy extra tickets. Only reason I can think of is the seats only when in and maybe they did not have a seating chart done in time.

Also the ticket office said they would track attendance via the Hard Copy ticket Stub, hmmm, that would mean scanning every ticket season ticket holders and non-season ticket holders. Do they actually do that, I can't see it. I could see them counting them all to get a figure for then amount of people that were there, but cant see them scanning them all to figure out the attendance for season ticket holders.

I think for next year you should be able to log into the web site and see for yourself if your attendance has been counted.

Doohicky

Yeah, that's a good idea Goldengreen.

It would really annoy me if Tyrone got to the All-Ireland Final and then they said I hadn't attended enough games because of some mess up like that.

I was at 5/7 League matchs and I know they were recorded, and if Tyrone get to the final there will have been 2 more games properly recorded (Q/F, S/F).

So if they somehow buggered up my Ulster game attendance I would be listed as attending 7/12.
That would mean no ticket I believe!

Anyway, I am more inclined to believe that any tickets sent out counted as us attending whether we do or not.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Doohicky on June 16, 2009, 03:41:44 PM

It would really annoy me if Tyrone got to the All-Ireland Final and then they said I hadn't attended enough games because of some mess up like that.

I was at 5/7 League matchs and I know they were recorded, and if Tyrone get to the final there will have been 2 more games properly recorded (Q/F, S/F).

So if they somehow buggered up my Ulster game attendance I would be listed as attending 7/12.

Anyway, I am more inclined to believe that any tickets sent out counted as us attending whether we do or not.

I'd be fairly sure that'd be the case. they know how haphazard the recording has been and will, I hope, assume that any error is their fault if they are challenged at all. There'll have been provision made for 500 All Ireland final tickets for the scheme in any case (or at least there should have been!).
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Doohicky

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 16, 2009, 04:12:29 PM
[spoiler]
Quote from: Doohicky on June 16, 2009, 03:41:44 PM

[/spoiler]

I'd be fairly sure that'd be the case. they know how haphazard the recording has been and will, I hope, assume that any error is their fault if they are challenged at all. There'll have been provision made for 500 All Ireland final tickets for the scheme in any case (or at least there should have been!).

I agree.

Maybe, the AIF tickets available to people whose County do not reach the final, but they attended 100% of the matches are used to fill up any of the 500 allocated seats...